JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All you "straw purchase" folks need to settle down. It is not a straw purchase when you buy a gun to give as a gift if the recipient is legal to own a firearm. It's a straw purchase when you buy a gun for a person not legally able to purchase their own.

Keeping in mind that a former Marine is probably pretty sensitive about guns made in the USA, I have an idea or two.
You should buy two of "whatever". His and hers makes sense to me. Buying one, especially a gun, would likely be taken as "his", and she gets no gift.
You couldn't buy two Ruger SR1911s within your budget. Although If you could pony up a few hundred more, you could. (great guns by the way. I gave mine to my wife and she loves it)
You could buy 2 Henry 22 rifles, but right now doesn't seem to be the time to buy .22 ammo. I like this idea best, so I'd try to find ammo first and then go gun shopping. If you can find it, you can add a bunch of ammo to this present before you hit the $1000 mark. I bought a Henry 22 for my Mom's 72nd birthday because she had never, ever shot a gun. It was a hit with her.
If you looked around a bit, you could buy two shotguns. If you do that, consider buying a 12 gauge for him and a 20 gauge for her. Be realistic. Most ladies won't like the recoil of a 12 gauge. If she's experienced, then buy 2 12s and let them fight over them.:s0114:
However, if she's not into guns, maybe you should look at non gun ideas so it's a shared gift. I'd like to think a Marine would only marry a girl that's comfortable with guns, but if she's not, anything gun related would not be the best way to start off. But an extra thousand to spend on the Honeymoon will never be forgotten by either of them.
Good luck with your decision.

A buddy of mine is very pragmatic, instead of sending a birthday card or some such, he places $3-5 in an envelope with a yellow sticky that has a hand written note.

You could take it a bit more further and get all $5 or $10 bills and put them in a brown paper bag with a hand written note inside. How often do you get the chance to have a sack of money. Plus, they'll remember it long after they've thrown away the third crock pot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top