JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm presently leaving the People's Republik of Massachusetts and its silly gun laws and hyper-liberal moonbats and headed to SE Washington.

Did you know that in Massachussetts you can't:
  1. "touch" a machine gun without a license-that's a felony
  2. "touch" a spent casing without a firearms identification card (FID) or license to carry (LTC)-that too is a felony
  3. defend your home, garage, or property unless your life is in imminent danger?
  4. draw a concealed weapon without firing, because odds are that you'll be nailed for brandishing?
  5. have silencers or short-barreled rifles? Ever?
  6. leave your gun unlocked in your house--ever? Because that's improper storage, jail time, and a felony.
  7. Hunt deer with anything other than shotgun slugs?
Ah, I can smell the smell of freedom already.

My family of five all shoot pistol and three of us have LTCs, the other needs a couple of years. My wife will carry once she enters a free state; my daughter is ecstatic to be shooting--anything, anytime. She does me proud. The next son was huge into paintball and airsoft and is hard to keep in ammo now that he's graduated to the real deal. The last son likes steel targets. A lot.

I look forward to enjoying freedom with you.

While Oregon isn't exactly the land of complete opportunity when it comes to guns, it should be a nice and welcome change for you. Just be very careful in and around Multnomah County (where Portland is located) - they are attempting to do the same things Mass and a few other states have done - only state preemption has blocked them from going that far.

BTW, leaving your gun unlocked in your home if you have children is a crime in Multnomah county if something ever happens with that gun - hopefully you're outside the boundaries of that county.

Enjoy the forum and your new-found freedom!

#4 applies in WA as well but the rest of those ludicrous rules will be a thing of the past.

Congrats on your move!

Maybe #1 does too, we can't be trusted with full-auto's apparently.

Wait - you forgot - more than 10 rounds in a magazine! (clip, if you're Diane Feinstein)
DOH! How could I possibly have forgotten the most onerous of all?!

But that is ok because we can stock up and still shoot "Thirty magazine clip(s) in half a second."

Funny thing-I didn't even know they made M&P magazines in greater than 10 round capacities.

Thankfully I won't be living in Multnomah County but will be driving through so ill bone up on laws for carry, transport and car storage as I get there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top