JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
***This has been updated, in short they're flexible w/ their policy if you contact them directly.***

Found ammo at USArmorment.com, overpriced, but not by today's standards. Ordered. Was happy. Then received the following email:

"Date Ordered: Sunday 24 January, 2021

The comments for your order are: Ammo restrictions: At this time we are not selling or shipping ammunition to residents of Hawaii, Alaska, Massachusetts, New York State, Washington DC, New Jersey (non-hollow point and shotgun shells are allowed), California, Chicago Illinois and within 50 miles of Chicago or any location that requires air shipment. ADDED 08/10/2020: Due to public safety and liability issues We will not sell or ship to any area deemed to be unsafe due to protests such as Portland Oregon or within 50 miles of Portland Oregon. The same applies to any large city where protests are not peaceful, demanding de-funding police, and or it has a high rate of gun violence such as Detroit, Seattle etc and within 50 miles of those locations.

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Canceled"

The new cancel culture; you live near rioting freaks, no ammo for you! :confused:

Last Edited:
So in cases where mass civil unrest exists you can't defend your life or family??

Solid logic bro.
I would have to "guess" their legal guy told them to CYA. If some big city decides to go after them with basically unlimited funds, against some small outfit who has to pay for their own lawyers? They would be out of business as soon as the paper work started. I sure do not like it but, look how many thousands of small business's have already been put into bankruptcy. Most voters have yawned and made it clear they could care less.

or it has a high rate of gun violence such as Detroit, Seattle etc and within 50 miles of those locations.
Say WHAT? Seattle has a "high rate of gun violence?" And is mentioned in the same sentence as Detroit (hey, I did grow up in Detroit, still love The D, still go back all the time, but really?)?

So if I live in the West Sound area, and it's over 50 miles to drive to Seattle, even though it's only less than 10 miles across the Sound as the crow flies... what does this company go by?

Folks need ammo BECAUSE these places are unsafe! Oh well, take yer money elsewhere. That's what I do at least. Much obliged for bringing this to our attention.

Last Edited:
Imagine the online shopping chaos that will ensue if Oregon ditches State premption law for firearm related restrictions. No soup for many of you!

tenor.gif

While I'm not condoning their shipping practices, it is their business and they can run it as they wish. You also can vote with your checkbook. Shipping ammo is a bit of a bugaboo, first there are all the laws, rules and restrictions. Then there is the morality, I only want to sell ammo to the "good" guys but how do you tell and who gets to make that decision?

Yuge Update!

Went to bed shortly after posting. I'd sent an email:

"Hello,

Didn't see the "Added 08/10/2020..." on the site before joining and ordering.

Are there any exceptions to your shipping/sales policy? If so let me know if there's anything I can do.

Forty year wheelgunner and NRA member I never thought I'd be considered unsafe to buy ammunition.

Regards,"

This morning got a response. Not going to cutnpaste as it's actually not a spam but a real response. In short it's a greeting and "nothing personal", followed by a salty and accurate assessment of the situation in Portland. :D Followed by a request for me to verify I'm an NRA member, and if I do they'll take my order.

Happy again.

What a time to be alive, eh?

Yuge Update!

Went to bed shortly after posting. I'd sent an email:

"Hello,

Didn't see the "Added 08/10/2020..." on the site before joining and ordering.

Are there any exceptions to your shipping/sales policy? If so let me know if there's anything I can do.

Forty year wheelgunner and NRA member I never thought I'd be considered unsafe to buy ammunition.

Regards,"

This morning got a response. Not going to cutnpaste as it's actually not a spam but a real response. In short it's a greeting and "nothing personal", followed by a salty and accurate assessment of the situation in Portland. :D Followed by a request for me to verify I'm an NRA member, and if I do they'll take my order.

Happy again.

What a time to be alive, eh?

Take your money else where, find a company that supports the 2nd.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top