JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In most Scandinavian countries if you get a DUI you automatically loose your license for a year and from that point on your license plate is blaze orange - if you are caught driving a car without the orange plates you loose your license for another year. If you get a second DUI its a 5 year loss of license, 3rd is prison time and permanent loss of license... I vote you change their user name to blaze orange for set time frames for various offenses - say the first time is a 1 month change, second is good for 6 months of "the orange name", etc... of course if both parties and the moderator come to an agreement it can be dropped early...
Another idea would be blocking their account from viewing the ads section instead of or in addition to the orange name tag...
Just a thought.

I would not like my name being a different color............ but I dont plan on welching on a deal either, but I've had it done to me.
I would agree if someone did do as talked about that the negative feedback could be left but the option to leave negative or any for the transaction for the other party being locked

"I'll take it" with the proverbial grain of salt...a lot of times these claims are from junior members who do not always know the etiquette let alone the laws regulating sales; it used to annoy me, now I'm more jaded. Not to say it isn't a PITA...

I'd rather see more infractions for people who keep bumping sales early, keep posting quasi-updates for an ad, close an ad then open a new one with the same item, or just plain BS'ing about an item for sale. I don't see that on other forums like I have here, but maybe my worldview is narrow...

I usually stay out of the comments but this subject is worthy of one. I totally agree that "I'll Take It" means at the sellers asking price and terms...Period... but it also should mean within a reasonable length of time....not next payday..........

Good point! yes ability to pay should be a factor, someone that doesn't have the means to pay "when" they post "I'll take it" has no business posting I'll take it.

I think it sucks. I have had people do this to me on other forums when selling an Item. guy said they wanted a shotgun I had for sale, I had sent him multiple pictures and an honest accurate description...the guys said yes I drove to a half way point and when we got there he fondled the gun for awhile then offered $75 less than we had agreed upon..........what a tool.
My thought is people need to conduct them selfs with Honor...but you know it just doesnt always go that way!

I have had people that have PMed and stated they want to meet up to look at an item and I always PM back and just let them know that I don't meet with anyone with a solid offer. If what happened to you happened to me I would definitely leave negative feedback.

Good point! yes ability to pay should be a factor, someone that doesn't have the means to pay "when" they post "I'll take it" has no business posting I'll take it.

+1

I almost posted an "I'll take it" on an ad a few weeks ago. I wasn't absolutely sure I could come up with the cash *that day*, so I went to the bank to move some stuff around. When I came back, it was sold.

Fair enough. But, had I posted "I'll take it" and then not been able to get the cash immediately, I'd have felt like a worm.

Common sense appears to be a thing of the past. This is now the Right-of-Entitlement generation. Absolutely no accountability. I'd assume that we are all upstanding citizens and most all of us would agree that people should be held accountable for their actions.

"I'll take it" = You will take it for asking price.
"PM offer sent" or "Offer sent" = Other than asking price offer has been sent via pm. Negotiate behind the scenes from there.

Once seller and buyer agree it should be a done deal.

NOT the seller coming back with "Oh, by the way, I'm not taking your offer as someone else made me an offer for full price", etc. Once everything is agreed upon it should be a done deal.

NOT the buyer wanting to negotiate after "I'll take it" or after FTF and fondling it.

This includes payment now, tomorrow, end of week, next payday, tax return, etc.

Once both parties agree upon the conditions it should be a done deal.

Worse case having to back out of the deal for legitimate unforeseen circumstances. *My dog was hit by a car and I need to take what I was going to pay you and pay Vet bills, etc. Everyone can sense BS "stories".

Negative and Positive feedback should be left. "Slap the hand" of offenders by leaving negative feedback. If no one does anything they will continue to act the way they do.

My 0.02 worth.

Last Edited:
like 100% of everyone eles, "i'll take it" is exactly what it sounds like- a commitment to buy the item at the last price advertised. you don't want into a car dealership, look at the sticker and proclaim, "i'll take it!" but then go try to haggle. first of all, you wouldn't get anywhere- he already knows you were willing to pay full tag price a minute ago. that's why you said "i'll take it!"

i don't know that anyone should be able to post in your thread at all. maybe it'd be better if only the OP can post in his own thread, and all questions must happen via PM... that would cut WAY down on thread burying on this website... ****, then you could up the OP bump limited to once every couple of days.

Moderators have opinions, as MOST of US do, but FAIR is Fair..! The Golden rule has always applied, and should not be different here.
If someone makes a mistake, then that can be dealt with. A persons commitment, should be his bond, what else does one have?

Not trying to take this to a Religous point or anywhere that would cause a problem, However, ...........

An "I'll take it" is a committment to purchase. But I think the problem, as others have stated, is the "PM sent" messages. Why do that in the ad? Send the PM and let the OP update the ad, it's not your ad, leave it alone.

LOL, THIS WHOLE THREAD IS REALLY FUNNY. IM SORRY IT JUST IS. I DO HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU THOUGH, UNLESS THE ITEM IS A BAIT AND SWITCH OR NOT AS ADVERTISED THEN I WOULD WALK AWAY TOO. KEEP IN MIND IN BUSINESS THIS HAPPENS ALOT WITH ANYTHING NOT JUST GUNS. ANOTHER PET PEEVE IS WHEN A GUN IS SOLD OR PROCESS AND NOBODY PUTS THE SPF ON THEIR LISTING. WELL THATS MY TWO CENTS, AND WHAT DO YA KNOW I JUST TYPED IN ALL CAPS ON ACCIDENT. OOPS. OH WELL NOT GOING TO RE-TYPE. I'LL TAKE IT SHOULD MEAN FULL PRICE NOT NEGOTIATE, OR TRY TO CHANGE TERMS.

pssst! I think your cap lock is stuck!

I can't take it! :dynamite:

Serious folks.. consider this forum's for sale areas like an online auction site with rules.. learn them and follow them.. so that we can continue to enjoy their use without all the hassles caused the mods. I've been a forum mod (not here) and it's a pretty thankless task

Of course if you hate mods then go for it :s0112:

I think the idea of letting only the OP post on their thread is a great idea. Something would have to be done about the amount of PM's you can have in your inbox though, or some people might not get a gun simply for a seller having too many things posted and getting too many PM's, great idea though.
A thought on the 'I'll take it' if someone posts an I'll take it and is planning a trip to said area where the gun is located in say a weeks times, is that a fair reason for an I'll take it?
I want the gun, but I'm not going to drive 4 hours to get it right now when I know I'm heading up there in a week. Is that a problem? should a deal be decided between the buyer and seller and whatever time frame is set up is up to them? Is it not fair to put an I'll take it even though it will be a week before you can get the gun? Thoughts?

A thought on the 'I'll take it' if someone posts an I'll take it and is planning a trip to said area where the gun is located in say a weeks times, is that a fair reason for an I'll take it?

if your buying it is dependent upon any stipulation, then "i'll take it" isn't appropriate. if you cant buy the item for a week, i'd say you need to PM the seller and say, "i'd like to take it, but i can't get it for a week, can you hold it?"

otherwise, i would not be OK with that. 'cause when you (ambiguous 'you') back out a week later, i'm now back to square one all over again. this is why i WILL NOT hold things for people.

paying for the item ahead of time is the only way this is gonna be OK.

if your buying it is dependent upon any stipulation, then "i'll take it" isn't appropriate. if you cant buy the item for a week, i'd say you need to PM the seller and say, "i'd like to take it, but i can't get it for a week, can you hold it?"

otherwise, i would not be OK with that. 'cause when you (ambiguous 'you') back out a week later, i'm now back to square one all over again. this is why i WILL NOT hold things for people.

paying for the item ahead of time is the only way this is gonna be OK.

People (including me) pay for things in advance all the time here on the honor system, so that's reasonable, IMO

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top