JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do not see this as any different then recent news stories where some pharmacies refuse to sell to some customers or bakers who refuse to sell products to gay couples... What I find hypocritical is when someone thinks it is okay for a business to pick and choose their customers in one situation, but not another.

No Soup For You!

Never updated this, so will now.

I got a copy of my NRA ID from the NRA and forwarded it to these guys. With a note thanking them for their understanding and looking forward to getting the ammo. No other communication from them, figured they were backed up like all the dealers are.

My order status showed this:

usarmorment.JPG

And... it still shows that. Never responded, never reinstated the order. Nada. Apparently fulfilling his request to show that yes, I'm a long standing 2A supporter and not a black bloc rioter counted for zip.

Dorks. And "Armorment"???

Personally, I'm all for it, companies across the board should refuse to supply any departments/politician security teams in areas that infringe on Americans second Amendment rights. If it's bad for the people to have access, it's bad for politicians, police, etc too.

They decided you can't be resupplied while behind enemy lines because you might be the enemy? I understand covering your butt with both hands, but it sounds like they stuck their thumbs up there.

***This has been updated, in short they're flexible w/ their policy if you contact them directly.***

Found ammo at USArmorment.com, overpriced, but not by today's standards. Ordered. Was happy. Then received the following email:

"Date Ordered: Sunday 24 January, 2021

The comments for your order are: Ammo restrictions: At this time we are not selling or shipping ammunition to residents of Hawaii, Alaska, Massachusetts, New York State, Washington DC, New Jersey (non-hollow point and shotgun shells are allowed), California, Chicago Illinois and within 50 miles of Chicago or any location that requires air shipment. ADDED 08/10/2020: Due to public safety and liability issues We will not sell or ship to any area deemed to be unsafe due to protests such as Portland Oregon or within 50 miles of Portland Oregon. The same applies to any large city where protests are not peaceful, demanding de-funding police, and or it has a high rate of gun violence such as Detroit, Seattle etc and within 50 miles of those locations.

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Canceled"

The new cancel culture; you live near rioting freaks, no ammo for you! :confused:
Try True Shot Gun Club. I've never had a problem with them and their prices as you say, "in this climate", are pretty good.

Personally, I'm all for it, companies across the board should refuse to supply any departments/politician security teams in areas that infringe on Americans second Amendment rights. If it's bad for the people to have access, it's bad for politicians, police, etc too.
So all the 2A supporting law abiding citizens that happen to live in their no fly zones are out of luck or have to jump through extra hoops to "prove" they are a good guy?

Nope. I'm not proving anything to a company that wants my business. There's plenty of others that don't need a semen and urine sample or my exact GPS coordinates to sell me goods and services.

I would assume they don't want to ship to those areas because they don't want some antifa types buying it and using it against LEOs.
Or they are just trying to make those people pay for who they are voting in

I would assume they don't want to ship to those areas because they don't want some antifa types buying it and using it against LEOs.
Or they are just trying to make those people pay for who they are voting in
Is it their job to try and figure out what the ammo is being used for? Nah. Not at all. Their choice, but I won't do business with any company willing to freeze out thousands of customers based on where they live.

So all the 2A supporting law abiding citizens that happen to live in their no fly zones are out of luck or have to jump through extra hoops to "prove" they are a good guy?

Nope. I'm not proving anything to a company that wants my business. There's plenty of others that don't need a semen and urine sample or my exact GPS coordinates to sell me goods and services.
And that is your right as a customer just as it is their right as a business (in theory) not to sell to you.

I'd have no problem with ammo retailers saying "show me your SAF membership, or GOA membership, or whatever gun rights group you prefer membership" at time of purchase or no sale.

Furthermore, as I said earlier, all gun and ammo retailers should flat out refuse to sell to any entity of the government that promotes the violation of American's 2nd amendment rights, especially entities that give themselves immunity to the laws they push on the American people.

Simply put, if there is a separate set of laws depending on if you are in government or not for what you can and can't do or can and can't own - well, that's statist and unAmerican.

And that is your right as a customer just as it is their right as a business (in theory) not to sell to you.

I'd have no problem with ammo retailers saying "show me your SAF membership, or GOA membership, or whatever gun rights group you prefer membership" at time of purchase or no sale.

Furthermore, as I said earlier, all gun and ammo retailers should flat out refuse to sell to any entity of the government that promotes the violation of American's 2nd amendment rights, especially entities that give themselves immunity to the laws they push on the American people.

Simply put, if there is a separate set of laws depending on if you are in government or not for what you can and can't do or can and can't own - well, that's statist and unAmerican.
You have no problem with ammo retailers requiring credentials beyond the law? That's a slippery slope and not one I'm willing to traverse. I'd bet most here feel the same.

You have no problem with ammo retailers requiring credentials beyond the law? That's a slippery slope and not one I'm willing to traverse. I'd bet most here feel the same.
Being a fan of the free market economy I understand that if retailers impose that, some would and some would not and ultimately for most companies, net profits wins out over any ideology, but I am not opposed to retailers asking/ demanding customers to show they have some "skin in the game."

Barrett refuses to sell to any government entities at a state or city level that doesn't allow the the citizens to own what they sell.

If all retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers did the same, it would kill every gun law in the nation because no politicians, police, or government entity would be immune from their own laws.

Being a fan of the free market economy I understand that if retailers impose that, some would and some would not and ultimately for most companies, net profits wins out over any ideology, but I am not opposed to retailers asking/ demanding customers to show they have some "skin in the game."

Barrett refuses to sell to any government entities at a state or city level that doesn't allow the the citizens to own what they sell.

If all retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers did the same, it would kill every gun law in the nation because no politicians, police, or government entity would be immune from their own laws.
But this isn't about not selling to .gov or other entities. It's about selling, actually NOT selling, to the average consumer who either lives on the wrong side of an imaginary line or doesn't belong to any cool gun clubs. Not the same.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews