JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is absolutely ridiculous!

"Bill proposed in Oregon would make cigarettes prescription-only drugs" Bill proposed in Oregon would make cigarettes prescription-only - KPTV - FOX 12

I personally think smoking is disgusting, but if people want to do it that is their choice.

It really is too bad liberals are too stupid to think for themselves. Major reason why rancid meat sacks like Mitch Greenlick can propose crap like this.

Portland commies are out of control.

If pot is going to be illegal, make nicotine and alcohol illegal too so the government can stop being hypocritical.

Better solution: legalize everything and tell the government to feck off.

good luck finding a doctor to write a prescription...

write a prescription for cigarettes = lawsuit when they have heart attack, COPD or lung cancer...

I have no problem with "no smoking indoors in public places" laws. I don't even mind "no smoking within 10 feet of an entrance/window/vent" laws (although I think individual establishments should be allowed to exempt themselves,) but this? Pure insanity. Washington has outright legalized marijuana, and an Oregon politician wants to make tobacco medical-only?

Of course, one legislator proposing something doesn't make it law - or even mean it has any serious chance of passing. I have a feeling this won't even make it out of committee.

CashCow.jpg

When I see someone smoking a cigarette my mental reaction is really?, a person still wants to suck nicotine + all sorts of addictive additives into their lungs? I HATE smoking, but I hate BS laws even worse.

I know that addictions are a nasty thing. Been trying to get a friend to quit for 20 years now.

Nothing tops the disgusting tobacco companies, save the pharm drug pimps.

What idiot doctor would proscribe anything that was proven to be harmful to every users health????? thats just idiotic thats like proscribing a loaded musket to every person who is suicidal?!?!?!
All this crap is getting way out of control, the president orders a couple bans and now every person in america with a little power is wanting to flex it somehow, this madness needs to stop before we turn into the next north korea

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top