JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got this guy in my wife's flower garden bed... she tolerates me, the woman is a SAINT, I tell you! :D

image.jpg

If you carry everyday, this is exactly why you shouldn't rush to put your concealed carry handgun in your safe when you walk in the house.
When I walk in the house, my EDC goes in the safe but my full size comes out to go either on my belt or sits next to me. I've answered the dear many times with a pistol in my hand, it doesn't bother me that someone will see it. If they don't know me, they'll recognize that i'm always armed. (sitting here next to me as I type this is my 1911). Plus it helps that my office desk sits in the corner of my living room, next to the window that is looking out int the front yard. I see everyone that passes by the house. All of my outdoor lights have sensors on them.

to the OP, someone already mentioned it but they were checking out your house. that's a common way of doing it. this practice has been pretty widespread in major metropolitan areas. something similar occurred to the house across the street from my parents place in a suburb of Los Angeles. a few weeks later, they broke into the house in broad daylight. there was an elderly lady who lived there. the thieves figured that out so it became a soft target for them. you better believe within a weeks time i had my parents place wired up with cameras, lights, motion sensors, alarms on the doors/windows, etc.

And make sure your door is made of anything other than cardboard (starts at :45)

WOW!!!
watch the entire thing...pay attention at 3:56
someone in the comments section of the video already typed it out...

crazy guy - "HHHHNG you killed me.."
home owner - "What? you where gonna kill me!"
crazy guy - "Yeah you're right i was..."
home owner - "...Well then i did the right thing"
crazy guy - "You did"

I dont answer the door anymore unless someone has called ahead. I did get a nice camera though that does motion tracking video and stills. Here is the comcast guy on his biweekly visit to ignore my "no soliciting sign" ( I edited most of his face out). He usually waves into the camera to try and get me to answer the door.

View attachment 249335

What you need for this guy is a 5-gallon per minute "irrigation" system along the walkway that you can control from your smart phone. It works for stray animals, too! :D

Yeah sounds like he was hoping no one was home. Then smash and grab.

Here in Vancouver one of the cops told my wife that there were people going around claiming to be from a cable company asking people to change over giving them a sweet heart deal, they would get inside and as they are telling the homeowner about the deal they are really just casing your goods then get an idea when your gone and pull up in a moving truck and clean you out.

Glad you and yours are ok. Hope you spooked him enough to never return.

Or he was trying to get the man out of the house for others to come in after he got the man to take him to work. You are being set up monster.?

Who knows.

One good thing about the deal this morning. I was a bit out of it when I opened the door and I forgot to shut off the alarm. So the dogs where all barking from him knocking, the alarm is going off..... And then this guy opened the door.

Not that I am really that scary of a guy, But I dont exactly look like a girl scout either.

Hopefully that is enough to keep him and his friends from coming back

225307_1057364841403_6157260_n.jpg

Last Edited:
Who knows.

One good thing about the deal this morning. I was a bit out of it when I opened the door and I forgot to shut off the alarm. So the dogs where all barking from him knocking, the alarm is going off..... And then this guy opened the door.

Not that I am really that scary of a guy, But I dont exactly look like a girl scout either.

I'm almost afraid to open this thread looking at that photo ;)

I'm not a very threatening guy myself, kind of a big teddy bear, but I've got some size, and, when necessary, can come across as menacing. Not my preference, but happy to do it when it's called for.

I'm surprised your visitor didn't drop a load in the back of his pants when you opened the door :p

Who knows.

View attachment 249485

Whoa, dude.... My condolences. I hope you sued the guy who ran you over with that big arsed ugly-truck!! :D;)

Last week about 12:45 am i'm sitting in the living room watching tv. A light catches my left eye, its across the street in a empty duplex. In the past the wiring has been stolen, people have used it to sleep it. And, to drop off stolen tools. So, i see this light, and movement inside the house. I have a super bright, concentrated light by my side. So i turn off my one light, and watch. There's 3 people in the duplex, I slide my front window open and lay the light on them. They don't even respond, i watch they are looking all over.

I go to the phone, call the cops, report someone in the duplex at XXXX address. Ask if they would send someone up to check them out.The dispatcher say's ''sir is that house off of xxxx & yyyy street? I say yes it is, he says, those are OUR PEOPLE over there. loll. So i go out, and tell the biggest cop in the group. Well i just called the cops on the cops. We had a good talk, about what's been going on around town, etc. He told me they were just checking the place out. Then i see ANOTHER light.

The cop takes off ,around the corner and comes face to face with the guy across the other street from the duplex. He's about 6'5'' 285, and he's got a big doberman with him. I would have liked to seen the look on the cops face when he saw him.:D The neighbor was also checking out the lights in the duplex. loll. Nice to know you have someone else on the street watching, and the cops checking things out as well.

Nice ink IronMonster. Definitely being cased IMHO. I'm 5'7" short and 240 fat but my 45 helps even things out a bit. Hope I never have to do what that guy in the video had to do. Typical too, someone he new personally.

Allways answer the door with a gun in my strong hand holding a newspaper under the thumb so you can't see the gun. It far too easy for someone to get the drop on you and just push their way in. With a gun in your hand hidden with the newspaper you have the drop on them.

Side benefit is if it's just a neighbor or a salesman they never see the gun, down at your side it draws no attention.
I keep trying to get my wife to do that. We had a Comcast guy come one time (verified later by Comcast) that have her the creeps. He kept asking to come in, and it wasn't until my dad who happened to be there at the time came up and challenged him that he left. He was driving an unmarked truck and didn't have a uniform. I told Comcast that my wife almost called the sheriff on him, they said they would look into it, ie nothing will change.

I live about a mile up a steep incline dead end road with a 300+ yard driveway - the odds of someone randomly walking to my front door is pretty slim. In the 5-6 years we have lived here the only unannounced people who have knocked on my door so far have been a meat sales guy with a "great deal" on steaks if you bought x amount of cuts you don't really want, about 3 visits from the JWs spreading the word and trying to give me a copy of the church events calendar, and the neighbor to tell me when they planned to hay our field. Oh - almost forgot - the local fire department comes around once a year to collect any food/donations for a local charity, though they do mail a post card a week in advance letting you know they are coming.
A drastic difference from when I lived in Sacramento where I had 4 sketchy encounters in the middle of the night and one mid day and one event that landed my house on the evening news while we were out to dinner. One of those events was certainly a "case" job about 5 a.m. where a young gal showed up knocking asking for help as she had "escaped" from a "scary" guy. As I was about to leave for work I told her wait there for a minute and I would take her to the police station about a mile away. Oddly enough she vanished from the porch in the 3 minutes it took me to call the cops to let them know what was happening - they asked for her info and she was gone so they asked for a description. They caught her and a guy in a van a few blocks over pulling the same story casing another house. Not nearly as entertaining as the 2 guys looking for "John" at 4 in the morning who were trying to steal a $30 starter out of the old mustang but I doubt they will try midnight salvage again after learning that a screwdriver doesn't intimidate a .45...

Iron - make sure the family is on alert for a while and as said above, a call to the local law enforcement might save someone from a bad day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top