JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And initiative needs to be started with the subject being no initiative can be past the invalidates our natural born right and the constitution. This is the only way to keep those heifers from every town from screwing us.

I sent personal letters, not email, to all 14 members of the Wash. House Civil Rights and Judiciary Committee voicing my opposition to anti-gun bills under consideration. Don't know how much good it did. Only one member out of 14 bothered to respond, Brad Klippert, R-Kennewick, who is pro-2A. Even one of my own representatives who is on this committee didn't bother to respond. To think my district used to have two GOP reps for many years. Well, the current ones know they are in no danger of losing my pro-gun vote. Because I don't vote for the sh*t-birds in the first place. They know they can't lose what they never had.

It just could be that the big commotion in Virginia lately had more effect. I think the rising up of pro-gun sentiment there had a chilling effect on state pols nation-wide. The old survival trick for politicians is their checking to see which way the wind is blowing.

I'm afraid I agree that some version of this is likely to come up. This is a safe scenario for the politicians. It won't be publicly launched by Inslee or Ferguson. In the guise of an initiative by the people, they can maintain distance from it and keep their skirts clean. And, it won't cost them any money. That will be provided in the wheelbarrows full by Nick Hanauer, Bill Gates and other money bags whose parents wouldn't give them a BB gun for Christmas and they have been crying ever since.

I don't really know how these anti-gun initiatives get under way. But I have some ideas. Guys like Inslee and Ferguson go to a $10,000 a plate dinner hosted by Dem. wheels. They meet up with Dem. money bag supporters and kinda suggest what might be a good thing. "Why don't you get some of your friends together and form a committee?" They don't have to utter a word about money; all concerned know it's there.

The money bags will target that 2/3 of the population who don't like guns or don't own guns with a barrage of propaganda that is designed to sway their vote for anything described as "a reasonable law" and "in the interest of public safety." Why not, those words sound good. By that time, we may even have had one or two mass shootings added to the list which will fan the flames. It's a sick thing to imagine, but do you ever wonder if the gun-haters sit around and pine away and hope for the next mass shooting?

Here's sick for you. What the two sides say after a mass shooting:

Pro-gun people might say, "Oh, this is terrible. All those innocent people killed for nothing. And it will advance the cause of the gun-grabbers."

Anti-gun people might say, "Say, this is great, this is wonderful publicity for advancing the anti-gun cause. Too bad all those innocent people got killed but they died for a good cause."

Very speculative but maybe not that far from the truth.

I think there is a national play book listing all of their goals and a list of potential backers, topped by Soros and Bloomberg and their satellite organizations, willing to fund them. This is far too organized from fed to city levels to be random grass root.

We need to preempt with initiatives of our own. Plan on saving the big pushes for 2021, but we still need to put up token symbolic resistance to show both friends and foes we're still fighting.

#VivaLaResistance

Yeah, get a ballot measure going to keep reps that are traitors to The Constitution in cages while in session. Being fed only generic cheerios with soured milk.

Anti-gun politicians aren't bothered one bit by pro-gun initiatives because it doesn't get them tangled up in red tape and subject to the risk of being arrested. Here's something that could actually pass and give them a good dose of their own medicine. Does anyone think Matt Shea might have the time and interest to work on this one (considering that the legislature revoked his committee memberships)?

--------------------------------------------

Summary of Initiative 594B
Universal Background Checks for Legislators

BRIEF SUMMARY

* Provides that all legislators are subject to background checks for conflict of interest, prior to voting on any bill, unless specifically exempted.

* Requires that all verbal communications between lobbyists, campaign donors, and legislators be recorded in written format, and made available for public inspection.

* Requires that legislators, campaign donors, and lobbyists be licensed and subject to yearly background checks by the Department of Licensing (DOL).

* Provides exemptions from the background check initiative and establishes criminal penalties for violations of the initiative.

* Requires the DOH to report violations to the US Government Accountability Office (GAO), and for the DOL to revoke the licenses of legislators, campaign donors, and lobbyists.

* Provides that lobbyists who donate less than $100 per year to any legislator are not subject to the licensing requirements.

BACKGROUND

Great News! Well done to all that participated, and a special thanks to those who helped spearhead this thing. From the gun shops like Sporting Systems and others, to the members of this forum who kept tabs on the various bills and provided information for email contact and such.

Thank you!

Holy s--t, @44Brent , I think you just made me cream my skivvies reading that...

LET'S DO IT!

I didn't create anything original, I simply took one of their own initiatives and replaced a few words here and there. If a person were to take all of the anti-gun owner initiatives and replace a few words there would be an endless supply of initiatives that could hog-tie the legislature. A smart legislator might start to eventually notice that the anti-legislative initiatives closely mirror the anti-gun owner initiatives.

To celebrate, I'm going to cross state lines with THIRTY 1,000 round magazines in a duffle bag!!

OOPS!! I meant 1,000 THIRTY round mags... in a duffle bag! :D

Something that I noticed reading the text of the bill. I saw nothing regarding belt fed guns. So my 500 round belt would still have been legal.......lol

Have they ever come out with a belt fed Glock....that would be fantastic lmao

Oh even better a belt fed manual crank Gatling gun! That would really get their knickers in a twist

I think there is a national play book listing all of their goals and a list of potential backers, topped by Soros and Bloomberg and their satellite organizations, willing to fund them. This is far too organized from fed to city levels to be random grass root.

It seems a little weird that all these states doing this stuff are all worded almost the same way. Virginia, Arizona, Kentucky, Indiana and Washington and Oregon.

I didn't create anything original, I simply took one of their own initiatives and replaced a few words here and there. If a person were to take all of the anti-gun owner initiatives and replace a few words there would be an endless supply of initiatives that could hog-tie the legislature. A smart legislator might start to eventually notice that the anti-legislative initiatives closely mirror the anti-gun owner initiatives.
Still a good idea... what about it, Team NWFA?

Congratulations, especially to all those who devoted time and effort to defending their rights. Particularly insulting is the "Office of Firearm Violence Prevention" (as I commented earlier, sure to become the Ministry of Truth for all things firearm related):
This office would be nothing more than a tax-payer funded lobby group with the sole purpose of eroding self-defense rights in Washington.
Here's a good summary of what failed and what passed:

Had to look it up to be sure:
... title-only or "ghost bills" that contain a title or intent statement but no content. Legislators amend the bills with text later, "often when it is too late for the public to review or comment." according to Walsh.

"Title-only bills are often hurried though the legislative process during the final days or hours of the session giving legislators and the public little time for review and deliberation," Walsh added.
Insidious. Time to storm the capitol.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads