JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rear view of action - ES350B -

upload_2018-12-26_14-49-27.png

Between 1924 and 1939, Mauser made over 160,000 of their .22 rifles of all kinds. The total of their new-from-scratch, as opposed to conversions of older actions, is not know, but is estimated to have been around 225,000. That figure slowed down as they ramped up for totla re-armament of the Wehrmacht, licensing out to many other makers using the factory code system.

When the rifle of which this is the stock came out of the damp gunsafe where it had lived for about 20 years, it looked like ***t. About three weeks later, and untold bits of strangely-shaped wood, and bits of sandpaper wrapped around spoon handles, door knobs and tyre levers had been applied, it looks like this -

upload_2018-12-26_22-6-10.png upload_2018-12-26_22-7-25.png
upload_2018-12-26_22-8-12.png

I'd do it again, but only if my life depended on it....

TAC.... joined this site to compliment you on your ms350b. not a real available rifle - only in England on their Guntrader. IF you ever decide to 'part' with your rifle, I would love to have a 'shot at it.' I have the es350b, would like the 'holy grail' if given the chance. take care. beautiful gun.

Ah, Mr Watchful72, your compliments are sadly misplaced, I regret to say. Mine is the ES350B, and not the VERY RARE MS....

Anyhow, I'm glad that your curiosity got you here. We are, on the whole, quite a friendly bunch of like-minded people and I'm sure that you'll have something to contribute to the general mayhe- fund of knowledge!

So, welcome!

What a day!!!!!! The much-loved Ian Mac on his 'Forgotten Weapns' Youtube site has posted a 20-minute article on the Boer War Mausers, and, as ever, it is full of interesting snippets of information about this extremely embarrassing [for everybody except the Boers] and far-away conflict that took so many lives. He shows a rifle and a carbine, and it is here that things get interesting. Y'see, that carbine, made by DWM, is only THREE away from mine! - the last 2000 were made in July of 1897.

Here is the Youtube movie from Ian - go to 9:35 to see 'his' - this is the still from that movie, BTW -

upload_2019-1-5_15-12-43.png

and here is mine -

upload_2019-1-5_15-15-13.png

Note how mine is ruined by having the BNP stamp...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Just thought it might raise some interest.

Addendum - a poster over on gunboards.com, Slim Kerel, has told us that he has 6334, and also lives in yUK. I've axed him if he's interested in a photo-meet.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads