JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMO it's one of the better WW2-era bolt action rifles...
I'm gonna take the controversial opinion that it's generally better than the K98k. It's a bit lighter, more compact, bolt is much simpler to take apart, magazine system is a little better as well. Also has better sights.

Family portrait

95D13E9E-C476-481A-BF95-0939164FDDF2.jpeg

This one is older than C&R as it's serial number indicates 1887 production. A 1885 Winchester High Wall in .219 Ackley Improved, and built in PO Ackley's shop.
I bought this yesterday at the OAC show and it's got a 26" full octagon barrel, single set trigger, 20x Lyman Super Targetspot scope, and came with 9 boxes of loaded ammo, and 6 boxes of new primed brass! Serial number in the 79xx range.

uZCo6N1l.jpg
hqScJ2kl.jpg

This one is older than C&R as it's serial number indicates 1887 production. A 1885 Winchester High Wall in .219 Ackley Improved, and built in PO Ackley's shop.
I bought this yesterday at the OAC show and it's got a 26" full octagon barrel, single set trigger, 20x Lyman Super Targetspot scope, and came with 9 boxes of loaded ammo, and 6 boxes of new primed brass! Serial number in the 79xx range.

View attachment 891310
View attachment 891311
Scope's not long enough, you'll be lucky to hit anything on a pistol range :D

View attachment 891310
View attachment 891311
Beautiful!....

No body told ME the OAC show was back!!??? Dang. I'm 7 minutes from there.

Next one is June 20th. If you are a member they send you emails of changes, or updates.
I guess I should join. I've said the reason I don't join is because then that great organization would miss out on my TWO DOLLARS every month! :D
I've done a lot of talking to and learning from, business with some, and consider a couple/three of the regulars my friends.

By joining you get a savings on entry if you attend most shows. But you also get the quarterly newsletter and updates via email if you add your email to your registration. You wont get any other emails, as OAC doesn't use it for anything except updates. I've been a member for decades, and always have two tables all year, although I mostly display my old single shot rifles, and rarely have any for sale.

By joining you get a savings on entry if you attend most shows. But you also get the quarterly newsletter and updates via email if you add your email to your registration. You wont get any other emails, as OAC doesn't use it for anything except updates. I've been a member for decades, and always have two tables all year, although I mostly display my old single shot rifles, and rarely have any for sale.
Well I've certainly perused your tables then.

Re post #596.

Well, shux, foxe, I've actually got FOUR Mausers [getting old is a real bummer]. This is a 1937-made Mauser ES350B - the top-of-the-line sporting .22cal rifle of that era. The scope is a 1950's Ajack x2.5 on Apel high see-through mounts.

1635708565458.png
As I have it out right now, here's an up-close view -
1635708687561.png
...and a couple more Ajack scopes, in case I get fed up with the German post reticle that's currently on it...
1635708819877.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads