JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was out with my AR and mounted light in the fog last night and I realized that I couldn't see jack. But my bore sighter cut right through the fog.

I realized that I needed to have some sort of laser sight. Either rail mounted, or can be mounted in a flashlight mount that I count mount forward on my rail.

Anyone have anything they can suggest? also, whats the difference between red and green lasers?

I'm looking very seriously at purchasing a Viridian C5L laser/light. It fits on most handguns with rails and can easily be used on your AR-15 as well.

I've been watcing these guys get pretty good at their business over the last year or so.

Someone convince me why I shouldn't buy it?

PS: I was at Keith's yesterday and they had 4 of the C5L's in stock.

Go green. (no not hippie prius type of going green) but we all know the eye sees more shades of green than any other color. Why my choice will be green!

don't think there is one on the mkt. just buy a green laser they come with mounts

Can anyone recommend a decent laser? I'm seeing Barska/BSA/Leapers/UTG and other Asian made lasers from $60-$100 and then CrimsonTrace and Laser Max in the $250-$400 range and then $500-$2000 for PEQ style lasers.

I know that I don't need (nor can afford) a $1000 laser. But is there anything that's more quality than the cheap Chinese POS that still won't cost me an arm and a leg?

I guess I'm really wanting to try one before I dump a lot of cash into something. I'm new to combat style weapons and I'm doing all my learnin on the internet. So it'd be nice to find a low priced laser that will hold a zero...

What advantage does a laser give you that a red dot does not offer? Seems unnecessary to me and something that will give your position away to the bad guys. Does it actually make fog go away so you can see farther?

Unless it is an IR laser and you are wearing NVGs that make it hard to look through a regular optic I don't see the need for one personally.

What advantage does a laser give you that a red dot does not offer? Seems unnecessary to me and something that will give your position away to the bad guys. Does it actually make fog go away so you can see farther?

Unless it is an IR laser and you are wearing NVGs that make it hard to look through a regular optic I don't see the need for one personally.

I discussed this on another forum recently. I can't speak for the OP. but I plan on using a laser in conjunction with a Millet DMS, allowing me to quickly acquire a target in low light.

What advantage does a laser give you that a red dot does not offer? Seems unnecessary to me and something that will give your position away to the bad guys. Does it actually make fog go away so you can see farther? .

I'm not entirely sure. I'd like to think of it as even a back up to my Eotech. Something I can quickly acquire a target in low light. I'm still new to this whole AR15 thing and I'm not just trying to "tacticool" my weapon. But I want to try as many combination as I can to find what works for me.

All I can say is while I head my boresight in place target acquisition had never been easier (both in a dark house and the yard/alley)

Ah, ok. Why did you decide on a laser over an offset (or mounted on top of the scope if you don't mind terrible cheek weld) reflex sight?

Personally one of the inspirations of getting a laser is to try it out in an upcoming night shoot to see how it performs.

The problem I have with an offset reflex is the awkwardness that it is on the gun as well as the awkwardness of using the thing.

The laser can be thrown into a dual light mount, occupying the space that my light was taking up anyway.

This allows me to place my scope on low power and to use my light and laser to properly ID and acquire hits on target. (this is all in theory, I have yet to place the order for a new mount)

The green lasers I have played with produce a green stream of light. The red laser projects a dot, if there are particles in the air for the red laser to reflect on then they too can be traced back to the source. Depending on the use for the laser sight this may be worth considering.

That Predator laser would definitely interrupt the bad guys OODA loop...:)

I mounted this one on my bullpup. Haven't sighted it in or fired the shotgun with it on but I like the light and laser combo so I can keep my head up and use all my vision to identify threats. Once you get used to the idea of a laser it is very natural.

View attachment 196453

I've been playing around with a Surefire L72 for a year or so.

It seems to work just fine for what I have it set up for 5-15 meters on a SBR.

In full sunlight the laser is visable to ~50 meters. I also own a set of CT grips and the Surefire is much brighter.

The L72 head replaces the bulb assembly and bezel on a 6p or 95x series lights. I have mine attached to a 3 o'clock on a rail.

View attachment 196415

View attachment 196416

View attachment 196417

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR