JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Might have been something that got by Nosler at the time,1970s. But there 30 cal. 180 grain partition bullets were as much as 15 + grains out [That was what started me going nuts placing every jacketed and cast pill on a scale] I really wanted them to work in that caliber! Love the concept of the H partition and separate lead hardness. I tested for penetration, remaining bullet condition and spent weight, in sand stone, sand, wood and soil. Also shot a few steel plates of various thickness. Other than disintegration hitting the thicker plate steels, not one was recovered de-jacketed. I spent lots of time shooting them! Someplace around here I think I still have the targets with all the load data and color codes I used at the time, written in place on the paper targets and may still have a partial box and a maybe full box of bullets from that lot#.
I hear you. I just realized that part of the lot of 6mm bullets I bought are some older Nosler partitions. Now I'm skeered and'll probably weigh those.

I hear you. I just realized that part of the lot of 6mm bullets I bought are some older Nosler partitions. Now I'm skeered and'll probably weigh those.

If I get the chance, I will look for those old pills and try to weigh them. I doubt the targets have a date on them but they might. In the end this may end up being be an interesting lead and Alzheimer's test.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top