JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder if the Democrats are worried about the upcoming election. With nobody in the presidential candidate pool with a shot at the nomination who is lighting up real passion, could they have been worried that a bunch of anti-2A bills would have fired up Republicans while on their side, the Berners vote Green (or revenge vote for Trump) or don't show, and the unexcited rest of them forget to mark ballots. A mag ban and semi-auto ban would have almost certainly caused a backlash, perhaps enough to get those who don't normally vote to do it. Anyway, I have no evidence this is true -- I'm just speculating.
We need to fire people up over how close they came THIS time, take 'em off at the knees so there's NOT a "next time."

There were a lot of arguments against the magazine ban. The lawsuit in CA probably influenced the decision. Why pass something which has already been challenged in the courts?

On the state legislative site, below the bill opposition I stated basically, if I-1639 was written so only the law-abiding can own semi-autos then this bill will only burden the law-abiding because these mags only work in semi-autos (with exceptions.)

They are dead for now, would need to be reintroduced. They will save and refile next season for sure. Ferguson must go, Inslee must go and we need to stay vigilant.
Got a plan to overcome King County Election Fraud? I'm not sure even Candid Camera of Turd Ferguson getting caught playing hide-the-sausage-in-little-boy-buns would be enough to stop him...

I sent personal letters, not email, to all 14 members of the Wash. House Civil Rights and Judiciary Committee voicing my opposition to anti-gun bills under consideration. Don't know how much good it did. Only one member out of 14 bothered to respond, Brad Klippert, R-Kennewick, who is pro-2A. Even one of my own representatives who is on this committee didn't bother to respond. To think my district used to have two GOP reps for many years. Well, the current ones know they are in no danger of losing my pro-gun vote. Because I don't vote for the sh*t-birds in the first place. They know they can't lose what they never had.

It just could be that the big commotion in Virginia lately had more effect. I think the rising up of pro-gun sentiment there had a chilling effect on state pols nation-wide. The old survival trick for politicians is their checking to see which way the wind is blowing.

Or Inslee and Ferguson start pushing for an initiative, and this poop comes up sooner than next session.

I'm afraid I agree that some version of this is likely to come up. This is a safe scenario for the politicians. It won't be publicly launched by Inslee or Ferguson. In the guise of an initiative by the people, they can maintain distance from it and keep their skirts clean. And, it won't cost them any money. That will be provided in the wheelbarrows full by Nick Hanauer, Bill Gates and other money bags whose parents wouldn't give them a BB gun for Christmas and they have been crying ever since.

I don't really know how these anti-gun initiatives get under way. But I have some ideas. Guys like Inslee and Ferguson go to a $10,000 a plate dinner hosted by Dem. wheels. They meet up with Dem. money bag supporters and kinda suggest what might be a good thing. "Why don't you get some of your friends together and form a committee?" They don't have to utter a word about money; all concerned know it's there.

The money bags will target that 2/3 of the population who don't like guns or don't own guns with a barrage of propaganda that is designed to sway their vote for anything described as "a reasonable law" and "in the interest of public safety." Why not, those words sound good. By that time, we may even have had one or two mass shootings added to the list which will fan the flames. It's a sick thing to imagine, but do you ever wonder if the gun-haters sit around and pine away and hope for the next mass shooting?

Here's sick for you. What the two sides say after a mass shooting:

Pro-gun people might say, "Oh, this is terrible. All those innocent people killed for nothing. And it will advance the cause of the gun-grabbers."

Anti-gun people might say, "Say, this is great, this is wonderful publicity for advancing the anti-gun cause. Too bad all those innocent people got killed but they died for a good cause."

Very speculative but maybe not that far from the truth.

As long as Inslee and Ferguson are in this isn't going to stop.
What I'd like to see is legislation pushing in the other direction.
Pro active bills, like the hearing protection act, to knock them back on their heels for once.
A good start might be a push against WA ban on OTF and mechanical assisted knives, etc... whatever... anything.
I'll admit I'm not very savy on these things work, But like they say...
"The best defense is a good offense"
If their busy fighting against something... it'll at least help slow them down.

I confess my ignorance on the process here.
Is the 2020 legislative session now over and the legislature will not reconvene till 2021?
If yes, are the bills that didn't get passed or voted on dead, or simply dormant till the next session? Meaning that the bills have to be introduced again or can the unpassed bills be taken up again as is?
Yesterday was the deadline for a bill to pass its house of origin, so if it was a House bill, the House would have had to pass it prior to 5pm yesterday. If it was a Senate bill, the Senate would have had to pass it.

Any bill that was not voted on this year (which includes the mag cap bills and AWB) will automatically be renewed next year.

SB 6288 did pass the Senate and is in the House committee now. If it passes committee, the House will have the opportunity to vote on it, so contact the House reps that are on the committee and let them know what you think.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews