JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is anyone else having trouble getting northwestfirearms.com to load? I starting having trouble yesterday...

Right now I\\\'m using a proxy server to post this. I normally use Clear on my laptop at work.
I am able to get here using my work internet connection though, so I wonder if Clear is the issue - Is there anyone else here using Clear?

Could the website server be blocking my IP for some reason? And if so would it tell me or just refuse to load?

I have Comcast at home, so I\\\'ll try that when I get home from work - will also try my home desktop computer to try and narrow down the connectivity problem.

Thanks

Since the website changed servers, it looks like the IP address changed as well, so it might take up to a week for the IP change to propagate to all the DNS servers world wide...
I changed my computer to manually use Open DNS's servers and now it works fine...

If you go to OpenDNS | Internet Navigation And Security they should have instructions on how to change over if you want to go that route.

for advanced users that know how to do this, the server IP's are:

Since the website changed servers, it looks like the IP address changed as well, so it might take up to a week for the IP change to propagate to all the DNS servers world wide...
I changed my computer to manually use Open DNS's servers and now it works fine...

If you go to OpenDNS | Internet Navigation And Security they should have instructions on how to change over if you want to go that route.

for advanced users that know how to do this, the server IP's are:

While this comment is unrelated to the outages here.
Thanks COmmandoJoe for that link. I tossed it up on my router to use their DNS.

Doesn't seem to be real consistant with logging on. Yesterday was a no-go all morning and spotty in the afternoon. Today it's failed a couple times.
Some guys havent been able to log in for 2 days. You wouldn't think you would have to get into your settings to make it to a website. Sure hope the probs go away.

Doesn't seem to be real consistant with logging on. Yesterday was a no-go all morning and spotty in the afternoon. Today it's failed a couple times.
Some guys havent been able to log in for 2 days. You wouldn't think you would have to get into your settings to make it to a website. Sure hope the probs go away.

Normally you shouldn't have to, but with the change in server IP, some DNS servers that haven't been updated can't correlate www.northwestfirearms.com to the actual IP address - they are all still pointing to the old address which is no good anymore... Changes like this should normally take a week or less to get it all worked out.

The webmaster might want to consider sending out an e-mail to everyone letting them know what is going on and how to get here in the short term.

I could not get on yesterday evening. Tried everything I could on my end, then had someone else email me something with a link and that worked fine. My guess it was some problem with the server.:confused:

I'm having all sorts of problems also, yesterday I could not get on at all, earlier today I did a system restore on my puter and was able to get on. This evening my initial attempt at getting on failed, tried again and here I am. Is it our new server or or or or ? Has anyone talked to Joey about this problem ???????

In short this totally sucks!!!! Iphone won't connect consistently and home won't and work computer won't!!! I am going to have to start stealing Wally's internet so I can connect!!!

NWFA's is forcing me to STEAL!

Steven

Sorry about this guys, these DNS errors caught us by surprise. We've done everything we can, we just have to wait at this point and let the new IP addresses trickle through the internet. One thing that may or may not help is to do an IP flush. For windows users, do the following:

1. Go to the Accessories section of your start menu.
2. Click "Command Prompt".
3. Type "ipconfig /flushdns".

Let me know if that helps anyone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads