JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Below is a link to a New York Times opinion piece by a white author who dared to write a novel from the perspective of people of color and was pilloried for it ("how dare he!"). He says that while the Right used to be the wing of enforced conformity, it's the Left that now uses "weaponized sensitivity to insensitively stamp out all who disagree" (I'm paraphrasing). As someone who has been on the wrong side of the PC Police a couple of times I could relate to this. I also like to read good literary fiction by authors that I don't think should be hobbled by "you can't write that because you are the wrong race/gender" rules. This is one aspect of a larger and worrisome trend. What do you think?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/23/opinion/will-the-left-survive-the-millennials.html

I think that if you are a good writer , you can write anything and have it turn out good.
Robert A. Heinlein wrote many a novel with a female or person of color in the leading role.

But then I am not a fan of censorship or of folks saying "You can't do that." , for whatever dumbazz reason they think of.
So maybe I'm not a good person to ask ... LOL
Andy

Weaponized sensitivity is true. Everyone can be butt hurt about anything any more. Similar to one's 2 year old pitching a fit to get their own way. Should this trend continue I am afraid that we will be able only to converse with our own self. That's prolly why you see so many old guys muttering to themselves. [guilty] LOL

We call them....

IMG_3384.JPG

Many have become so desensitized to even their surroundings and so ignorant of the world's ways, that they are unable to form their own opinions. They rely on the Media and "leaders" to tell them what they feel, how to think. and what to do. Their demands for sensitivity from others by being insensitive to others, demonstrates only their insensitivity.
They are a "herd" and can be manipulated like livestock. We could call them "sheep"...but that would be unfair to actual sheep.

Last Edited:
Many have become so desensitized to even their surroundings and so ignorant of the world's ways, that they are unable to form their own opinions. They rely on the Media and "leaders" to tell them what they feel, how to think. and what to do. Their demands for sensitivity from others by being insensitive to others, demonstrates only their insensitivity.
They are a "herd" and can be manipulated like livestock. We could call them "sheep"...but that would be unfair to actual sheep.

Both sides of the aisle are sheep - they just follow different herders

Whenever I hear about someone attacking an artist, musician, writer, etc.. for "appropriation" I get really, really mad. Without "appropriation" we wouldn't have had Elvis, Debussy, Brazilian Funk, Jamaican Ska, British Ska, M.I.A., Eminem, or any of the art and fashion trends of the early 2000's. Creative endeavors depend upon the cross pollination of ideas and cultures, and I liken people who accuse artists of appropriation, who say that they can't use any ideas that aren't from their own culture, to those who were against interracial marriage. This whole anti-appropriation thing is nothing less than intellectual apartheid, hiding in the guise of cultural sensitivity. Eff that noise.

J.K. Rowling is not a Wizard nor a 10 year old boy and she seamed to have done a pretty good job telling a story that has generated over 1 billion dollars fr her alone not including the thousands (if not millions) of other people to generate wealth off the books she wrote. Daniel Radcliffe made 110 million.

There's a sufficient lack of tolerance for opposing viewpoints on all ends of the ideological spectrum.

No one group holds the exclusive use license to believe they alone hold the correct viewpoint.

If anyone thinks otherwise perhaps they belong to one of those groups, too.

You can't have an opinion on someone else unless your the minority, then you are free to judge uncontrollably.

I read a book years ago call "Black like me" it was essentially the same difference. A white man living as a black man for 6 weeks to see what the difference was. This was done in 1959 at the height of racial tensions.

It was a good book.

But I think it was the hatred of white people that has passed down generations that has kept racism alive. Not actual racism.
That hatred, grief, and need for reparations has been the only thing passed down for generations and keeping the ghettos ghettos.
It's slavery of the mind, kept in place by the people themselves.
The need to be held down by "the man" that has long passed and they have failed to realize they are "the man" keeping themselves oppressed.

There was a mindset instilled by the slave owners that set the slaves against each other, i.e. "ratting out" a rival, striving (at the expense of others) to become the "foreman", actually developing a hatred for the other slaves and doing ANYTHING to be "the one" holding the whip and doing the "master's bidding. Some of the MOST cruel task-masters were indeed black slaves (and a few former slaves). It has destroyed that sub-culture ever since... "black on black" crime accounts for a HUGE disproportional amount of the crime stats across all catalogues.

It was a VERY effective method for the "few" to control the "many", and if you stop to THINK about it, and look around... it's now being employed (large scale) on society at large via MSM and Pop-culture, and it's slowly becoming more & more effective at an expotential pace. o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top