JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only reason I carry a 5-shot .38 around the house is because a full size piece makes my back hurt. It seems to me that 1 gun on your person beats guns hidden in every room, but YMMV. A 12 ga. is in most cases the premier device for serious social work, but not well suited to being that constant companion.

It's almost like they want you to click.
🤔
Of course, and it's not full of ads once you are there, unlike many other sights that want you to see the "racy" photos from Woodstock.
If someone breaks into ur home that is more cut and dry as to what ur options are but someone on ur property (not inside ur house) committing a crime needs more discussion I think.
SSS

If you have to carry in your own home, you might want to think about moving. I suppose if I lived anywhere serviced by PPD, yeah I'd be packing in my own home.

Thankfully I live in a nice area, it's rural, so cameras and motion sensors are still a must.
The second sentence is a contradiction of the first. Best bet, cameras, sensors, carry.

THIS. People always are shocked that I'm strapped around my own house. Don't get me started on a "Shower Gun". lol o_O
shower gun.jpg

In the last 3 years, I have gone from occasional home carry to full time, never without it no matter what!
Unfortunately, through a series of this city and states policies, actions, and inactions, threats to me and my home have increased exponentially, so my carry has adjusted to reflect this! Like nammac posted, feet hit the floor, gun is in the holster, feet leave the floor, gun goes on the night stand! I have had to get up in the middle of the night several times and clear the house, the yard, the driveway and check on neighbors because some jackarse decided to pilfer from us, and while it's hopefully never going to escalate to lethal actions, the threat of that sure has increased, with the rampant use of serious drugs, there is now a worse likelihood that such actions may become needed! We have a large and growing homeless camp right here, so close I can hear them talking in normal voices and smell them, they all seem to be cranked up on chemicals, and all seem to be involved in thefts within the area, ALL of them are armed with some sort of weapon, ( One I know carries an AR pistol) and I fear it's only a matter of time before home invasions start happening! We also get transients through here, almost all on bicycles looking for the quick score, and I have noticed almost all of them are prone to violence, and this is very concerning! In short, I now carry at all times, no matter how uncomfortable it may be, and I carry a full size double stack, because a reload may not be possible, at least this gives me 16+1 to solve any issues! There is also a 12 gauge by both doors to the outside, both are loaded with "T" shot and then 4 aught buck, and there is also a SBR AR over the front door loaded with nasties for any threat that may come! Several years ago, I would have thought such protection to be excessive, paranoid, and over blown, today, it's the sad reality of what it takes to ensure our safety!

In the last 3 years, I have gone from occasional home carry to full time, never without it no matter what!
Unfortunately, through a series of this city and states policies, actions, and inactions, threats to me and my home have increased exponentially, so my carry has adjusted to reflect this! Like nammac posted, feet hit the floor, gun is in the holster, feet leave the floor, gun goes on the night stand! I have had to get up in the middle of the night several times and clear the house, the yard, the driveway and check on neighbors because some jackarse decided to pilfer from us, and while it's hopefully never going to escalate to lethal actions, the threat of that sure has increased, with the rampant use of serious drugs, there is now a worse likelihood that such actions may become needed! We have a large and growing homeless camp right here, so close I can hear them talking in normal voices and smell them, they all seem to be cranked up on chemicals, and all seem to be involved in thefts within the area, ALL of them are armed with some sort of weapon, ( One I know carries an AR pistol) and I fear it's only a matter of time before home invasions start happening! We also get transients through here, almost all on bicycles looking for the quick score, and I have noticed almost all of them are prone to violence, and this is very concerning! In short, I now carry at all times, no matter how uncomfortable it may be, and I carry a full size double stack, because a reload may not be possible, at least this gives me 16+1 to solve any issues! There is also a 12 gauge by both doors to the outside, both are loaded with "T" shot and then 4 aught buck, and there is also a SBR AR over the front door loaded with nasties for any threat that may come! Several years ago, I would have thought such protection to be excessive, paranoid, and over blown, today, it's the sad reality of what it takes to ensure our safety!
Shotguns by the door reminds me of this classic from Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch:
This year we had a guy looking for spare keys and going around property checking out basement windows in broad daylight. I watched him on ring cams and when he got to a position I could corner him I confronted him from second story window with shotgun in hand (not visible to him). He is lucky he didn't try anything or would have had to get the shovel.

Last Edited:
I think a lot of ppl don't realize how brave criminals are now. Not only will they come on your property and try to make themselves at home, they will also come into your residence and do whatever they want. And there will be no police response almost every time here. Fe a couple postings on next door I saw just now:
5CD53D94-2A41-4AC9-BB31-E4B00C960DC1.jpeg
17C01E1F-A8B0-4D32-866D-172434FC0BA3.jpeg

I think a lot of ppl don't realize how brave criminals are now. Not only will they come on your property and try to make themselves at home, they will also come into your residence and do whatever they want. And there will be no police response almost every time here. Fe a couple postings on next door I saw just now:
View attachment 1109157
View attachment 1109158
We have these situations because the elected politicians have empowered this criminal element and are forcing us to become victims. Legalized drugs, lack of punishment for criminal acts, condoning such behavior will just make more and more vigilantes of the rest of us…

Like most here, I carry often as possible as lord knows the kind of crap that could be coming your way.
I like to be armed coming home in case I were to walk into a burglary in progress, and minimize chances of becoming a hostage in my own house. That scenario actually happened to my neighbor once. Luckily, the perp was more interested in escaping out the window than creating a hostage situation. Police got the perp a few minutes later.
While at home, not only I have a gun on me, I have my Benelli M4 shotgun with 00 buck in the tube, at the ready, not easily seen, but accessible. Cams are all around as well. Bunch of crapola we have to deal with thanks to political environment the left created.

Build back better.

We have these situations because the elected politicians have empowered this criminal element and are forcing us to become victims. Legalized drugs, lack of punishment for criminal acts, condoning such behavior will just make more and more vigilantes of the rest of us…
I may not make it but look forward to taking a few shots at these azz holes before I check out.

It is hard for the general public to comprehend that actual preparedness can save lives when MSM paints a different picture by either ignoring, downplaying or flat out misrepresenting occasions when having a gun saves a life.

In this recent news article about a Michigan home invasion, preparedness is misrepresented as "the homeowner found a firearm and shot the suspect". How about that, he just chanced to find a firearm! At least it was loaded, but too bad he didn't find it quick enough to avoid getting stabbed by the intruder. Although he survived this one (thanks to that miracle "find"), I am betting he is now a believer in carrying when at home.

I need to look around my house, see if I can miraculously "find" a firearm or two. It would be nice to have opportunity to check 'em out, make sure they're actually functional in case I need to use them in a pinch.

Or activate this from inside the house...

I know the Ring spot light camera has a siren but if the persons living in the home did not have a gun they probably did the right thing and didn't press the siren button. Or they were asleep and didn't notice until morning. Strange as well the car doesn't have movement detector on it either. Our cars have a shake detect on the alarms.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads