JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey,

Best friend is getting married in May... He and another friend paid for my honeymoon. Plus he is a former Marine. So there is no question that I'm doing something nice for him.

I've teamed up with another friend to go half on a gift. $1,000 budget.

Ideas:
1. Nice 1911 for him (not sure of brand.. needs to be American made.)
2. Matching Henry .22 rilfes for him and her.
3. Same caliber Rilfe and handgun combo... (.44 mag or 357)

Is this even doable?

Your help would be great. Thanks.

Great friend! It really depends on the kind of 1911 that he wants... GI, Go Colt; upgraded, a Ruger SR1911 is hard to beat, best semi custom, Dan Wesson Valor, but that's a little above your price range.

The Ruger was $680 at NW Armory
The Valor is closer to $1400, I think, Buds shows it at $1500, but you can usually find it a little cheaper at Keith's or NW Armory.

#1 very possible, Ruger might be a good choice.
#2 very possible again, matching Henry golden boys.
#3 possible, maybe not american made. Rossi lever and Ruger, S&W,.. handgun. might find a great deal on a Winchester lever action. as for bolt action rifle, going to be a little more difficult to find the combo for the price point.
#4 THANK YOU AND YOUR FELLOW MARINES FOR YOU SERVICE AND DEDICATION TO THE COUNTRY!!!!!!!

My Commander SR1911 has a tighter fit than my Colt Series 80. The trigger was better on the Colt, and little lighter, but the Ruger was hands down more accurate.

A classic set of dueling pistols. For settling arguments. :)

21FrenchLeFaucheuxTargetDuelingPistols1850.jpg

Awesome to hear that you guys are great friends and are willing to do stuff like that for each other.

I know this might put a kabash on your gift idea, but you may want to be careful about the "straw deal" issue.

Awesome idea. A great gesture. I would only suggest, for your own sake, be careful how you proceed.

I just stopped in at The Gun Broker on my lunch. I told the guy some of the ideas. He offered a few of his own.

Remington R1 1911 for him
Remington R51 (9mm) for her
Or
Ruger SR1911 for him
Ruger LC-9 or SR22 for her.

Not a bad idea right? Keeps us under budget and leaves some money for ammo, holsters or something.

"straw deal"

If it comes down to it. We'll take him to the store and let fill the paper work out. Just give him the money.

Thanks for the heads up tho. Never heard of that before.

Definitely matching pistols.

Or do as a buddy of mine did. He named his son Henry. Called into Henry arms and got his son a 22 with a personalized serial for his birthdate.

An inexpensive route would be get matching AR lowers with custom serials. You may have to call around, I know there's some manufacturers out there that do custom serials.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top