JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One person's condition rating may not be the same as mine
Man ain't that the truth - this happened to me a while back (but I did NOT say I would take it - just stop by and look) A guy had a 1908 Mod 94 in 25-35 for sale priced for what a near mint one should sell for and I won't describe what I saw but it was maybe a $200 shooter at best. I did not even make an offer.

If a man (or woman) has questions, or wants to set a meet to purchase and uses "PM sent" then I feel it is just that, a PM sent. It doesn't say "I'll take it" and in no way says sold, and as such shouldn't stop others from posting PM's if interested. PM sent doesn't clog up the post with a bunch of questions that are best answered elsewhere. I have purchased after someone posted PM sent in the past and feel that what they and the OP discussed prior to OUR business was none of MY business, perhaps they couldn't come to terms. If I post I'll take it, it means just that, you have my word. Thanks Trlsmn for all the work you and the other's do. John

how does the board feel about leading someone on for weeks, then the night before the transaction is to take place (after pic requests, phone number given, and difficult travel arrangements made) the person says "oh hey sorry I am going to buy it new?"

I would like to see a mods response- I feel neg feedback should be left but I hate playing the elementary game of "I'm an a$$ and you called me on it so now I'm going to try and one up you." It sucks to have your feedback get negged because another person won't keep their word or own their screwups.

how does the board feel about leading someone on for weeks, then the night before the transaction is to take place (after pic requests, phone number given, and difficult travel arrangements made) the person says "oh hey sorry I am going to buy it new?"

I won't hold something for more than a couple days, If a guy is serious he can make a deal happen in less than 48 hours, if he can't then he has to take his chances that another buyer may beat him to the deal.

I would like to see a mods response- I feel neg feedback should be left but I hate playing the elementary game of "I'm an a$$ and you called me on it so now I'm going to try and one up you." It sucks to have your feedback get negged because another person won't keep their word or own their screwups.
Me too. For me to get negged in retaliation would indicate a truly broken and bullbubblegum system. If not, then kudos. However, that should be on his record.

I won't hold something for more than a couple days, If a guy is serious he can make a deal happen in less than 48 hours, if he can't then he has to take his chances that another buyer may beat him to the deal.

even so, thats how the deal was going. He could have told me at any time or not replied, but he waited until the NIGHT before to bubblegum out. Not cool.

wtf, bubblegum? why not ***?

Looks like most of us agree: "I'll take it = SOLD!" --at the price and conditions of the seller. Once posted it effectively takes the (whatever) off the market for others.
Fortunately for me, everyone I've met on this forum has acted with honesty and integrity; not always the case elsewhere.
This is a good place to be, maybe because it feels "local". The mods here do a fine job.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top