JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There's been a couple threads urging you to write your representatives. A friend led me to a website that takes all the research and guess work out of it.

<broken link removed>

Simply click on the link, and a form opens that allows you to write, or copy and paste, a message to the President, your State Senators, AND your Representatives, with on click of the mouse.

It only takes 2 or 3 minutes. We are in a heated fight for our rights and individual liberties. The only way to win is through relentless public pressure.

Please take a few minutes to fill this out! Repeat daily. Repeat daily. Repeat daily.... and together we can overwhelm them with wave after wave of public pressure.

Have you been to a gun store in the last 2 weeks? Public pressure has been screaming at the top of its lungs. With new gun owners lining up at the gun counter 3-4 deep trying to buy anything they can afford.

I stood and watched it in a number of stores and its quite amazing.

Our gun club has added almost 50 new members in the last month our firearms education classes are full into the future and the phone is ringing off the hook.

Public pressure is being applied.

Absolutely right, everyone needs to be as vocal as possible right now. Write letters and emails to lawmakers - not just your local ones, encourage those from other states as well. Those letters tally up. Recognize that our 1st Amendment rights are under attack too! It's not easy sometimes, but do it while you can - speak up!

Send another letter!!

Feel free to copy and paste, then send to your reps using the link...

Hello,

I am writing you to encourage you to OPPOSE any gun legislation that would further erode our second amendment rights. Diane Feinstein is going to propose a reinstated Assault Weapons Ban that will destroy thousands of American jobs in the firearms sector, waste Government resources attempting to institute a National Firearm Registry, and bloat governments reach further into law abiding citizens lives.

Gun control has been proven in cities like Chicago to be ineffective and will only cause harm to legal gun owners. I would like to link you to this article that polled random people in America, including non gun owners, and determined that over %51 polled DID NOT support an Assault Weapons Ban.

Poll: 51 percent don

I would also like to remind you that in the wake of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, voters turned out in record numbers to vote out the Democratic majority that passed the law under President Clinton. I ask you to remember the voice of your constituents and see reason - an Assault Weapons Ban is NOT going to help our country and several studies have shown that the previous ban had ZERO affect on crime.

Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In 2004, a research report submitted to the United States Department of Justice and the National Institute of Justice found that should the ban be renewed, its effects on gun violence would likely be small, and perhaps too small for reliable measurement, because rifles in general, including rifles referred to as "assault rifles" or "assault weapons", are rarely used in gun crimes."

In conclusion, Feinstein's ban will destroy private sector American jobs, disenfranchise the voting public and lead to a further distrust in our Governments ability to effectively run our nation. A vote for this Assault Weapons Ban will result in me personally rallying support for your opponent in any further election and devoting ALL of my time and resources towards a more constitutionally friendly candidate.

Dear Rep Tomei,

As the father of an adult son who lives with mental illness, the awful tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut has a big impact on me. As a parent, I cannot imagine what those children and their families experienced and continue to endure. As a parent who sought help for my son for a whole decade as his symptoms developed, I know very well how difficult a road the mentally ill and their families travel.

Fortunately, after much suffering, my son was able to access some excellent services thanks to Cascadia and Multnomah County. Unfortunately, those services face financial constraints, at a time when demand is increasing.

I did think that we had a moment, after the horrible massacre last month, and the murders in Clackamas County, when some unity could have been achieved to secure much needed increased resources for mental health services. This would be a direct way to reduce violence , save lives, and immediately improve the quality of life for millions.

Unfortunately, the National and State legislative proposals to curb violence have focused exclusively on the divisive issue of gun control, specifically high capacity magazine and 'assault weapons' bans. It is hard for me to imagine how this magazine ban and moves against 'assault weapons' will have any impact, since literally tens of millions of these objects already exist and are in wide circulation. In contrast, increased funding for mental health services, as priority #1, would have an immediate impact. The mentally ill are far more likely to be the victims of violence rather than the perpetrators, but either way, everyone wins when health care is delivered.

Lastly, the drive for so-called 'gun control' allows partisans on both sides of this over-simplified issue to dig - in and avoid responsibilities for harm reduction, while engaging in political base-building. In this case, I fear that the losers will be the vast majority of people who have hopes for a safer society. I urge you to think outside the box and walk a new path based of relieving suffering through the much-needed expansion of mental health care funding, and see if we can bridge the useless partisanship developing around these national tragedies.

Regards,

sending.. sending again... and will send more!
I want my reps to know my name from all the letters I send!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mail bomb them.
Email them.
Call them.

Not just once! but again and again!

There IS another way to cripple the anti gun works, STOP BUYING HUNTING and FISHING LICENSES, seriously, i read this in a posting from a guy in NY, he said, they use a lot of the hunting/fishing proceeds for a lot of other state operations. By doing this, you can keep the money out of the WRONG hands. Ask around.

I think what is being said here can't be said enough. Write letters, make phone calls, saturate the Government with our thoughts on their actions. Don't forget to contact your State as well as Federal elected officials. I try daily to use the automated letter systems set up by Ruger and the NRA ILA., and of course I now use this new site at the top of this post. I then pick one official and send that person a personal e-mail. Is my grammar perfect? Heck no. I just try to stay focused, polite and use spell check. Takes about 30 minutes a day which in the scheme of all the days I have enjoyed shooting isn't much.

Ruger:
Ruger - Protect Your Rights

NRA ILA
NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps

There IS another way to cripple the anti gun works, STOP BUYING HUNTING and FISHING LICENSES, seriously, i read this in a posting from a guy in NY, he said, they use a lot of the hunting/fishing proceeds for a lot of other state operations. By doing this, you can keep the money out of the WRONG hands. Ask around.

Hah. These pay for very little. I've done a FOIA request for hunting/fishing licenses. Yes, there are lots of them (in Oregon at least,) but they're so cheap they don't fund much of anything. And if you DO forego them, don't hunt/fish. Getting caught poaching will add far more to the state coffers than a few hunting and fishing licenses would...

Auto mated letter systems like Ruger's are better than nothing. But your own letter is the most effective. Keep it under 150 words MAX. Be polite, suggest a positive alternative to gun bans etc. Here's how to find you state and federal reps (make sure you contact your state rep and senator!):

<broken link removed>

Auto mated letter systems like Ruger's are better than nothing. But your own letter is the most effective. Keep it under 150 words MAX. Be polite, suggest a positive alternative to gun bans etc. Here's how to find you state and federal reps (make sure you contact your state rep and senator!):

<broken link removed>

Definitely be polite. Remember, the Oregon State Legislature is just barely Democratic-controlled, and there are gun-friendly Democrats in the legislature. If they get polite requests, we can hope to keep them gun-friendly, rather than cow-towing to the anti-gun extremists among the party. All it takes is for 2-3 of the gun-friendly Democrats to vote pro-gun, and we're good. Don't give them excuses to dismiss gun owners as "blathering right-wing extremists", let them know that gun owners come from all walks of life, and all political persuasions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top