JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just got a call from a local insurance agency and then a call from an internet insurance company, both to quote me insurance on a car I don't own. the thing thats got me creeped out is that they are using my name, address and phone number, and a hotmail account that is no good. So what could someone actually gain from that? I have done the usual, credit gaurd fraud alerts and soc sec. freeze. any other tips?

Trlsmn is right. Your ID has been compromised. Contact DMV and all of the credit reporting agencies to see if there are any erroneous sales or loans that have been taken out or purchases linked to any credit or debit cards you own. It might also be a good idea to cancel any credit or debit cards you currently have. I know it's a hassle, but it might save you some major grief in the long run.

Pay attention to what you get in the mail in the next few months. What you might normally toss in the trash as junkmail may give you a good indication of where your information was compromised. You may even get a bill from someone you have never done business with. If you catch it right away, you can fix the fraud before it ruins your credit (an entirely new pain in the neck).

Last Edited:
yes it sounds like you have a problem a brewing.
It would be nice if the company could have given you the cars info, lic. plate number. then there would be something to go on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top