Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

weird experience and I am so proud of the wife

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mark W., May 11, 2015.

1. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Ok background. We have a large carport right outside our bedroom window. And occasionally we have as many as six raccoons fornicating and dancing around on the roof over our bed and on the carports metal roof. ANNOYING to say the least.

Squirt guns Super soakers and Red Ryder BB guns have had no effect.

SO my son answering his mothers crys for help bought her a very expensive CO2 Paint ball pistol. To better convince the Fornicating Racoons to go away.

We go to a place in Salem to buy some Paint pellets. After the guy determines how many we want he fetches them and then looks at my wife and says "Now I just need your information" !!!!!!! I said what information do you need and WHY? do you think you need it. he says "YOUR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER" I said WHY if she was buying .38 specials she wouldn't need to leave any INFO.... and the guy says the owner says we have to get peoples names and info.

I argued with him a bit but I knew the wife was getting a little annoyed so I let it drop. He bring up his computer screen and asks "NAME" She gives him her First name and Maiden name for the last name. Then he says Phone # and she gives him our old land line (not used for almost 10 years)

I was so proud of her she didn't lie and at the same time gave the goober NOTHING. She even waiting in the parking lot until his back was turned (he ran the receipt we didn't pickup out to us) so he couldn't see the plate number as we drove off (he walked straight to the side of the car).

I looked at her and said well we can't go in there again. She laughed and said "no but her first name and maiden name sure can"

LOL

2. Gunwheeler

Gunwheeler Somewhere in De Nile Active Member

Just so you know. A supersoaker works really well when filled with household ammonia:eek:. Just be sure to not be downwind when using it.

BoonDocks36 and coyotecaller like this.
  3. billyinfinity

billyinfinity Portland All pie, all the time. 2015 Volunteer

Not to derail your post Mark, but @Gunwheeler is that your Willy's pickup in your picture?

4. Mark W.

No problem billy as the owner of a 48 CJ2A I like WILLYS

billyinfinity likes this.
  5. Gunwheeler

Yes, It's a 1955, considered a 1 ton (kidney bruiser) with the 226 Super Hurricane. I'm just about ready to go thru it with a new wiring harness and suspension. Going to also refresh a bunch of other items. We also have a 53' Wagon. The Wagon needs paint and we are thinking of doing a reverse of the truck. The wagon has a 4 banger ohv motor. Both have overdrives.

6. Gunwheeler

I actually have an addiction owning 6 jeeps. '48 Cj2a, '52 M-38, '53 Wagon, '55 Truck, '58 wagon, '93 Yj. the '48, '52 an '93 are very capable trail vehicles. The others are Sunday cruisers.

7. billyinfinity

Sweet! I'm working on a '50 truck right now. Just need to finish the new brake lines before it can be back on the road while I get the body and wiring in order. Thinking strongly about a wagon after this is done. Just picked up a new 2015 Jk to replace the kj.

8. billyinfinity

@Gunwheeler are you over on oldwillysforum.com with me and Mark?

9. Gunwheeler

I am now. I'll lurk for awhile to get a feel.

Most of what I follow is the wheeling boards in the PNW.

10. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I fixed up a 55' Willys pickup.
    The original owner kept it in Eastern Oregon on his ranch and when I got a hold of it, there was absolutely no rust and only 45,000 miles on it.
    I dropped in a Chevy 250 straight six motor that was built up and then married to a Ford Bronco top loader 3 speed tranny.
    To make things more fun, I added a Warn all synchronized overdrive with a Hurst speed shifter.
    Installed power brakes and steering, a custom interior with leather bucket seats and painted it British Racing green.
    It made for a cool looking truck that turned heads everywhere I went.
    I'll dig up some pics later. I really miss that truck. It's another one that I should have held onto.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  11. Gunwheeler

What's the Raccoon status?

12. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Josephine County Active Member

Rain bow colored raccoons????

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  13. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Just out of curiosity did you get a variety of colors for different days so you know if you have repeat visitors? LOL

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  14. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Great job for your wife! Obviously a quick thinker! :)

15. Mark W.

Coons are still original colors they show up about 5-6 times a year. Its been a while so the wife wanted to be ready. She has her Hi cap (10 rounds LOL) CO2 powered gun all ready. The mag is on place one round in the chamber all she has to do is tighten the CO2 clamp to open the cylinder and remove the barrel safety plug (actions she has practiced) today she is planning on making a mess out of the wood pile out back.

As to multiple colors they only offer some ugly Aqua Blue. I wanted clear so if we end up in court with a couple embarrassed raccoons and their lawyer theres less chance of evidence showing up in the 8x10 color glossys with the circles and arrows and a description on the back!

Sabertooth, BoonDocks36 and RicInOR like this.
  16. Mark W.

On the Jeep subject I am in the process of rebuilding and upgrading my 48 Willys CJ-2A which my dad bought and fixed up in the early 60's he then drove it to work every day until 1970 when he bought the J3000 Gladiator. In 74 I started driving it until Sept 76 when I went to college and its been sitting ever since. Its in a million pieces in the shop and carport. Engine Clutch assembly Tranny and Transfer cases are all completely rebuilt. I am currently trying to fix a piss poor welding job a friend did on part of my frame. So a bit of a set back.

Here's a photo of the My Hot Rodded 134L (bored .060", Shaved .042")

Spark%20Plug%20Wires%20Web_zps3i25kbbh.jpg

All the aluminum parts are scratch built.

The engine will have a Petronix Electronic trigger on a Vacuum advance Distributor with a MSD 6A spark box Accel super coil. Weber DGV 32/36 progressive 2bbl carb on a scratch built aluminum intake manifold, Fresh air intake, DIY header, Electric fan, electric fuel pump. NOS Cam all interior parts except the rods and crank are new. Hard valve seats. If the numbers work out I should have upped the 60BHP engine to 90BHP and increased the torque between 20 and 25ft lbs.

The Clutch is now a 9.25" which was an option on CJ5/6's in the 60's
    Tranny has all new gears
    Transfer case is like new used gears upgraded to the later 1.25" shaft and 29tooth gear.
    I will be running a 30% ATV over drive.
    Rear axle is being built from a 1970-71 1/2 Dana 44 flanged 30 spline I'll be using an Eaton E-Locker, 5.38 gears.
    11" wagoneer brakes all around
    Saginaw cross over steering on a scratch built mount.
    it will be 12v
    All new Stewart Warner gauges speedo and tach

that's the major parts when its basically done I will build an aluminum hard top for it.

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  17. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

18. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Ammonia in the eyes will cause blindness. Are pepper balls available to us commoners?

19. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

looks like you can order pepeperballs on amazon now but they are pricey - $30 for a tube of 10 shots. Mark - amazon also has clear pepperball training rounds (no pepper) for $14 per 100.

20. Raidingtime

Raidingtime SE Portland Oregon Well-Known Member

A break barrel pellet gun works too but you'll have to clean up bodies...

Paintball gun would probably be more fun though.