JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a pair of cylinders in the garage.........just two, but still a lot of power...

This is amazing to watch. No wonder they have us post "NO SMOKING" signs in the front window when there are tanks of oxygen delivered to the house.

Have you wondered what would happen if a delivery truck carrying hazardous materials

such as oxygen and acetylene welding gas cylinders had an accident in front of you?

View the video below for what actually happens.

It's spectacular and just when you think it's all over - it's not!!

So the next time one passes you on the road, give him lots of room.

(The picture freezes for a short time in the middle, but resumes after a few seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FG1LGKieTxY?rel=0

WHAT THE HECK WAS THE MORON IN THE SILVER CAR THINKING????

When I was in the 8th grade 1971-72 at the High school in the Ag shop a couple of guys were moving an Oxy/Act torch setup up on a hand truck without the cylinders being chained down. The 4foot tall Oxy cylinder fell off the hand truck and the valve hit an Irrigation trailer they were building. It sheared the valve off and sent the tank like a rocket across the shop floor through the Cement Block wall and then across about 50 ft of parking lot before it went through the Auto Shops cement block wall and ended up smashed into a teachers car that was being serviced.

Luckliy no one was hurt The construction class repaired the damage and a year later when I tool metals shop (same shop as the Ag shop class room) You could still hear the Metal shop teachers voice echoing off the walls from when he chewed out the two Kids that were moving the tank.

The guys in the wood shop next door said it sounded like a truck had hit the building when it blew the 3' x 4' hole in the wall.

Glad I missed that.

I was fishing in the Willamette River when an overhead crane at the shipyards lost a big oxygen/acetylene tank set while hoisting it across a barge they were working on.
The neck of the oxygen tank must have snapped off as it soon came flying off the barges deck and down into the river.
But as soon as it disappeared, it came flying straight back out of the water just like a submarine Polaris missile.
It did a few mid air somersaults and then shot straight back down to the rivers bottom were it ran out of pressure.

The oxygen bottles are the bad ones. They make every thing burn good
The guy filming sat there for a minute before backing up. I would have backed up to the next town
My dads welding trucks had 2each oxy and acetaline. Then the welder had 25 gallons of gas. A 2gal can for the generator. And 4-5 jerry cans for my backhoe
And of course 30 some gallons on the truck itself
We figured it would be close to this kind of fire

My neighbor was telling me about one of his shop co workers who walked up to him and asked for the portable oxy/acc torch cart so he could roll it out to the storage area were the extra tanks were stored.
He asked him why he didn't take a hand truck to retrieve one of the acetylene tanks that he sent him out there for, and the dumb bubblegum told him that there was a yellow jacket nest in one of the acetylene tanks safety caps and he was going to burn them out so he wouldn't get stung.

I saw that video a couple of years ago, fun to watch it again. I have to hand it to the Russians, their obsession with vehicle cameras sure captures some strange and wacky stuff.

In russia the insurance co will not pay out on an accident without video proof so the majority of vehicles have dash cams. Or so I am told.

I think I've heard something along those lines too. I'm just glad they have them, because there seem to be a ton of psycho drivers over there - plenty of entertainment for us.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top