JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Of the air rifle flavors tasted, the one I've enjoyed the most and kept around is an older Beeman R7. It was originally built by Weihrauch as their HW30 model. When Beeman imported it he changed the stock design to nicely cover the end of the cocking lever. The overall length of this version is 40.5" [3.5" longer than the current R7 carbine] which makes it a nice little grab-and-go rifle. Velocity with 8 grain pellets is around 700fps which is claimed to be the ideal for maximum accuracy with a waisted pellet. Cocking action is light and smooth, and its firing behavior is mellow enough for small kids to handle. With a bench rest and the original iron sight, the rifle can punch ragged single-hole groups at ten meters. Weihrauch's target aperture is easier on the eye [for me] and extends the useful range out to about 25 yards, but there isn't much kinetic energy at that distance.

Weihrauch <broken link removed>

1010606b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an older Weirauch HW80 Kal 5.5 that I inherited from my grandfather in germany. The trigger needs some work to make it safe (it fires sometimes when you take the safety off). I would also like to find some iron sights like you have you yours, can you direct me to a good air rifle gunsmith and where you bought the sights.

Looks very familiar!

This is my Weirauch HW55 from 1971. Like you said, one ragged hole at 10-25M. Great target and bird gun.

IMG_0274small.jpg

Weirauch HW80.jpg

I have an older HW80 in Kal 5.5 but it fires when I take it off safe about half the time, can you recommend a good air rifle gun smith. I'd also like to find some nice iron sights like you all have.

Weirauch HW80.jpg

That's a nice looking rifle. Your link didn't work - do they still make these? If so, how much?

I recently bought a Benjamin Trail NP and have gotten back into air rifles. They're a lot of fun.

View attachment 42721

I have an older HW80 in Kal 5.5 but it fires when I take it off safe about half the time, can you recommend a good air rifle gun smith. I'd also like to find some nice iron sights like you all have.

That rifle should have the Rekord trigger which is adjustable. You might be able to dial in more sear engagement. If not, then Dave Slade could fix it Airgunwerks

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top