JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse on Lancaster in Salem to pick up some One Shot. As usual I cruised by the .22 cal shelves. The shelves are full, but only 6 boxes of one of the CCI products--no MiniMags.

After poking around the gun counter I retraced my steps past the .22 cal shelf and noticed that I had been standing right next to a pallet with CCI products including something like 45 (now 43) boxes of MiniMags! They are going for $9.99 / box which is up to $6 less than other stores around here. Looks like time to check the local Bi-Mart.

And the powder shelves are full with 1 and 4 or 8 pound bottles of everything in which I might be interested. The Winchester primers are fully stocked as well at a little over $32 for 1000 WSP.

The downside is that I am old enough to remember trying to decide whether $4.79 for a box of MiniMags and $75 for 5000 WSP was worth while.

Last Edited:
Even up here , I have seen an increase in the amount of .22's and powder on the store shelves.
End caps filled with ,22 ammo and no limits on boxes or bricks.
Mini-Mags here are also going for $9.99 for a box of 100
Its nice to see ammo and powder back on the shelf...:)
Andy

I'm still waiting for Federal small pistol primers. I've only gotten into reloading since after this latest ammo crunch and so have never seen Fed SP primers in the wild...ever. I will consider us out of the dark ages again when we can get those most endangered of species.

yep salem sportsmans has been hoppin' lately. i wish they had a better variety of bulk handgun projectiles. for a while the berrys .223 500ct. was mis labeled, it was marked 59.99 but rang up for 39.99. i swear i was the only one who bought them. theyre now labeled 42.99ish. same with speer .308 cal 125gr TNT. labeled 27.99 rings up at 21.99

It sure is nice to see the shelves stocked once in a while now.

I'll be glad when prices come down to more reasonable levels. Gouger prices seem to be gone but every time I see .22 ammo it's always "high retail". Ten bucks for a box of a hundred mini-mags still seems outrageous to me, and I just can't bring myself to pay $30 for a brick of Blazer or Thunderbolt.

We won't see reasonable prices until the shelves stay stocked, and that doesn't seem to be close yet. I still see shelves bare more often than stocked.

I think there are still millions of us wanting to stock up, just waiting for prices and availability to improve, so demand will stay high as things slowly get better.

I stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse on Lancaster in Salem to pick up some One Shot. As usual I cruised by the .22 cal shelves. The shelves are full, but only 6 boxes of one of the CCI products--no MiniMags.

After poking around the gun counter I retraced my steps past the .22 cal shelf and noticed that I had been standing right next to a pallet with CCI products including something like 45 (now 43) boxes of MiniMags! They are going for $9.99 / box which is up to $6 less than other stores around here. Looks like time to check the local Bi-Mart.

And the powder shelves are full with 1 and 4 or 8 pound bottles of everything in which I might be interested. The Winchester primers are fully stocked as well at a little over $32 for 1000 WSP.

The downside is that I am old enough to remember trying to decide whether $4.79 for a box of MiniMags and $75 for 5000 WSP was worth while.

Cabela's in Tualatin had a nice selection of .22 as of last week - nearly full shelves, with a nice variety. They had mini mags, plenty in stock - I believe they were $7.99 IIRC

Cabela's in Tualatin had a nice selection of .22 as of last week - nearly full shelves, with a nice variety. They had mini mags, plenty in stock - I believe they were $7.99 IIRC

I usually avoid Cabela's as there is little there that I can afford, but they seem to be the only local source of PPU .30-06, including some 150 g FMJ made for the M1 Garand so I may just need to do some shopping there.

Cabela's isn't bad on some things, especially with a sale. I've gotten some good deals on primers and powder there on sale, cheaper than I could find elsewhere.

I usually avoid Cabela's as there is little there that I can afford, but they seem to be the only local source of PPU .30-06, including some 150 g FMJ made for the M1 Garand so I may just need to do some shopping there.

I've seen cheaper prices on ammo, but not always in stock. They aren't the worst either. It's just nice to be able to walk in and actually find what you're looking for. Heck, it's worth the trip in even if you don't find anything you can still get a bag of hot nuts :rolleyes:

Cabela's in Springfield has a lot of 22 ammo everytime I go in now. Decent prices for the bulk plinking stuff, comparable to online stores, but no shipping charges or wait time. Bi mart and even the Walmart on w, 11th in Eugene has .22 on the shelf constantly now. Federal automatch 325 boxes were $17.48 last night.

I agree that Cabela's prices aren't horrible for a few boxes of ammo, here or there, and their powder/primer/bullets pricing is actually pretty good.

A few weeks ago I dropped into Bass Pro Shop in Tacoma, though, and their prices come with K-Y lube! :eek::eek::eek:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews