JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These two got shot in the head,didn't see if it was front or back,likely by surprise.
ANY of us,yes any, could have this happen with ,like me,a g20 with 14 rounds,in the holster.
IF you go alone and don't keep your head on a swivel.Situational awareness.
So if you have to go alone then meet at the box store,if you are buying an older car that doesn't run,take a few buddies so someone is always watching

These two got shot in the head,didn't see if it was front or back,likely by surprise.
ANY of us,yes any, could have this happen with ,like me,a g20 with 14 rounds,in the holster.
IF you go alone and don't keep your head on a swivel.Situational awareness.
So if you have to go alone then meet at the box store,if you are buying an older car that doesn't run,take a few buddies so someone is always watching

My guess is that since no one reported gun shots, that they agreed to meet him somewhere other than a well-populated area. That is something I simply won't do. Even a punk a$$ like this loser is highly unlikely to pop someone with a bunch of witnesses around. I'm curious what the meeting location was - I know they were found near a lake, with their car in the lake - but did the crime happen there?

Maybe a good time for all of us to educate and assist those who we may know who might be, say, 'less experienced' than the rest of us to the potential scams and dangers of dealing on the internet - or intervening and physically helping out with meetups, talking with internet 'strangers' etc.

I have went along several times with friends who do not carry or are babes as far as self defense goes. I agree, but I make the rules. I like to take one or two of the boys with me as well . No matter how hard they try not to,they just ooze military vet, their bearing and attitude all say, " Do not f with me"and they all carry. We usually set up in a triangular fashion on the subject(s) or the item we are looking at, obvious of cross fire. One of us does the deal, the other two just stand there and watch, with their sunglasses on and hands in their coat pockets, heads on a swivel. They got out of Iraq and Afghanistan unscratched, and those survival behaviors never go away.

These old folks made mistakes, but should never pay with their life. Buying a classic car from somebody, is usually a good experience. I want the VIN and license number of the car before I go, I want to check the VIN out for accuracy. Going to meet in a lot,during the daylight hours, with plenty of people around. Criminals can be very convincing. My gigs put me in contact with a lot of them on a daily basis , and I can usually see right thorough any BS story they try to put up.

I have went along several times with friends who do not carry or are babes as far as self defense goes. I agree, but I make the rules. I like to take one or two of the boys with me as well . No matter how hard they try not to,they just ooze military vet, their bearing and attitude all say, " Do not f with me"and they all carry. We usually set up in a triangular fashion on the subject(s) or the item we are looking at, obvious of cross fire. One of us does the deal, the other two just stand there and watch, with their sunglasses on and hands in their coat pockets, heads on a swivel. They got out of Iraq and Afghanistan unscratched, and those survival behaviors never go away.

These old folks made mistakes, but should never pay with their life. Buying a classic car from somebody, is usually a good experience. I want the VIN and license number of the car before I go, I want to check the VIN out for accuracy. Going to meet in a lot,during the daylight hours, with plenty of people around. Criminals can be very convincing. My gigs put me in contact with a lot of them on a daily basis , and I can usually see right thorough any BS story they try to put up.

I understand being safe and prepared, but honestly, if I met up with you for a sale and you and your buds spread out on me like that, my spidey sense would tell me to get out before we ever had our conversation. I understand you're making a statement and trying to be safe, but that can probably scare off legitimate folks too, especially if they don't already know you.

I am usually pretty straight forward when I talk to anybody I meet. I explain I like to meet in public places, and I will have usually one other person with me, since I have had bad experiences in the past. Everybody usually seems to understand, I have not had any push back at all. The boys will not be aggressive in stance or anything, looking at their phones as all 30's do, but one eye on the deal.

Criminal intent is usually pretty clearly telegraphed by body language and behavior, clothing style, ours is clearly not like that. I understand your spidey sense coming up and that is good, better to be that way than not. We don't deal in firearms that way at all, it is usually other stuff, so that takes some of the pressure off.

Smugglers Blues by Glenn Frey..." You got to carry weapons cause you always carry cash.."

19890's music reset.......

I do my deals where there are cameras and make it known to the seller. I also carry a gun for my own protection. Plus I leave a trail to follow for the family should I be killed. Including phone numbers I called and which sites I got the deal from. I give an expected time of my return and never meet after dark.

I leave the door open on my rig for cover and always park under the camera away from other rigs. I am careful, I know I can still be taken as I am not a super hero but the SOB is going to have to pay a price for the money he steals:mad:

One other thing I am now going to do is when the seller shows up I will call a friend and give him the sellers lic plate numbers.

Heck,JJ, you could even click a quick picture of the person and the piece being bought (whatever it is) saying the recipient is an expert on these/looking it up for you.
That should weed any bad seed out

Last Edited:
I am a firm believer in LOTS of communication before the meetup. Phone, Email etc. and I am always looking for consistency in the persons words. I'll get the person to talk about themselves, family & lifestyle and like I mentioned before and ANY inconsistency or lack of continuity with the seller and it's OFF - simple as that. I have read WAY too many accounts of bad FTF deals that could have been prevented by a little pre-qualifying and by simply not rushing into a deal.

Yea people are so hard up to sell stuff they will completely lower their guard. I wonder how the house where the suspects were played into this. Nothing was mentioned of it being owned or rented by the suspects. Possibly a vacant house used as a 'ruse' for the set up?

Thanks for the heads up Coastal. If I ever deal with you, I will have my friends in the C130~ circling of course with their shades on....:cool::cool::cool:

CoastRange57; My wife & I would like to personally thank your boys for protecting this country in which we live in. Our daughter { Marine} served 3 tours in Iraq, {she too oozes the military vet} She's got my back also. We are proud of her too, as you are of your boys. Many thanks. We have 4 children. All grown now 29-35, each one would defend our second amendment right, plus more.....

Last Edited:
CoastRange57; My wife & I would like to personally thank your boys for protecting this country in which we live in. Our daughter { Marine} served 3 tours in Iraq, {she too oozes the military vet} She's got my back also. We are proud of her too, as you are of your boys. Many thanks. We have 4 children. All grown now 29-35, each one would defend our second amendment right, plus more.....

You are welcome, and our thanks to your daughter and your family as well. After 3 tours, you know what families go thorough, especially with multiple deployments like you had to go through. We have 5 kids, 3 of them Marine vets, 28 to 32 yo. All home, all going / gone to college to get degrees, all homeowners. 1 LEO, 2 career firefighters. This kids, as I am sure your daughter has done, make us old guys look like big slackers at that age.

I have no worries about the future of our country, all these vets and a lot of their friends are well "prepared" and ready to defend that Constitution they swore to uphold and defend. When a family member joins the Marine Corps, you get the whole family as well.

Semper Fi.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top