JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
how were the roads up there?

I don't go up to the main site; I usually stop at the first spot that's less than a mile from 26. And it was snowy enough there for me! But I've driven in snow my whole adult life, so it was just a matter of negotiating the steep parts.

I drive a VW Rabbit with pretty ordinary tires. If it was any deeper I wouldn't have attempted it.

I don't go up to the main site; I usually stop at the first spot that's less than a mile from 26. And it was snowy enough there for me! But I've driven in snow my whole adult life, so it was just a matter of negotiating the steep parts.

I drive a VW Rabbit with pretty ordinary tires. If it was any deeper I wouldn't have attempted it.

Thanks for the info!

Tried Salmonberry Rd myself a couple of days ago. Went to the second spot (first was one was occupied). Was pretty doable in my Subaru, but definitely enough snow and ice up there to let you feel the difference. Personally wouldn't wanna do it in something like a Honda Civic but even then, it seemed like it would have been pretty easy to get un-stuck, assuming one can handle the slopes and curves. On a side note, some jerks appear to have left a shot-up computer there.

Sadly, there is one other safety factor you really have to weigh if your vehicle leaves you in the woods near Salmonberry, Browns Camp, etc., (any time of the year in any weather). I've seen far too many cars/trucks parked on dozens of dirt roads with shattered windows. I have to assume that anything of value disappeared along with the oxygen bandit tweakers who broke the glass.

If you're alone, it's too late to decide who walks to the highway and who stays back to keep watch over a half dozen rifles and shotguns and all the pistols. AND all those heavy cans of bargain ammo.

Funny, just an hour ago you felt a little smug for leaving half the arsenal at home so you wouldn't dirty up everything you own today. DOH!!!

If you really must drive a heavy, bad handling, 2WD delivery van with street tires several miles into the woods on a snow/ice covered dirt road where it turns pitch dark at 4pm, take a friend and tell someone else where you're going. iPhones trying in vain to navigate or communitcate are d*mn deceiving out where a 3G signal fades to banjos.

da da DA da DA da...
Good advise, but I've observed that we as a species seldom pay attention to it.
as for weather conditions, I've found tripcheck.com to be another useful source.

Sadly, there is one other safety factor you really have to weigh if your vehicle leaves you in the woods near Salmonberry, Browns Camp, etc., (any time of the year in any weather). I've seen far too many cars/trucks parked on dozens of dirt roads with shattered windows. I have to assume that anything of value disappeared along with the oxygen bandit tweakers who broke the glass.

If you're alone, it's too late to decide who walks to the highway and who stays back to keep watch over a half dozen rifles and shotguns and all the pistols. AND all those heavy cans of bargain ammo.

Funny, just an hour ago you felt a little smug for leaving half the arsenal at home so you wouldn't dirty up everything you own today. DOH!!!

If you really must drive a heavy, bad handling, 2WD delivery van with street tires several miles into the woods on a snow/ice covered dirt road where it turns pitch dark at 4pm, take a friend and tell someone else where you're going. iPhones trying in vain to navigate or communitcate are d*mn deceiving out where a 3G signal fades to banjos.

This is true and sad:( I feel as a society why do we need to bash up other peoples property. I have seen it first hand when out on a trail and it is just plain stupid. I do not know if I could leave a rig after seeing things I have seen:s0131:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top