JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've bought my ruger p89, my walther ppks, my wife's ppk, and my mini 30 from welchers.
I have never asked a question that the sales staff didn't answer honestly, and after doing my own research, correctly.

The value of Welcher's is in the staff, not in the prices. Though they will do a cash discount for you if you do not use your credit card on more expensive pieces, the solid, sound advice has been the highlight for me.

For the best low price for parts, I shop online but when I need to find out what will really work for a specfic application I spend a bit more to avail myself of their expertise, try out a few things, and usually wind up buying from them. Sort of a "support your local sheriff" deal.

Unusual for a gun store is the lack of self-importance in the crew there; in some stores you feel a bit of "I'm the big inside expert and you are the know-nothing customer" attitude, but I've never found that to be the case at Welchers.

:s0155::s0155:

this little shop in Tacoma is one of the best I have encountered in terms of service, knowledge and down home friendly attitude toward customers.

I wish I had a dealer like this in snohomish county, I would not mind paying a little more to someone I truly like.

highly reccommend this dealer to anyone looking to buy or just learn a little.
Welchers is a true friend to the gun community.

I really like this place. I have purchased one handgun and one shotgun from them so far. Great service and the staff is very knowledgeable. I will definitely be making many return trips.

i to have bought several guns from them. every time i walked away happy with my purchase:s0155:
they also have a decent selection of holsters compared to most shops in the area.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

The shop always tries to give above all else a higher level of customer service.

I am just one of the guys who works there, and its been a pleasure working with the Welchers and crew.

Things have certainly changed in the last few years for us thanks to our new president, when I started here 7 years ago we had one black gun one the rack and one black shotgun. Now we have about 20 of each, how the market has changed.

Fritze

Love this place,they sent back my plr-16 to keltec and got all internals replaced for just 25.00 for shipping.Was looking for windage adjustable AR scope mounts,all they had were somthin i didnt need for 60 bux and the dude behind the counter said i don't wanna sell ya what you dont need go to sportco they got em.:s0155:

Quality place they genuinely try to answer your question and if the person your talking to doesn't know then they will get someone who does, very rarely do you not feel pressured or ignored in a store But here you have neither plus a good selection of ammo and accessories.

I first went to Welcher's back in 1978 when my P.D. authorized use of a non-issue weapon. I got a Colt Python then, and I've been using Welcher's ever since. I'm retired now, with a good collection, all obtained from Welcher's.....:s0155:

I searched high and low for A brick and mortar store that carried holsters other than that nylon stuff. I called them up they told me they had what I needed and would set it aside for me, I went in the next day and asked, they grabbed the holster from the back made sure my weapon fit and got one more satisfied customer. And I got A beautiful GALCO for my 4inch k-frame Will definatley be back..

I went to Welcher's Monday 12-17-2012 looking for an LMT 308, they did not have one but they had an Armalite SASS on the shelf. After inspecting this rifle and asking a few questions I left the shop, went home and researched the rifle. I decided I would like to purchase it but as it is a $3000.00 rifle gave Welchers a phone call told the salesman what rifle I was interested in and asked if they had a layaway program. The salesman I spoke with said yes they did have a layaway program, 20% and I would have 5 months to pay it off. I told the employee I would be at their shop the next day to put it on layaway. The following day around 4:15, 12-18-2012 I went to Welcher's Gun Shop, looked at the rifle and told the empolyee I would like to put it on layaway with $1000.00 down (20% was $536.00). The salesman told me they were not accepting any long term layaways. I explained to him that I had phoned them nd was told all I needed was 20% down. The salesman asked me when I had spoke with them and I replied yesterday. The employee responded that was yesterday, this is today, our policy changed today, we are selling all of this type of rifle. I left the store but on the way out I told them I would never be back. I hve lived in this area since 1967 and over the years have purchased 4 pistols and one shotgun from Welcher's. I have also purchased holsters and a lot of ammunition. I guess when business is brisk greed takes over and customer relations go out the door along with their long time customers. I will never shop at Welcher's again and I recommend everyone go someplace else for their shooting supplies.

In the words of Bill Clinton, "I feel your pain".

Realistically, things changed. I really can't find fault with a business changing their policies due to recent events. Look at it from their perspective. It's one thing to have a long term layaway program when chances are that that the weapon would just sit on the rack for the same amount of time before selling. That's assuming normal circumstances. Today circumstances aren't normal. The Dealer may well be considering that he won't even be allowed to complete the sale 5 months from now and after all, it is HIS money tied up in the weapon(s).

If I was presented with similar circumstances as a Customer, and I really wanted the firearm I would consider using a Credit Card, even if it did cost me some interest and a surcharge. As an option, go get a "signature loan" from the bank.

To take it out on a Dealer that is just reacting to unceertain times isn't totally right. As for Welcher's, I'll wager that this is pretty much the same thing today at all gun stores. People are grabbing anything they can, Rifles, Pistols, Ammo, etc. Until the Political Scene stabilizes this will pretty much be what we are all in for.

Welcher's is still a good gun shop. I have a rifle in my Safe that was sporterized by them in 1950 when I lived across the street. Give them a break. It's an uncertain time for them too.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.