JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Come on,I just posted a reply telling the poor guy that business owners with less money than Ed can be just as rude.Just how some of them are made.
maybe he didn't like the guy.It's a free country,he wasn't obligated to do an interview was he?

And as for the "internet gun community",Mr Brown doesn't care about.If he has been on You Tube for 1/2 hour he can see some of the dumbest people there are doing stupid videos. He's supposed to care about MY video when I'm just some guy with a camera?
Sheezuzz,just read a couple of pages on this forum and any gun maker could start to care less about the "internet gun community"

I know nothing about Ed Brown 1911's. Are they really worth $3000 and more???? I can't imagine spending that on a handgun.

im with you on that.my $600 springfield 1911 does everything that $3000 gun will do and it is a beautiful gun too.
i like the weight for stability and its a solid gun.oh and i wont cry if i scratch it like the guy with the $3000 gun will.

Not defending Tom, but everything I hear from dealers and distributors about Ed Brown is that he is a total dick.

Umm,Do you know who I am? I'm Ed Brown.I dont speak to peasents....unless of course you would like to spend $3000 on my $1000 guns.
I'm a name....like Larue and if you have a name that sounds cool you can charge $2000 more than other manufacturers with names that are not as cool like Dan Wesson even though Dan Wesson makes a better gun...

I would not pee on Ed if he was on fire. The guy is just another smug trick..... poor customer service. If I had the money, I would never ever buy an ED Brown. I rather buy a hundred Rock Islands or I would just buy a nice Springfield.

of all the nice 1911's i have had from kimber to para ordnance the springfield is the one that just feels right.
the first time i picked one up i knew i had to have one.
target aquisition is perfect,heavy like i like them,cool cross cannon grips and always goes on target at 25yrds.and the best part is if i hit it on something i dont really care because it is a workhorse and i will keep it forever.

From three to seven grand for a 1911 and Ed Brown's production is sold out for the entire year? Wow, I guess there really is a sucker born every minute.

$7,000 are you serious?
thats just rich guys trying to one up eachother to buy that.
i laughed when i seen springfields $2500 gun that looks just like my $600 springer.
if you hit 25yrds 1" groups you have done all a handgun needs to do.any more money and it's just a status thing.

I've met several "guru" types that were true arrogant weasels - Ed has a reputation of not caring what others think and being a bit cranky (to say the least) but the few times I met him at SHOT show he was polite enough - then again I wasn't trying to force him into an interview either. While I think Ed would have done better to say he doesn't do unscheduled interviews I'm not entirely convinced that Tom was as polite as he claims and the threat that his business might suffer from his not doing an interview didn't help his case. Not sure which one has the bigger ego there. Either way I have no intentions of paying over $3k for one of Ed's guns as I know I could have a custom gun built exactly the way I want with equal or better quality and attention to detail through several gunsmiths out there.
Most are at least on their better behavior when promoting at big events. I will say that a few years ago at SHOT show Jonathan Arthur Ciener was blatantly rude to many and from what I could see he was only hurting his business by being there. When a customer was trying to talk to him about a particular item and something that he might want to address in the instructions Ciener picked up his cell and called a buddy and chatted about where they were going to meet for lunch until the guy finally gave up and left. After the guy left he hung up, turns to me and says "I hate #$%%&#$ like that - I didn't ask for anyone's opinions..." on the bright side Ciener was arrested this past November in FL at his shop for fraud charges for taking money up front and failure to deliver products or offer refunds. (I wonder if he got out of jail and got permission to leave the state to attend SHOT this year)

The idea at the big promo events is to grow your customer base and show off your products, especially new items. Maybe that is why Glock hired "Gunny" to sign autographs at their booth and S&W usually has a few of their custom shop engraver guys doing work on the floor to display the hands on craftsmanship and to entice people into more custom work. Hmmm..... Maybe some need to learn that regardless of how bad of a day they were having they can catch more flies with honey.....

I have a friend up here that has an Ed Brown.He claims it is the sweetest shooting 1911 he has ever touched.And an instructor that shot it said the same.

I don't buy it.Pun intended.
At least not for 3k.I'll buy 2-3 lesser brand 1911s

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class