JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We'd have to go down the rabbit hole of definitions here to be sure, but without doing that I fundamentally disagree.

Right/Conserve/Simple/Traditional rather than Left/Expand/Complex/Cosmopolitan is "natural" to humans. I base this on what happens when things (realtionships, society, order, etc.) collapse. Return to nature as it were. These human things never collapse into a more complex state.
Unless an asteroid hits Earth I dont see society collapsing backwards, and as time and technology improves quality of life and population density triples and increases, humanity interacts together even more. By nature, humans are social creatures....

I think a good question to ask is why conservative America has compromised....? I think there are many leftists that do support gun rights but they just aren't single issue voters. I might agree that they wont vote differently to support gun rights exclusively, but I do think that if they were more vocal about supporting their gun rights it would tip the scales on that front. Considering them the enemy isn't helping get them there. From my experience the few leftist gun owners I know most simply just don't know or are very unaware how these "common sense" gun laws affect them personally.
Its certainly complicated.... Im just trying to figure it out strategically.
I've addressed this before "single issue voters.

Anyone who thinks they aren't a single issue voter is totally deluding themselves. On the hierarchy of issues, 1 issue is always the "most important" these people just simply have a different #1 priority and are willing to ultimately sacrifice others.

On the topic of conservatives compromising, that's much more involved, but it stems from several things, 1 of which is societal degradation, things that used to be viewed as morally wrong are increasingly becoming mainstream. Conservatives today are less conservatives and liberals are "more left."

On the topic of "common sense" related stuff (misnomer). Ignorance is not an excuse anymore. There is more information readily available today than ever before in human history. Small children possess information technology that dwarfs that had by previous generations of adults.

In America today the general population has more access to information than ever before in history and yet the average American is generally dumber and less skilled than ever before in history.

Reading about the last days of the Roman empire you'd think it was written about modern day America.

lol we've gone so far off topic I can't even SEE it anymore.

That said I hope you're right. About the asteroid and stuff. The prepper in me isn't betting on it though.

On the topic of conservatives compromising, that's much more involved, but it stems from several things, 1 of which is societal degradation, things that used to be viewed as morally wrong are increasingly becoming mainstream. Conservatives today are less conservatives and liberals are "more left."
Whats morally wrong? Who gets to decide that? I agree conservatives today are less conservative, thats what I mean by society always has a slight liberal lean to it, naturally. The problem it the "more left" liberals create an imbalance in the growth and the current state of conservatives is in a disarray.

Whats morally wrong? Who gets to decide that? I agree conservatives today are less conservative, thats what I mean by society always has a slight liberal lean to it, naturally. The problem it the "more left" liberals create an imbalance in the growth and the current state of conservatives is in a disarray.
Moral relativism - the notion that what is moral, good, and right are dependent on society to figure that out. Taken to its extreme, nothing is wrong, everything is allowed.

Some would argue morality comes from God and reading the Bible specifically tells what is right and what is wrong.

Otherwise, morality would just be rooted in arbitrary rules decreed by the current society, subject to change, effectively mob rule morality.

***This has been updated, in short they're flexible w/ their policy if you contact them directly.***

Found ammo at USArmorment.com, overpriced, but not by today's standards. Ordered. Was happy. Then received the following email:

"Date Ordered: Sunday 24 January, 2021

The comments for your order are: Ammo restrictions: At this time we are not selling or shipping ammunition to residents of Hawaii, Alaska, Massachusetts, New York State, Washington DC, New Jersey (non-hollow point and shotgun shells are allowed), California, Chicago Illinois and within 50 miles of Chicago or any location that requires air shipment. ADDED 08/10/2020: Due to public safety and liability issues We will not sell or ship to any area deemed to be unsafe due to protests such as Portland Oregon or within 50 miles of Portland Oregon. The same applies to any large city where protests are not peaceful, demanding de-funding police, and or it has a high rate of gun violence such as Detroit, Seattle etc and within 50 miles of those locations.

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Canceled"

The new cancel culture; you live near rioting freaks, no ammo for you! :confused:
Wow. Just f—-ing wow.

Say WHAT? Seattle has a "high rate of gun violence?" And is mentioned in the same sentence as Detroit (hey, I did grow up in Detroit, still love The D, still go back all the time, but really?)?

So if I live in the West Sound area, and it's over 50 miles to drive to Seattle, even though it's only less than 10 miles across the Sound as the crow flies... what does this company go by?
What part of Detroit if you don't mind? Grand River and Fenkell here... stone's throw from Dearborn. Dad was a Ford man. He still hasn't forgiven my RAM pickup. LOL.

Yuge Update!

Went to bed shortly after posting. I'd sent an email:

"Hello,

Didn't see the "Added 08/10/2020..." on the site before joining and ordering.

Are there any exceptions to your shipping/sales policy? If so let me know if there's anything I can do.

Forty year wheelgunner and NRA member I never thought I'd be considered unsafe to buy ammunition.

Regards,"

This morning got a response. Not going to cutnpaste as it's actually not a spam but a real response. In short it's a greeting and "nothing personal", followed by a salty and accurate assessment of the situation in Portland. :D Followed by a request for me to verify I'm an NRA member, and if I do they'll take my order.

Happy again.

What a time to be alive, eh?
NRA to the rescue again. :)

Drop the political correctness and call them what they are. Terrorists.

Glad the seller is willing to work with the OP. I can see where they are coming from thought they aught to just say they won't ship ammo to anywhere on I5 between Goshen and Everett. The rioters, looters and terrorists with Oregon plates have been seen across the nation.

Like said before, their business, their rules. They can refuse to serve anyone. No shoes, no shirt, no service. It sucks but that's how it is. They know it'll cost them business but in the grand scheme of things it may not cost them much.
Oh I'd probably extend that line a little further south... like to Tijuana.

What part of Detroit if you don't mind? Grand River and Fenkell here... stone's throw from Dearborn. Dad was a Ford man. He still hasn't forgiven my RAM pickup. LOL.
Eastpointe 48021 (East Detroit when I was a kid). Lived there when MC5 recorded there (yeah, I'm that old). We were a Ford family, granddad never forgave me for working for GM. I drive a Silverado now.

Eastpointe 48021 (East Detroit when I was a kid). Lived there when MC5 recorded there (yeah, I'm that old). We were a Ford family, granddad never forgave me for working for GM. I drive a Silverado now.
Oh I know it well. I had an aunt over there, off of 9-mile. She ended up in Grosse Point Woods. I guess we could rekindle an East Side/West Side rivalry! Actually my mom was born and lived on the East Side. Near City Airport. Mind you this was in the '40s when you DIDN'T need a piece to walk around that hood...

My dad actually made the jump over to Nissan in the mid-80s, oversaw the staffing and opening of their massive design center in Farmington Hills, we moved to Birmingham. He got me a summer internship there, one of the things I had to do was drive downtown in a brand new 350Z twin turbo to pick up Cecil Fielder at his Millender Center Penthouse and drive him back out to Farmington as he was the MC of the grand opening. The car was his payment!

I eventually left in the early '90s, back for a few visits, but otherwise I'm told I wouldn't recognize the place. I am still to this day, a lover off all things Detroit, or as our you know who mayor used to call it "the ciddatroit..."

Last Edited:
Oh I know it well. I had an aunt over there, off of 9-mile. She ended up in Grosse Point Woods. I guess we could rekindle an East Side/West Side rivalry! Actually my mom was born and lived on the East Side. Near City Airport. Mind you this was in the '40s when you DIDN'T need a piece to walk around that hood...

My dad actually made the jump over to Nissan in the mid-80s, oversaw the staffing and opening of their massive design center in Farmington Hills, we moved to Birmingham. He got me a summer internship there, one of the things I had to do was drive downtown in a brand new 350Z twin turbo to pick up Cecil Fielder at his Millender Center Penthouse and drive him back out to Farmington as he was the MC of the grand opening. The car was his payment!

I eventually left in the early '90s, back for a few visits, but otherwise I'm told I wouldn't recognize the place. I am still to this day, a lover off all things Detroit, or as our you know who mayor used to call it "the ciddatroit..."
Had a cousin who moved to Flat Rock to open the Mazda plant. I still remember, when the car plants started closing, those people who owned Datsuns or Toyotas couldn't park 'em anywhere in Wayne or Macomb Counties otherwise the unemployed auto workers might trash 'em.

Shoot, my people remembered when 9 Mile was a gravel road. We were north of 8 Mile not far from Gratiot.

Boblo Island, Belle Isle, Detroit Zoo, right field bleachers in Tiger Stadium (saw the 68 World Series), Better-Made chips, Vernors (when it was made in Detroit, now it's made in Texas), Coney Islands, Detroit pizza, paczki from the Polish bakeries, the Woodward Dream Cruise in the summer, it was a freakin' great city to grow up in (well, '67 wasn't so great). I still get pissed when people who've never been to The D talk sh*t about the city, if you never lived there, you're not qualified to disrespect the place.

Let's get this back on topic. If you guys want to talk about Detroit more please take it to convo. :)

1) "I might, and I say might, consider selling them a double barrel shotgun, but only if they have a balcony to fire two blasts into the air from."
And only sell them blanks. Firing into the air is reckless endangerment.

2) "Otherwise, morality would just be rooted in arbitrary rules decreed by the current society, subject to change, effectively mob rule morality."
Yup. It sure is. :(

Getting back to buying ammo online, do you really know what you are getting and will it arrive 'whole and undamaged'? Why feed the greed and self-righteous? Ammo IS coming back onto the shelves! Patience grasshopper!
I've bought ammo online several times. I'm careful to research the retailer before buying and it has worked out very well for me. I can buy in quantities that allow prices that I've only occasionally been able to match locally. When I used to shoot more that once a week that added up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top