JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guy is an idiot based upon the information provided, but...how is there a crime of "a weapon in a park"? I have never heard of such a thing (nothing in state, county or city statutes).

Parking dispute before concert in Mt. Tabor Park ends at gunpoint | OregonLive.com

Spitting on someone is assault and I agree with the charge. Can someone find this ORS for "POSS WEAPONS IN PARK (U Misdemeanor)"?

Neustel refused, said King, police pointed their weapons in his direction. Neustel allegedly picked up his daughter and held her in front of himself, said King.

What a scum bag!

Here is one example from <broken link removed> where weapons are illegal

It's on page 3 of the document...."except as provided by law." To me that means you need to have you CHL and it needs to be concealed. They violated one if not both of these provisions....thereby also violating the "No Weapons in Park" law.

166.173 is the law you are looking for. Make sure you are always legal.........

Well sort of... City Code does not trump state code.. i.e. with a CHL I can open carry in a Tualatin park if I felt the need for the hassle, and be fully within the law. That being said its a bit off topic so yes guy is a douche bag, deserves the charges levied against him and the punishment that goes with them. If he ha a CHL the gun in park charge is bogus, the others will stick and he'll lose his CHL. If he didnt have a CHL then well they all stick it gets plea bargained to disturbing the peace and he doesnt spend any time in jail other than time served.

Only if they let you.

Its our 2nd Amendment Right to own and carry a firearm...BUT in county, state, and federal parks that are paid for with tax money, probably not. Yes it is paid for by the same Citizens that cant exercise their own 2nd Amendment right there.

Law abiding Citizens who have no criminal record are asked/demanded to leave our self protection at home. The few authority figures that are around will not be able to protect all of us from the wild life...(Bear,Cougar or Wolf) or even the bad guy who will gladly disobey the laws and will hurt us anyways.

Come on in to the beautiful, Citizen funded parks...at your own risk.

Is this what our Founding Fathers meant when they came up with the 2nd Amendment?
American Citizens have a Right to own and carry firearms.

But now American Citizens cannot exercise the 2nd Amendment unless... You ask for permission. You take a class. You pay a fee. You have a permit.
Or... You keep your firearm in plain sight. Your firearm is not loaded with ammunition. Your clip/magazine is not loaded with ammunition.

Well, having carried in MT Tabor quite a bit and many times with my pistol not well concealed(open shirt) I can say that the park workers don't give much of a damn in my experience. Of course I'm not salivating on them at range...

Explains why there was a ton of sirens rolling by my house that day though.

Well sort of... City Code does not trump state code.. i.e. with a CHL I can open carry in a Tualatin park if I felt the need for the hassle, and be fully within the law. That being said its a bit off topic so yes guy is a douche bag, deserves the charges levied against him and the punishment that goes with them. If he ha a CHL the gun in park charge is bogus, the others will stick and he'll lose his CHL. If he didnt have a CHL then well they all stick it gets plea bargained to disturbing the peace and he doesnt spend any time in jail other than time served.

Trust me,this guy will spend time in jail for something in the near future.Or get himself killed

Here is one example from <broken link removed> where weapons are illegal

It's on page 3 of the document...."except as provided by law." To me that means you need to have you CHL and it needs to be concealed. They violated one if not both of these provisions....thereby also violating the "No Weapons in Park" law.

166.173 is the law you are looking for. Make sure you are always legal.........

Here is 163.173 minus (a), (b), & (d)....

"A city or county may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the possession of loaded firearms in public places as defined in ORS 161.015.

(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section do not apply to or affect:

(c) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun"

So the city can regulate, restrict, or prohibit but they cannot do any if you have your CHL. My interpritation would be that they can't make you conceal it. That would be regulating.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top