JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First off, I do not consider myself a "Prepper". I am a country boy who likes to be reasonably prepared. I also enjoy camping and the outdoors, so I am likely better prepared than 90% of the rest of the folks in my tiny town. I have a couple of months worth of food on hand, lots of extras, and plenty of guns and ammo. However, I was looking at stuff and thought I was a bit light in certain things, so on my weekly trip to the big city of 30k people, I made a list of stuff I needed.

Mostly batteries. AAA, AA, and CR 2032. Nearly all of my weapons lights and optics run off of those, and I was down to about half a bulk pack of each, so decided to get more. Also, need hydrogen peroxide and hand soap.

Stopped at an LGS/ hardware store to get some screws for a firearm project and see if they had any ammo or components. Nope. Ammo and bullets shelves were the most bare I've ever seen. No surprise, there...

IMG_20210112_161337643.jpg

IMG_20210112_161350926.jpg

Looked at batteries and they had what I needed, but prices were ridiculous. $20 for a bulk pack of AAAs and $5 each for CR2032. Decided since I was going to Walmart, anyway, might as well stock up there.

Headed to Walmart and found the battery kiosk decimated. No CR2032s available. I grabbed a couple of the last bulk packs of AA and AAA, then went to get the hydrogen peroxide. All gone except two bottles.

Then focused on food stuffs and noticed the bulk water was completely gone. As were canned meats. The shelves were looking bare again, like they were nearly a year ago when people were freaking out.

Seems that elections do indeed have consequences and the actions taken by Big Tech to crack down on speech as rattled folks. I promptly went back to the little store and stocked up on the batteries.

Anyone else noticing the traditional prepper items like water and canned goods disappearing again?

People are preparing for a big wind storm tonight around here.
Supposed to get some wind over here, too. 30 mph sustained winds and 60 mph gusts. When my power goes out, it is usually less than an hour. No big deal. Four hours would not be a big deal, either. 4 days, would be a big deal. I'd have to fire up the generator to get the freezer cold again and recharge items.

Is that walmart just over the border in no sales tax oregon? just curious. if so, that little town of 30,000 has the draw of a junebug in a duck coop.

Thanks for the report. Here's a heads up. Except in my computer mouse, I don't use alkaleaks at all. Panasonic Eneloops. You can get hundreds of charges off of them, and if you have a solar panel and a charger that uses USB you can charge them via the sun. Best of all, they don't leak after extended storage. Ensuring that your walkie talkies are not fried by a bad battery when you need them most. Anything under $3 each is considered a good price. A solid alternative is the Ikea Ladda rechargeable batterys.

I only bought paper towels one package of Chinet paper plates. I did buy a 4lb box of Bob's Steel cut oats and there are 2 two lbs packages in the box. I also bought batteries on my previous trip. I bought a battery storage case that has a volt meter included so I tested the batteries before putting in the battery case.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top