JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so i have no doubt that the grand majority of people here are not fans of Obama but with the international view of the US going up in flames i think people should be flocking to defend our appearance as a strong nation. im not happy with Obama as our president but i think that we need to come together to show other nations we will be who we are whether they like it or not. i started a petition on whitehouse.gov, if you agree with me please sign and pass it on. <broken link removed>

I don't agree with your petition.

Yes, we must stand behind our leader, whoever is elected to run the office. This is what our Constitution is all about, this is how this country is supposed to work. Then they go or get voted out.

However, Putin is best ignored. He hired the Ketchum PR agency to write the NYT article on his behalf; reacting on anti-American propaganda only brings people's attention to it.

youre not wrong but the reason i made the petition is because the anti-american propaganda has already made its way to over 2000 signatures on more than one petition there. even if it makes it past the 150 signature threshold people still may not believe i am not an Obama supporter but i felt it was worth saying.

I can't sign your petition,
Idk how putin craps on his people but
obama has sicced the irs on some of his enemies &
he has likely done worse, we just haven't heard about it All yet. He
has built a cabinet of criminals to support his escapades and I might just vote for
Putin in the next election, he seems to be quite a leader.

im sorry but its not about standing behind Obama, its about standing behind the US and our way of life. the petition only mentions Obama. in the most basic explanation, its saying this is our home and we will be who we want to be, not who Putin feels we should be.

Thumbs down on this one.

All opinions should be heard not only what our mis-leaders have to say. We the People are not really a factor anymore either; we have no say. Our delusion of freedom and 'voting' says we do, but we do not. Our Oligarch owners do as they please, always. At some point (Internet II) they will do away with contrary opinions and statements so enjoy them while you can.

Those that do not depend on others to filter truth for them can cope.

You cannot pick and choose what parts of the Constitution you support, or support none of it but a few amendments.

Until Obama leaves the office or gets impeached he is your President, he performs diplomatic functions and controls the Armed Forces on your behalf. You can hate and disrespect him personally all you want, but sabotaging his authority without any due process is disrespecting this country and its Constitution, plain and simple.

Putin's article should be taken in the proper context and ignored. The issue does not deserve an escalation.

Thumbs down on this one.

All opinions should be heard not only what our mis-leaders have to say. We the People are not really a factor anymore either; we have no say. Our delusion of freedom and 'voting' says we do, but we do not. Our Oligarch owners do as they please, always. At some point (Internet II) they will do away with contrary opinions and statements so enjoy them while you can.

Those that do not depend on others to filter truth for them can cope.

this will be one of the very few times i disagree with you Burt but if you consider the recall results in Colorado, even it would say your wrong this time. votes and contrary opinions do matter.

still no birth cert, and the one given has been proven to be a fraud so,,,,

any one elected to office who violtates said constitution and bill of rights is NOT my leader he is not my President

if you feel you should stand by some one who violates the constitution and bill of rights, then by all means do so
BUT remember you are siding with the people who want to enslave you and you are a servant and not a master at that point!

the only person who can contorl your freedom is you..

You cannot pick and choose what parts of the Constitution you support, or support none of it but a few amendments.

Until Obama leaves the office or gets impeached he is your President, he performs diplomatic functions and controls the Armed Forces on your behalf. You can hate and disrespect him personally all you want, but sabotaging his authority without any due process is disrespecting this country and its Constitution, plain and simple.

Putin's article should be taken in the proper context and ignored. The issue does not deserve an escalation.

I am happy to see some of the posts here, I was not sure if this group would see that standing behind one part of our system should imply you stand behind the who thing. I am not a fan of President Obama, however, we must respect the office.

As for Putin, he is doing exactly what is in the best interest of Russia and his own buddies, keeping the Middle East unstable. Means higher oil prices and more money for the big wigs in Russia. Anyone who thinks Putin has anything on anyone is delusional, or may I suggest looking up:The Dunning-Kruger effect

Its a great explanation as to how there are some many international political experts on the internet.

Here is Obama's birth certificate:
<broken link removed>

any one elected to office who violtates said constitution and bill of rights is NOT my leader he is not my President

If you demand due process when it comes to arresting or searching you, you must demand due process when it comes to finding POTUS to be in violation of the Constitution. Such process exists and is called "impeachment" - until Obama gets impeached, leaves or dies, he will remain the leader of the nation, his international reputation will be projected on each and every US citizen, we will all share collateral damage to the American diplomatic power that will result from sabotaging/undermining his authority.

In short: leave the dirty clothes home, and respect the office once held by Washington, Lincoln, Kennedy, Reagan. Poisoning of Syrian civilians has nothing to do with Obama's personal stance on gun control. He needs to act in our country's best interests, members of the Congress should give him feedback on what those interests are (based on their own judgment or our direct calls / e-mails if needed), and then we all need to support the decision.

This is a military operation we are talking about. It is, in fact, a mini-war. Wars demand subordination once decisions are made, not endless political bickering. If a war is serious enough, deserters and traitors can be shot on the spot. This is not as dramatic, but trying to hurt Uncle Sam's geopolitics to score a few points before the next elections is a short-sighted thing and borderline treason in my book - regardless of anyone's assessment of Obama's presidency (a failure of epic proportions, if you ask me).

if you feel you should stand by some one who violates the constitution and bill of rights, then by all means do so
BUT remember you are siding with the people who want to enslave you and you are a servant and not a master at that point!

the only person who can contorl your freedom is you..

Who needs a "birth certificate" He got a scholarship to a prestigious college and I'm 100% sure he also signed a paper that certified he was a Foreign (non-US born) Citizen? I bet it also says "under penalty of perjury" yada yada Sure sounds like a Felony to me.

Why not? The supreme court does (5-4 anyways). It picks and chooses. The President picks and chooses. Eric Holder picks and chooses. Our Senators pick and choose. Our states pick and choose. Even our counties pick and choose.

The Constitution is not the law of the land. Nor are the Bill of Rights. A county in a state can pick and choose what it wants and call it an ordnance.

does no one understand? the petition is not about standing behind Obama, its about standing against foreign interference in our politics.

Where have you been?
Foreign interference in our politics is a weekly occurrence, as is the U.S. in other countries.
I'm guessing that this time is different for many, because finally our President's ineptness is so glaring, as is that of his Administration.
He got his you know what handed to him, and that in and of itself made our nation look silly.
You know what else is making our nation look inept? Obama and his Administration's corrupt IRS, The United States Attorney General's office, i.e. Fast & Furious to only name one issue, then there is Benghazzi, Obama handing out "get a free pass" on Obama Care to major Unions, and I can go on and on.

again, its not about Obama. international views are being directed at the American people more than our president. nations that are separated fall in all the hard ways, then all of the rights all of you hold so dear will mean nothing when a new form emerges. the petition is meant as a show of solidarity, not about saving face for Obama. i am not an Obama supporter nor am i happy with anything he has done other than backing off when it would have meant major war but allowing other nations to make Americans into villains of the world puts us in an incredibly dangerous situation. we do enough vilifying of ourselves, we dont need others inflaming truths and using our history to paint a picture of who we are today.

Please tell us who, and describe how somebody is sabotaging the current office of President?

The Tea Party, also known as "the fifth column": Tea party-linked lawmakers shun strike on Syria - Washington Times

What's the proper context in your opinion?

Putin does not publish articles in the New York Times out of boredom or having nothing else to do. He is protecting the Russian geopolitical interests in the region, their ally (Assad), military base and long-term contracts. He is attempting to apply pressure on the White House and Congress through propaganda directed at ordinary Americans, hoping that they do not have enough background on the matter and can be fooled by flashy lines like "American exceptionalism is wrong since God created us all equal", etc.

Meanwhile, Putin's message to its own nation is completely opposite: This Quote Shows How Hypocritical Putin Was In Criticizing American Exceptionalism - Business Insider

How is it, or can it be escalated?

It can be escalated by signing the petition that the OP created, forcing the White House to provide additional comments on the article. If the society starts to spend time and attention discussing Putin's propaganda, his mission is accomplished. He cannot be censored (the 1A still stands) but he is best ignored.

Thanks for asking.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads