JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry a Springfield 911 380 in my gym shorts around the house, two spare magazines, The wife squirrels guns throughout the house

Out of the house I carry 40 or sometimes 45.

Wearing a gun on your person at home could potentially subject you to arrest for violation of safe storage laws. Sadly, there are people in power who probably believe this.

I carry a Springfield 911 380 in my gym shorts
S03E02-qjKZVaR1-subtitled.jpg

Wearing a gun on your person at home could potentially subject you to arrest for violation of safe storage laws. Sadly, there are people in power who probably believe this.
Well, not in WA. And not at this time, at least. I know what you're saying about TPTB making crazy laws and then enforcing them on law-abiding citizens, but as the WA State law currently exists, having a firearm on your person counts as having it "under the control of the owner" of that firearm, so that, in and of itself, at least by today's standards, is considered to be "safe storage."

Last Edited:
To me carrying at home is just a continuation of the day until I unstrap at bedtime and place it on the side table next to bed. I believe carry becomes second nature and more comfortable the more you do it. 95% of the people I interact with on a day to day basis have no clue I am packing. The rest are close friends and family and many of them are also packing. I am pretty rural away from most of the crime ridden areas but I am not naive enough to say it can't happen in my hood.

I figure if I ever need to do some behavior modification, I will probably already be near the action. Only makes sense for my little friend be there for the fun, too.

Otherwise, my daughter will just inherit a well maintained firearm.

We live out of town along a very busy road. My first defense is the security cams and motion lights. The huskie uses the security cams every time he hears a noise outside. Or if I ask him "Who's here?" He runs over and looks at the camera screen and barks if somebody is outside. Of course those cams came AFTER we had a guy try to get in our back door and also try and take a fireman's axe to the shop door. Luckily the youngest was home alone (scary) and got a picture of the car and license plate. I was home from work in less then 5minutes from the time our boy called me, the wife pulled in about two minutes ahead of me and almost hit the guy running to the getaway car. Second defense is my EDC is always on me if I'm awake and closer then my alarm clock when I'm not.

There was two guys trying to steal a catalytic converter from a Toyota Prius. One guy had a gun pointed at the front door of the home.

View attachment 1110389
This is more and more common now. Have heard about several instances in Pdx on nextdoor app where cat conv thieves pulled a gun on someone trying to stop them.

Also this example from Seattle where they shot at the persons trying to intervene.

They know there are no consequences so just like a kid testing their boundaries they will get bolder and bolder. Like this cat conv thief who was arrested 6 more times while waiting for his court date:

68435ECF-77B4-4966-97AD-4D9C347ABE01.jpeg

This is more and more common now. Have heard about several instances in Pdx on nextdoor app where cat conv thieves pulled a gun on someone trying to stop them.

Also this example from Seattle where they shot at the persons trying to intervene.

They know there are no consequences so just like a kid testing their boundaries they will get bolder and bolder. Like this cat conv thief who was arrested 6 more times while waiting for his court date:

View attachment 1110716
Sounds like some loozerz need to get a few loads of -00 in their butts before this'll end...

Well, not in WA. And not at this time, at least. I know what you're saying about TPTB making crazy laws and then enforcing them on law-abiding citizens, but as the WA State law currently exists, having a firearm on your person counts as having it "under the control of the owner" of that firearm, so that, in and of itself, at least by today's standards, is considered to be "safe storage."
Let's say... that you are carrying at home and a home invader somehow disarms you and shoots oh, ...himself! Guess what? It's Rittenhouse time at Turd Ferguson's house.

Let's say... that you are carrying at home and a home invader somehow disarms you and shoots oh, ...himself! Guess what? It's Rittenhouse time at Turd Ferguson's house.
If a home invader shoots himself in my home, I consider my work done without having to lift a finger.
And since he's gonna be expired on my floor, I can say whatever I want, or say nothing at all...
And if he's *not* expired on my floor, well... that's something that shall have to be remedied, isn't it...? ;)

full.gif

Last Edited:
If a home invader shoots himself in my home, I consider my work done without having to lift a finger.
And since he's gonna be expired on my floor, I can say whatever I want, or say nothing at all...
And if he's *not* expired on my floor, well... that's something that shall have to be remedied, isn't it...? ;)

View attachment 1110834
Inept home invaders are the #4 cause of unexplained concrete slabs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top