Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Weekend heats the dueling initiatives battle

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

pokerace and Monica Cowles like this.
  2. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Dave,
    This may give you some material for your next article...

I was chatting with the neighor's teenager about I-594 and the "unintended consequences" of law. Specifically, that I-594 would make it a gross misdemeanor for me to loan a gun to him and then a felony when he returned the gun.

He asked, "What if I don't give it back?"

3. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Dish channel 28. Don't throw your remote at the LCD screen, they are not built to withstand it.

Don't ask.

4. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I don't know what you're so upset about. Burris and Shave did a 1st class job.

5. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

I concur I thought he was spot on. Also the beginning leading up to the debate actually did a pretty good job making I 594 look kinda bad which I thought was a nice change.

The only thing I remember that could have possible gone slightly better is when that tool from Tacoma was talking about the people "stopped" by background checks. I though for sure Phil would jump on that but unfortunately the host shifted gears and asked the other guy on our side a question so Phil didn't have an opportunity to counter. I thought the other side did a good job of making themselves look bad. My wife was like, "listen to those guys, they are either lying or don't know what they are talking about with all their uh's and uhms, the anti 594 guys are all over their facts and well spoken". They even admitted at 2 points that there were scenarios where background checks would not stop criminals, stolen guns and straw purchases.

For anyone that missed it here is the link
    http://video.kbtc.org/video/2365342026/

Share that sucker I think it is very good for us.