JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who knows.

One good thing about the deal this morning. I was a bit out of it when I opened the door and I forgot to shut off the alarm. So the dogs where all barking from him knocking, the alarm is going off..... And then this guy opened the door.

Not that I am really that scary of a guy, But I dont exactly look like a girl scout either.

Hopefully that is enough to keep him and his friends from coming back

View attachment 249485

Man's got to go to work, I would have the neighbors keep an eye out until the thieves lose intrest.

I keep trying to get my wife to do that. We had a Comcast guy come one time (verified later by Comcast) that have her the creeps. He kept asking to come in, and it wasn't until my dad who happened to be there at the time came up and challenged him that he left. He was driving an unmarked truck and didn't have a uniform. I told Comcast that my wife almost called the sheriff on him, they said they would look into it, ie nothing will change.

Comcast uses mostly contractors that can be shady. Probably trying to force upgrade you guys then charge you so he can make some extra commision.

So nobody is addressing what Sig did?
When you went out side to confront the visitor,what would have happened if he had others waiting?
Wrong move IMO
Anyway,what area do you live in iron master? Any area of Pierce or King counties have idiot thugs around. I met one guy who lived on south hill that said there was gangs around.I laughed about that at first but the city keeps moving out.

The one time I had someone come to my trailer in Sequim, luckily it was daylight.
I see this guy walk by so I grab the 1911,then put it down since the coat had POLICE on the back,lol
The neighbor lady's daughter had been released from Purdy women's prison a month before and the parole officers were trying to make contact.
My guess is they were from Seattle and thought it was fine to just walk through any yard they wanted.
I told them that wasn't the best idea out here in Clallam county.Folks don't like trespassers.

The other thing is I use a BRIGHT flashlight for these situations.And there are plenty out there for cheap.
Or a very bright spot light shining at the porch into the visitors eyes.Heck worked for gun fighters,lol
But taking the guy's sight away gives you the advantage

And tht fat bubblegum Comcast guy would definitely be wet with something.Water at first then coffee,then, something like juice that would stick with him a while. Maybe tomato juice?
Doesn't have to be violent just a clumsy splash:rolleyes:

Just a point of view, there are not many cops out there and the reason we don't have many cops is most people are not criminals. As the economy gets worse you will find a growing criminal element. Some of us old dinosaurs would like to keep the standards and values that keeps society livable. Looks like that won't happen as change takes place.

Shotgun blast spreader at Scotty's Castle, Death Valley.. for those unwanted knock-knocks.

HqmC0Wy6FwzCfa5kQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

Went to a friend's house in Portland and the older neighborhood looked pretty good. Friend had bars on windows and doors for all the thieves that run the neighborhood. I took a bag of movies to put into the rig but had left the keys in the house. Set the movies down behind the rig and ran into the house to grab my keys. Walked out the door and a woman was looking in the bag.

I wouldn't live in a community that you can't own anything without the constant fear of theft.

Edited to add, here is your future only it will be private homes they hit.

SMOKING GUN – Ohio cops are investigating the ransacking of a Circle K store that was overrun early Saturday morning by up to 70 juveniles.

According to Akron police, the suspects "entered the gas station and started to destroy and steal property" during the so-called mob and rob attack.

As seen above, a couple who stopped at the Circle K for gas shot video of the juveniles fleeing the store with stolen merchandise. A woman in the car called 911 and reported that the suspects were "running around in the parking lot like wild children."

An Akron Police Department report–which classified the incident as vandalism–noted that the juveniles "entered business to destroy property" and that "misc merchandise damaged and stolen."

A store manager estimated that the suspects stole several hundred dollars worth of items. It is unclear how much damage the Circle K suffered during the 10-minute rampage.

Last Edited:
Who knows.

One good thing about the deal this morning. I was a bit out of it when I opened the door and I forgot to shut off the alarm. So the dogs where all barking from him knocking, the alarm is going off..... And then this guy opened the door.

Not that I am really that scary of a guy, But I dont exactly look like a girl scout either.

Hopefully that is enough to keep him and his friends from coming back

View attachment 249485

I should also say this pic is a decade old. I'm probably 30 pounds heavier and have less hair that is a lot more gray.

I should also say this pic is a decade old. I'm probably 30 pounds heavier and have less hair that is a lot more gray.

Well pretty good chance they will take a pass. I am pretty sure at 190 and 6'2" I would be kinda hard to get into a suitcase and looking at your giant arse you are not going to fit either.

Some scary crap no matter your size. I had a couple guys that I hired to remodel my bathroom and about 2 weeks ago they started banging on the door at 6:30am and scared the crap out of me. I opened the door with a 4"sp101 in my hand and not well hidden and they looked like they might have ruined their pants.

I gave them a good tongue lashing about arriving unannounced at someone with kids house at that time of morning and they left and their boss called me to apologize. Any odd time like that I think you should be prepared to have to take someone out. Wife and kids depend on us old ogres.

I think the glimpse of .357 even if I was not brandishing it on purpose would have deterred most criminals. I could be wrong but if the pistol does not scare them the bullets will.

So nobody is addressing what Sig did?
When you went out side to confront the visitor,what would have happened if he had others waiting?
Wrong move IMO

I'd do the same thing again today. The reason I went out and around the back was to see what was going on, on my terms. I'm not real sure what you think I should have done? Open the door? Call the police and hope they get to me on time (if it had been a true home invasion scenario)? Scream for my wife to come save me? Between myself and my fat English lab I think we would have been ok, even if he had a couple friends. Though admittedly you may be reading about the story through court documents and news reports instead of on the forum.

I'd do the same thing again today. The reason I went out and around the back was to see what was going on, on my terms. I'm not real sure what you think I should have done? Open the door? Call the police and hope they get to me on time (if it had been a true home invasion scenario)? Scream for my wife to come save me? Between myself and my fat English lab I think we would have been ok, even if he had a couple friends. Though admittedly you may be reading about the story through court documents and news reports instead of on the forum.

Doing a little recon is always helpful.

I have done the same. Getting the drop and element of surprise is not a bad thing to me. That is why you do not mess with me at my house. I can come at you from ANYWHERE.

I have done that when I lived in an apartment. Guy banging on the door. Me jumping the balcony with my M&P and running to flank him. He was drunk and at the wrong door....So he said.

Why not do that? So you come around to find a group of guys. Would you rather wait until they spread out or get the drop on them right away? Either way it is trouble and at least I might scare them away from my house and family before they realize what is going on. Nobody likes an angry dad and husband rushing them from behind with whatever gun happens to be in the nightstand that night.

All I can say is a group would suck but if you threaten my family you will be dealing with a man on a mission. Good luck with that.

How's this for a twist in the story? Two blocks from my house.

<broken link removed>
"It was the second time in two months that a body has been found in a suitcase in south King County. In the previous incident, a <broken link removed> at a Kent park.

Seo said there doesn't appear to be a connection between the two cases.".

One was probably a Samsonite and the other American Tourister leading to that conclusion? lol

I guess the difference here is if I feel like I need to go out and look I won't take just a handgun. People are a lot less ballsy when you rack that shotgun action to get their atention

"It was the second time in two months that a body has been found in a suitcase in south King County. In the previous incident, a <broken link removed> at a Kent park.

Seo said there doesn't appear to be a connection between the two cases.".

One was probably a Samsonite and the other American Tourister leading to that conclusion? lol

No connection in two people found near one another in suit cases? WTF?!! I would say I may not be a detective but I can connect the dots there.

I guess the difference here is if I feel like I need to go out and look I won't take just a handgun. People are a lot less ballsy when you rack that shotgun action to get their atention

I think if I know they are trouble that is a good call. I guess I am safe on not being seen until after I see who it is. I only worry that rounding to my front yard the retired marine or the retired air force guy next to me will come storming out with guns.

Funny I have never been a member of the military yet the only neighbors I like and vise versa are the older retired military guys. They know I watch for them and they sure as hell watch for me. The paranoid make good neighbors.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top