JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For the 2nd time in as many weeks (2) I have been the victim of unseasonable low water in the rivers around my home. I have never seen it this bad in the 20 + yrs I have been here. :s0131: Today was almost a horror story and will just leave it at that. I need to take it easy till there is way more water in the rivers.

Be careful out there ladies and gents.

There's almost no snowpack in the Cascades. Think I read there was barely enough snow for the snowshoe tours at Crater Lake.

We got the rain yesterday - in the valley at least. I would assume we got it in the coastal range too. The forecast was for some good snow in the mountains too.

I haven't seen the coastal mountains yet - they have been obscured or it has been dark when I drive down 26 going home. Last year there was noticeable snow on the east sides.

Last I read we were about 6 to 7 inches behind normal, which is not horrible but not particularly good either. We will probably catch up as we are back in our normal weather pattern now for this time of year.

The snowpack is pretty dismal so far. We will probably catch up.. the last few years have seen similar patterns, and 11 and 12 ended up being higher than normal packs, after dry starts.

The problem with getting big late season dumps, instead of a nice even deposition over fall and winter, is that it doesn't get a chance to pack down. The first rains of spring come, and it's still loose, less consolidated snow sitting on the rock and glacier, the rain basically washes it all away.

So even with higher than normal snowpacks, glacial recession continues, and the skiing still sucks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top