JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can say whatever I want, or say nothing at all
Because.....
pir1_600x.gif

I bought a Ring Security Camera to watch our driveway. The walkway to front porch splits off from the driveway.
Around here they r even using stolen tow trucks to lift the car to cut the cat conv. So much for the new law that is supposed to reduce this. When will these politicians understand that passing laws with no enforcement does nothing? Here are 2 from last night. The guy tried to remove the keys from tow truck to stop them but he said ignition was broken/no keys.

Kind of makes me wonder what the legal ramifications of a couple shotgun blasts into the radiator of the tow truck would be. Also I remember one guy in park rose neighborhood a few months back held cat con thieves with a 22 rifle until cops came. The car owner was not charged with anything. I know an official "citizens arrest" can be very problematic legally but what about holding the perps at gunpoint until cops arrive?
4A771A8B-F352-4091-9033-D09BC6003DFE.jpeg
31309210-8DBF-44FE-8E29-C0457082193F.jpeg

Last Edited:
Would it be legal to slash the front tires of the tow truck? Pull the valve stems with a pair of channel locks? Or gut them if you have the stem tool.
Great idea. Slashing tires would gain zero legal attention imo and all tires (except inside ones on duallies) could be done in seconds with a spear tip blade. Gonna have to start carrying my automatic 4" spear tip knife... It wouldn't be as much disincentive or satisfying as blasting their rig but would be totally benign legally imo. Just got to be prepared for the perps response (which a person needs to do in any confrontation anyway). Plus If the cops impounded the tow truck and original owners got it back they would probably prefer replacing tires instead of engine parts.

Maybe stream type pepper spray on perps plus slash tires of their rig? That would make it easier for cops to get them because it's likely going to take a long time for cops to come. Also would put u at an advantage if they were to pull a gun later. Just thinking out loud.

I always have to remind myself to think about levels of escalation and de-escalation. We had a scummy mini-van with no cat pull in at 3 am accross street about a month ago. Guy got out and returned with heavy backpack multiple times. Was totally shady but I didn't witness any crime. So I shined bright flashlight on them from 3rd story window in a blatantly in ur face way. They left immediately. So there are low risk ways to solve the problem for sure, also including just ur voice and even ur body language in some situations.

These sorts of people need to get shot once or twice to impress upon them the fact that what they're doing is patently illegal...
I am assuming the house or condo the occupants were not home. The ring doorbell camera is OK but if they own the home you can replace the porch light with a security camera.

Get permission from the landlord if OK replace the porch light. Save the existing light if you move to another place so you can put the old light back up.

Ring also makes wiring harnesses will so can mount the light without a wall outlet since has a plug instead just need plug in out to and A/C outlet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top