JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Weekend events launch dueling initiatives election countdown

With mail-in ballots showing up in Washington mailboxes today, the weekend will see lots of activity in the battle between two initiatives, I-591 and I-594, with the first event on television tonight at 7:30 p.m. on KBTC being a debate on the measures.

<broken link removed>

Dave,
This may give you some material for your next article...

I was chatting with the neighor's teenager about I-594 and the "unintended consequences" of law. Specifically, that I-594 would make it a gross misdemeanor for me to loan a gun to him and then a felony when he returned the gun.

He asked, "What if I don't give it back?"

I don't know what you're so upset about. Burris and Shave did a 1st class job.
I concur I thought he was spot on. Also the beginning leading up to the debate actually did a pretty good job making I 594 look kinda bad which I thought was a nice change.

The only thing I remember that could have possible gone slightly better is when that tool from Tacoma was talking about the people "stopped" by background checks. I though for sure Phil would jump on that but unfortunately the host shifted gears and asked the other guy on our side a question so Phil didn't have an opportunity to counter. I thought the other side did a good job of making themselves look bad. My wife was like, "listen to those guys, they are either lying or don't know what they are talking about with all their uh's and uhms, the anti 594 guys are all over their facts and well spoken". They even admitted at 2 points that there were scenarios where background checks would not stop criminals, stolen guns and straw purchases.

For anyone that missed it here is the link
http://video.kbtc.org/video/2365342026/

Share that sucker I think it is very good for us.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top