JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, was watching Top Shot, and they had the Webley Mk IV.

I like the break action pistols, does anyone know if someone makes something similar to this one? I've seen different ones, but does anyone make a function replica of this one?

M

I bought this one here on the forum a while back. I have a buddy lightly load some lead wadcutter rounds for the .45 ACP conversion this one had done. It will fire full power .45 ACP but it is not recommended as the original .455 caliber was not as powerful as .45 ACP. Even with regular .45 ACP loads, the recoil is very soft which is surprising because the Webley is not a heavy revolver. One thing about the Top Shot episode that I thought was funny is that the trigger pull is horrendous. I let a buddy shoot mine and at first he thought it was broken because the resistance is really stiff. Its a fun gun to shoot but loading and unloading the half or full moon clips are a pain and slows down plinking. I will probably get some .45 Auto Rim casings and have my buddy load those up next time around.

IMG_0869.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can make .38 S + W from .38 Special brass with a die and hacksaw but you had better verify that with a complete research/web search before you EVEN attempt it.. the Special may be thicker brass or something and require lower charges than standard 38 S & W loads

There are a few cases where the Webley got farmed out to other countries for manufacture (Spain comes to mind). If you shop around, some of these off models go a bit cheaper than others, so you can pick up a reasonable shooter with some patience.

Starline has been a godsend for people like me who like oddball calibers. I just got a box of 41 long colt. Hard to believe. Also, some of the cowboy action brands like "Ultramax" make light loads in Starline brass for odd calibers. Spendy, but available. Surf Midway.com for it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top