Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

wear gloves when cleaning up trash! (graphic image?)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by bellarum, Aug 25, 2013.

1. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Normally I get away with picking up trash with work gloves and hitting the purell. Today I got a nasty cut because I didn't think ahead.
    I was picking up a second bag of everyone else's trash when I got cut. I was 100yrds from my first aid kit. I had a band aid in my wallet. While getting my first aid kit out of my gear box I came across the work gloves I keep in a zip lock bag just for picking up trash. Nice! At least they didn't get blood on them:) Do yourself a favor and don't get in too big of a hurry that you don't protect yourself before doing the right thing by picking up someone else's trash! I cleaned my cut up properly when I got home. No ones fault but my own.

cut.jpg

2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

100 yards really isnt that far.
    By the time you got into your wallet and got the bandaid out, you could have been at your first aid kit

gunfreak and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

I always carry band aids in my billfold . . . I'm at the age that 100yards may as well be a mile, maybe more!

Sheldon

4. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I try to keep as little as possible in my wallet.
    I've always had a fear of ending up with a Costanza wallet.

George-Costanza-s-Notorious-Wallet-Advertises-Google-Wallet-Video-2.jpg

5. bellarum

Yeah 100 yrds is always what it is. I just taped up and finished what I was doing. There was no screaming and running. Try not to miss the point:thumbup:.

6. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

I was all ready to see the gaping wound...but no, all covered up..:huh:

7. bellarum

Looked way worse than it is. Only about a half inch long! When I realized I got cut I stopped to take a picture, knowing I was going to start a thread here to remind everyone that it can happen to you too, and taped it off. I love the "Costanza wallet" pic response on here! (where does that even come from:paranoid:?) I spent all of my $ on Diesel and ammo so I had plenty of room for my one band aid in my wallet:)