Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Weekend Alcohol, Firearm Ban !

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Chee-to, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Residents Fumed Over Weekend Alcohol, Firearm Ban

http://www.wxii12.com/news/22487153/detail.html

King State Of Emergency Lifted Monday

KING, N.C. -- Residents in King were fumed over the weekend after a state of emergency declaration restricted the sale of alcohol and the carrying of firearms in vehicles.

King Police Chief Paula May said she’s received hundreds of threats related to the restrictions, which banned driving from 12 a.m. Sunday to 5 a.m.

The state of emergency for King was declared by members of the City Council after Stokes County authorities also declared a state of emergency.

Under North Carolina law, May said, when a state of emergency is put into place that includes a ban on driving, the sale of alcohol and carrying of firearms in vehicles is also banned.

The news of the ban created a firestorm of criticism.

“This is absolutely the craziest thing I have ever heard. So far fetched that I am speechless!” one post on WXII12.com read.

“This has to be the most ridiculous event of the century!!!!! This is the ultimate denial of liberties for the most asinine reason...bad weather!!!” another poster wrote.

May -- who wouldn’t give details on the types of threats other than to say they had been phoned, faxed and e-mailed – said officers did pull people over who were in violation of the curfew driving ban, but no tickets were issued.

The state of emergency was lifted Monday morning.

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

That is just insane and completely idiotic.

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Any idea what the emergency was?

4. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Snow !

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

It's snowing. Time to get liquored up and shoot sumthin'. :drunk::gun10:

6. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

7. Trlsmn

Wow! "it's snowing must confiscate the guns!"

8. Cougfan2

Amazing. When I lived in Minneapolis 12" of snow didn't even slow traffic down, but then again they had the plows to deal with it. God help you if your car broke down on the shoulder though. The plows would just manuever around the cars and bury them. :laugh:

9. Iansstud

Iansstud SW WA / PDX Member

Hey!!! snowmen have rights too!!! and they dont want people drinking and driving with guns!!!

10. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

Can you imagine what they'd try in a REAL emergency?

11. Bhowe

Bhowe Seattle Member

Good luck trying to protect yourself and your family during a natural disaster or worse. Its pretty obvious some people with even a little bit of power will look for any reason to take away your rights.

Can't even go to the liquer store to get something to warm yourselves up with?!?

Why are non of these people ever held responsible? All you can do is not vote for her next time and hope their is not enough idiots that do.

12. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

Practice for disarming the public if you ask me. Big bad plans in the works so be prepared.

13. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Why would you even need a gun in a situation like that? I mean, since there is already a curfew, no one would be out looting or robbing. Problem solved!

I wonder what the response time of the police are when there is 30" of snow on the roads...

14. Trlsmn

:bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh:

2" of snow in Portland and you would think the world was ending if you listened to the local news!:p

15. Cougfan2

One winter in Minneapolis I saw a guy standing by the shoulder on I-5 South with a little army shovel staring at the side view mirror of his truck sticking out of a snow bank. And that was ALL you could see of the truck!

16. thelendog

thelendog Milwaukie Member

If nobody can drive, how would anybody carry firearms in vehicles? :rollingeyes:

17. slideglider

slideglider PDX Member

Combine this news with S.Carolina's new state law and you see where they are testing things out. Will it start in the south? Watch out for the Olympics soon. We could become a bad area.

http://www.infowars.com/think-government-is-corrupt-you-may-face-10-years-in-jail/

The state’s “Subversive Activities Registration Act” is now officially on the books and mandates that “Every member of a subversive organization, or an organization subject to foreign control, every foreign agent and every person who advocates, teaches, advises or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States … shall register with the Secretary of State.”

18. Arkarayne

Arkarayne Medford, OR Member

... *Raises hand* "Teacher, that doesn't even make half a poo of sense..."
    Number one: How?
    Number two: that's a rather broad description of people..

19. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

:bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh::laugh:

That is stupid.

20. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I guess that would mean ALL registered voters need to register with the SOS. :rolleyes: