Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Weihrauch R7

Discussion in 'Air Rifle & Pistol Discussion' started by slofyr, May 30, 2011.

1. slofyr

slofyr Seattle Member

Of the air rifle flavors tasted, the one I've enjoyed the most and kept around is an older Beeman R7. It was originally built by Weihrauch as their HW30 model. When Beeman imported it he changed the stock design to nicely cover the end of the cocking lever. The overall length of this version is 40.5" [3.5" longer than the current R7 carbine] which makes it a nice little grab-and-go rifle. Velocity with 8 grain pellets is around 700fps which is claimed to be the ideal for maximum accuracy with a waisted pellet. Cocking action is light and smooth, and its firing behavior is mellow enough for small kids to handle. With a bench rest and the original iron sight, the rifle can punch ragged single-hole groups at ten meters. Weihrauch's target aperture is easier on the eye [for me] and extends the useful range out to about 25 yards, but there isn't much kinetic energy at that distance.

Weihrauch http://tinyurl.com/cphq3o6

1010606b.jpg

1010606b.jpg

lowly monk and (deleted member) like this.
  2. redmond

redmond Redmond, WA Member

Looks very familiar!

This is my Weirauch HW55 from 1971. Like you said, one ragged hole at 10-25M. Great target and bird gun.

IMG_0274small.jpg

3. FlyPhisher

FlyPhisher Clackamas New Member

I have an older Weirauch HW80 Kal 5.5 that I inherited from my grandfather in germany. The trigger needs some work to make it safe (it fires sometimes when you take the safety off). I would also like to find some iron sights like you have you yours, can you direct me to a good air rifle gunsmith and where you bought the sights.

4. FlyPhisher

Weirauch HW80.jpg

I have an older HW80 in Kal 5.5 but it fires when I take it off safe about half the time, can you recommend a good air rifle gun smith. I'd also like to find some nice iron sights like you all have.

Weirauch HW80.jpg

5. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

That's a nice looking rifle. Your link didn't work - do they still make these? If so, how much?

I recently bought a Benjamin Trail NP and have gotten back into air rifles. They're a lot of fun.

6. FlyPhisher

I did a quick web search, seems like a modern version of the HW80 is still available for about $600 new.

7. slofyr

slofyr Seattle Member

8. slofyr

slofyr Seattle Member

That rifle should have the Rekord trigger which is adjustable. You might be able to dial in more sear engagement. If not, then Dave Slade could fix it Airgunwerks

9. airgunner

airgunner Newberg New Member

I had an R7 back in the 80's dropped a lot of blackbirds with it, that thing never missed.