Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

We talked about meeting people to buy / sell stuff....

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by CoastRange57, Jan 26, 2015.

1. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

And this is exactly why. People simply have to be aware and responsible for their own safety. If this was my parents, there would have been 20 questions about where you were going and who you were meeting and a dozen other things...but even at 69 I will still be a cynical non trusting old fool with a gun on me.

Fing piece of sh#t. I hope he burns slowly in hell.

TownsGeorgiacouple640.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/2...spect-in-case-missing-elderly-georgia-couple/

2. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Saw a news report that the old folkes took good steps to let people know who they were meeting. Hate to see this kinda crap go on but it will get worse with the lousy economy we have IMHO.

Doc In UPlace likes this.
  3. CoastRange57

I don't think the economy has anything to do with criminal shi#tbags like this committing a capital crime like murder. People that do crimes like this would do crimes instead of work a factory job any day of the week.

When we start standing these bastards up against the wall and blowing their brains out for doing these crimes, we might start seeing some deterrent to it.

BlindedByScience and Caveman Jim like this.
  4. Just Jim

I don't think there are enough jobs out there to even have a choice. I do agree that they need to hang those who do the crime, sooner rather than later.

spectra, Caveman Jim and CoastRange57 like this.
  5. 223to45

223to45 Whatcom Active Member

There are jobs out there, people just need to get off their bubblegum and work.

BlindedByScience and Stomper like this.
  6. Just Jim

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  7. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

We need tougher and swifter penalties.

You steal? You caught on video with clear evidence? Witnesses? Cut your hand(s) off.

You beat/rape/kidnapped, etc, etc, etc.... Public caning. Public disembowelment. Public beheading.

Eye for an eye. Be swift. On to the next case!

If they won't change the laws and penalties, as the prisons get more populated, stack them 2, 3 (or more) to a cell. Let them fight for a bunk. If they get too full, tarp the entire building and gas it. Have the new arrivals clean out the bodies.

If we were more like the middle east, I would guarantee that crime would go down in a matter of a few months. People would see what happens and would be significantly more hesitant to commit crimes.

8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You mean like getting publicly shot for watching a soccer game on TV... that Middle East? o_O

9. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that. People need to know and take serious precautions with meeting people from
    sales lists like craigslist. The criminals have learned how to work the ads to rob steal, murder rape and about any other crime that you can think of. Take whatever precautions you can to protect yourself. The best defense is Don't be naive, Trusting and careless. Go to these meets at well populated areas where there are many people and let people know where you are going and take another person with you and be armed whenever possible and prepared.

I hope they slow torture the POS that did this one.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Good Lord ......... might as well just chop the old couples heads off before they meet the guy and then reward the perp with all his virgins.
    What an insane analogy. I am hoping you meant some place like Singapore, but even that is bad on all other segments of life there. I would not want to see even one grain of sand here that resembles anything in the middle east.

We have a good country, what we have is a bunch of fluffy liberals running the place that won't lock these
    people up long enough to make a difference.

Caveman Jim and NoFlinch like this.
  11. AMT

Sorry, referring to more of Saudi Arabia, Turkey, etc. Thieves are dealt with swiftly and harshly. There is no p_ssyfooting around with courts and punishment.

12. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I get your sentiment, but if you are "set up" by someone manipulating the "system" you lack any protections or checks and balances.

Monica Cowles likes this.
  13. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Good steps to let people know who they were meeting?
    WTF was that gunna do?
    Taking those people with them may have been a better idea
    Or maybe meeting at the local box store? This ain't rocket surgery

Sgt Nambu, Caveman Jim and Stomper like this.
  14. AMT

Locking them up long enough? What? You mean the "ganglords" inside the prisons that are there on life sentences because the state doesn't have enough cojones to just put them to death "within a reasonable timeframe". 20-30-40 years is not a reasonable timeframe.

We need tougher and swifter punishments for crimes. This country is caving in to the criminals. Bad guy breaks into your house. You shoot to defend. Bad guy lives. Bad guy hires an attorney and takes you, your family and your next-of-kin for everything you have. The criminals are getting more and more laws passed in their favor.

When does it end? When will the bad guys get punished swiftly and harshly? Slapping someone on the wrist for murder does absolutely nothing.....

BlindedByScience likes this.
  15. AMT

Sorry OP. Didn't mean to derail this horrible thing that happened to these people.

16. CoastRange57

It is an emotional topic. I posted it so we could revisit a situation that was laid out when an individual laid out a set up scenario at a Fred Meyer parking lot, and we discussed it at length, it seemed like a good reset.

Caveman Jim and IheartSig like this.
  17. Just Jim

Got the guy caught is what it did. If people are unwilling to protect themselves at least they should tell kin where to look for their bodies. It's just what they did.

mjbskwim likes this.
  18. CoastRange57

Telfair County Sheriff's Office
    19 hrs ·
    Press Release Jan 27, 2015
    Today an autopsy examination conducted by the GBI Crime Lab in Atlanta on two bodies recovered from a wooded area in rural Telfair County, allowed investigators to positively confirm their Identities.
    They are the bodies of Elrey “Bud” Runion and his wife June E. Runion. The cause of death has been determined to be Gunshot wounds to the head of both victims.
    Also today, Investigators obtained warrants for Ronnie Adrian Towns, 28 year old white male, charging him with the Murder and Armed Robbery of Elrey “Bud” Runion and his wife June Runion of Cobb County Ga.
    Mr. Towns Will be arraigned later today at the Telfair County Courthouse.

19. CoastRange57

It was IheartSig's thread on the Fred Meyer sketchy meet up. My old brain does not do details quite as well.

20. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

It WAS! And they were for sure shady and up to no good. Stories like this, unfortunate and sad as they are, should be a reminder to us all.