JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorta, kinda' C & R.
Mid sixties Gibbs No. 7 Jungle Carbine.
These were modified Ishapore Mk. II A's and were manufactured in 7.62 NATO as opposed to .303 British.
While not a true J/C, the 7.62 is a more practical round for me to stock. I had it re-parked and I fitted a new forearm and did the wood.

20190805_182136.jpg

My M1 Carbine from Royal Tiger is finally cleaned up. It was filthy dirty and I spent hours cleaning it. To the stock I applied five coats of boiled linseed oil and it didn't turn out too bad even with all the bumps and bruises. Inland 1944 with a National Postal Meter Stock and the internals are mostly Inland with a few NPM parts mixed in.

1D21A148-9F6E-49B4-8B24-F51C9C024CC4.jpeg 7A1C5AC8-F04D-441E-88FE-D67166C24592.jpeg C273758E-4FDB-42B4-8E57-F984C2D0A390.jpeg

I have an British 303 Enfield SMLE, I am told it is a 'Mk4 No.1 f ' which are government cut downs of regular Mk 4s lightened and used in the Korean conflict.
Who knows? But I have it camo'd and is fun to shoot or use in heavy brush hunting with 180 or 215 gr heavy bullet. The rifle does not appear to be just a sportsterized .303

20200711_162656.jpg

Last Edited:
The M1941 Johnson rifle or it's variants has been seen in the following per www.imfdb.org/wiki/M1941_Johnson_rifle

Film
Title Actor Character Note Date
The Domino Principle ? Unknown Assassin With sniper scope 1977
Assembly (Ji jie hao) Baoqiang Wang, Jiang Maocai 2007
Assembly (Ji jie hao) Baoqiang Wang, Nationalist Chinese sniper With sniper scope 2007
My Brother Name Shun Liu, Baoqiang Wang Shun Liu With sniper scope 2009
Captain America, The First Avenger, Sebastian Stan Sgt. James "Bucky" Barnes With sniper scope, portrayed as bolt action rifle 2011
Cold Steel (Bian di lang yan) Mingxiang Guo Major Masaya With sniper scope 2011

Thr acknowledged "Best of all Lugers" Is the Swiss Luger, and of those, the best was the 6/29, that being the last run of this type. The caliber is 7.65 x 21 with the cartridge itself being of the bottleneck design.
This particular one is absolutely mint inside and out And came to me with two original issue magazines, the original manual, original cleaning kit, Original issue holster serial numbered to the pistol And the original register showing the officer to whom it was issued and the date it was returned to the armory.
The Hawkeye Pro borescope shows it to be virtually unfired With no throat wear whatsoever and a shiny bore with sharp lands and grooves. Unlike the German Lugers, The Swiss Luger functions flawlessly and cycles perfectly every single time.
No import marks whatsoever

Luger 003.JPG Luger 005.JPG Luger004_zps015dd8df.jpg Luger005_zps2b75d1b8.jpg

So ugly it's actually kinda beautiful. By the way, the upper handguard isn't missing; the very early cavalry carbines didn't have them. This is evidenced by the barrel band lacking a lip that would go over a handguard at the front and the rear sight lacking the notches a handguard would lock into at the back.

38CDBF24-5CDB-4CF4-9AE1-FD1DC4E29BE6.jpeg

I picked up this C&R pistol and I am so pleased that I did. It is a Polish Radom P-64 Makarov Pistol. 9x18 caliber. Mine is from 1973. Marching mag and frame serial numbers.
Very small considering and even though the sights are simply a grooved receive it is surprisingly accurate.

Have used both commercial and reloads. It is heavy for its size and kicks like a mule, Makes a great pocket concealed firearm.

I have it loaded with Lehigh Defense 95 gr Xtreme Penetrators . It had a horrendous double-action trigger. I did a change of the spring with Wolff and much better but this is less of an issue for me as I have used a 1911a1 for 45 years and I am like "a horse heading for the barn" treating any pistol as single-action.

P64-1.jpg P64-2.jpg P64-3.jpg P64-4.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class