JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I read an article recently in a magazine on the WEATHERBY PA-459 and it seems like a pretty decent shotgun, I've heard verying opinions on Weatherby products. Anyone familiar with this one or have an opinion on Weatherby products ? I've got my eye on this model (found one at a local store) and am ready to pull the trigger on it. The price is decent @ $329 and it seems to fit me real good, I like the way it feels and looks, good sights and a rail for light mount. Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks .........

I read an article recently in a magazine on the WEATHERBY PA-459 and it seems like a pretty decent shotgun, I've heard verying opinions on Weatherby products. Anyone familiar with this one or have an opinion on Weatherby products ? I've got my eye on this model (found one at a local store) and am ready to pull the trigger on it. The price is decent @ $329 and it seems to fit me real good, I like the way it feels and looks, good sights and a rail for light mount. Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks .........

I don't care what name is on a shotgun,a $300 shotgun is a CHEAPO shotgun.

Remember how this works.
Someone builds a very nice gun. Someone else builds a cheaper version.
Or there is another manufacturer's gun made on the same assembly line.
You can change the scenario however you want

Doesn't mean the guns are the same. Different components are used as the different brands come down the line.Or different models

Just because is is called a Weatherby,doesn't mean it wasn't made from inferior parts

The high end weatherbys are very good shotguns.But they are around the $1200 mark
I'm guessing this is a double gun. Over under.

A decent O/U is around $1500. A nice one would bring $2000.
Good at $2500...... and it goes on.
A Great semi auto can be had at under $2000,with the "best" (SBE2) at $1600

So at $300 i wouldn't expect the shot gun to fire every time or work perfectly.

I don't care what name is on a shotgun,a $300 shotgun is a CHEAPO shotgun.

Remember how this works.
Someone builds a very nice gun. Someone else builds a cheaper version.
Or there is another manufacturer's gun made on the same assembly line.
You can change the scenario however you want

Doesn't mean the guns are the same. Different components are used as the different brands come down the line.Or different models

Just because is is called a Weatherby,doesn't mean it wasn't made from inferior parts

The high end weatherbys are very good shotguns.But they are around the $1200 mark
I'm guessing this is a double gun. Over under.

A decent O/U is around $1500. A nice one would bring $2000.
Good at $2500...... and it goes on.
A Great semi auto can be had at under $2000,with the "best" (SBE2) at $1600

So at $300 i wouldn't expect the shot gun to fire every time or work perfectly.

What are you talking about????? This is a pump shotgun- a cursory internet search would have saved you the time of writing out that post. Last time I checked a 330 dollar pump gun was just fine (mossberg 500 or REM 870 etc etc). I have seen nothing but positive reviews on the PA-459 and the new SA-459 looks interesting (semi-auto).

What are you talking about????? This is a pump shotgun- a cursory internet search would have saved you the time of writing out that post. Last time I checked a 330 dollar pump gun was just fine (mossberg 500 or REM 870 etc etc). I have seen nothing but positive reviews on the PA-459 and the new SA-459 looks interesting (semi-auto).

Good for you.I don't need to do any search as I have owned some $300 shotguns and they were cheapo shotguns.
Wasn't this an old thread?

Buying any gun because it is cheap is just silly.
You are buying a cheap gun,that's all. Don't pay much,don't expect much.
Get a jewel? God for you

Personally,I don't like to go hunting and find my shotgun will only cycle some shells.
I want to know the gun will cycle anything I load into it.
I don't buy cheap guns.I investigate what I am buying before I spend money on a gun.
Nothing worse than taking a POS hunting and then having problems with it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top