JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We need advice in Oregon how to sell +10 family estate handguns within OR without using FFL gov't forms. What shouldn't we do? is the main thing. I'm not knowledgeable about guns (my wife knows more, and is a much better shot than I am). Thanks for your help.

Perhaps you should post on the 'new member' board. Get acquainted with the members here and gain comfort prior to announcing what you are trying to sell off.
What shouldn't you do? How many sites have you posted this same question on?
I'm sorry if I seem harsh but for a first post on any site I find this questionable.
Wifey

I would first determine the number of guns for sale that would constitute a "gun show" here in Oregon (I believe it is over 25). If you are below the threshold amount then you are able to sell the guns at an estate sale if you wish (carrying all the normal criteria for a private transaction), or advertise online through a forum such as this, or possibly in a newspaper (if the particular periodical allows this). However since the firearms are not your own, it may be a good idea to call them all in to check against records to be sure none are stolen. Even though the possibility is extremely low, it can give you the assurance when selling that you have nothing to worry about down the road.

Hope that helps

According to Federal Law for a face to face sale you have to sell to an Oregon resident. There might be a minimum age requirement for handguns in your state, you should check that out. I think going through an FFL would be cleaner because they can ensure that the buyer passes a background check. An FFL would be charging a fee to the buyer, you should not be paying a fee. If you sell to an out of state buyer an FFL would have to do the transfer for the buyer. You can ship a handgun via UPS or Fed Ex via air freight. Some FFL's will not take a shipment from a non-FFL, so that is something else to think about. Since you are not familiar with firearms law I think using an FFL for a face to face or out of state sale would be the safest bet for you.

First you should buy the 33RD edition of Gun Values, this will give you an idea of the firearms value. If you go to any gun shop, FFL or pawn they'll try to get the guns at the lowest price (steal). If you go armed with knowledge of the guns value you're less likely to get taken.
If I were you, I'd try to sell them yourself, it is within the laws for you to sell them to Oregon residents or out of State through a FFL.
Best of luck and sorry for your loss.

169649062.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top