JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My personal opinion:

....When a person posts I'll take it in your "For Sale" ad that means They will take the item for the full price posted by the seller and at the sellers terms....

You don't say I'll take it and then negotiate from there.

I would really like to see an infraction for welchers, I feel people are jumping on quick with an I'll take it as a way to reserve an item and then weasel if they don't get the deal they want.

Discuss

I have been bitten by this a few times, not here, but bitten for sure. I can live through a PM that says I'll take it and then we find we can not work it out, but if you post it on my thread, then you kill my thread for other buyers, and once you say still available, then it does make the seller look potentially difficult, which most likely not the case.

I have a similar complaint for those who offer an trade or something else, or even posting "PM in bound" or similar, it just kills the thread, for me I would rather PMs be sent first and if the deal is struck, let the seller close it.

I agree with the above idea of helping sellers out and giving some kind of penalty for someone who caps a sellers thread and does not open it up if the deal is not struck if it was a trade or PM inbound message, and if they are bold enough to say "I'll take it" then they better take it

I think it sucks. I have had people do this to me on other forums when selling an Item. guy said they wanted a shotgun I had for sale, I had sent him multiple pictures and an honest accurate description...the guys said yes I drove to a half way point and when we got there he fondled the gun for awhile then offered $75 less than we had agreed upon..........what a tool.
My thought is people need to conduct them selfs with Honor...but you know it just doesnt always go that way!

Anyone posting "I'll take it" should be buying the item at the advertised price. No negotiating at that point. If they back out, then you should be leaving negative feedback, unless if it's a very special circumstance.

LOL, THIS WHOLE THREAD IS REALLY FUNNY. IM SORRY IT JUST IS. I DO HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU THOUGH, UNLESS THE ITEM IS A BAIT AND SWITCH OR NOT AS ADVERTISED THEN I WOULD WALK AWAY TOO. KEEP IN MIND IN BUSINESS THIS HAPPENS ALOT WITH ANYTHING NOT JUST GUNS. ANOTHER PET PEEVE IS WHEN A GUN IS SOLD OR PROCESS AND NOBODY PUTS THE SPF ON THEIR LISTING. WELL THATS MY TWO CENTS, AND WHAT DO YA KNOW I JUST TYPED IN ALL CAPS ON ACCIDENT. OOPS. OH WELL NOT GOING TO RE-TYPE. I'LL TAKE IT SHOULD MEAN FULL PRICE NOT NEGOTIATE, OR TRY TO CHANGE TERMS.

Realizing that my OK isn't necessary, I completely agree. "I'll take it." takes the item off the market (to me) and should result in a negative strike without very unusual circumstances.

I agree 100% that an "I'll take it" the item should be considered sold at full price. If not I would love to be able to give the buyer the natural or negative feedback but, all that seller is going to get pissed off and in turn give you negative feedback. I have gotten burned this way before.

I had a deal last night with a trade and it was done and then someone posted I will take and then I got a PM saying sorry someone is paying cash.

Oh well I am becoming very careful with who I deal with.

I agree 100% that an "I'll take it" the item should be considered sold at full price. If not I would love to be able to give the buyer the natural or negative feedback but, all that seller is going to get pissed off and in turn give you negative feedback. I have gotten burned this way before.

I personally consider backing out on an I'll take it worthy of a negative.

Ill take it means just that... hopefully, but bubblegum happens sometimes, so what? If thats my BIG issue fo the day.... Life must not suck.

True, in the big picture it's all little stuff. I just think there should be a standard to uphold, it's really about acting responsible and having ethics, unfortunately I see less and less responsibility and more selfishness as the real problem in today's society.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with you ( Trlsmn) on this ,but how much work is this going to add to you the moderator ? What action are you going to take for what infraction? - Time out for takers -Welchers wacking . Good luck and thank you for your hard work.

In most Scandinavian countries if you get a DUI you automatically loose your license for a year and from that point on your license plate is blaze orange - if you are caught driving a car without the orange plates you loose your license for another year. If you get a second DUI its a 5 year loss of license, 3rd is prison time and permanent loss of license... I vote you change their user name to blaze orange for set time frames for various offenses - say the first time is a 1 month change, second is good for 6 months of "the orange name", etc... of course if both parties and the moderator come to an agreement it can be dropped early...
Another idea would be blocking their account from viewing the ads section instead of or in addition to the orange name tag...
Just a thought.

I usually stay out of the comments but this subject is worthy of one. I totally agree that "I'll Take It" means at the sellers asking price and terms...Period... but it also should mean within a reasonable length of time....not next payday. (unless agreed on)
I also agree that when a seller says "It's Yours" and then comes back with "Oh I got a better offer than the asking price" should be worthy of a negative comment.
Hey, this is a great site I enjoy it...........nothing will ever be perfect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top