JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The continual posting of conspiracy threads from the tinfoil crowd makes this site look kooky, which is not what firearm owners in the PNW need right now. :huh:

I suggest we need a private forum for members only, not visible unless you are logged in, where such threads can be moved when they pop up in general and legal forums. If this type of discussion is welcome (and it seems to be), at least have a place for it out of the public eye, rather than clogging up other forums.

There are multiple conspiracy threads right now on Boston, Newtown etc which have almost zero to do with guns.

Thoughts? :s0131:

Yes, because there never has been a conspiracy :rolleyes:

J Edgar Hoover seemed to believe there was one in progress.. he said

The mind boggles when it comes face to face with a conspiracy too monstrous to concieve of

Oh, and I am planning to pony up now that I have the bucks, this is a great forum

The continual posting of conspiracy threads from the tinfoil crowd makes this site look kooky, which is not what firearm owners in the PNW need right now.

There are multiple conspiracy threads right now on Boston, Newtown etc which have almost zero to do with guns.

I agree that those threads would be best kept in the members only section. Not to stop the discussions, but to comply with The Golden Rule of NorthwestFirearms.com

As a member of NorthwestFirearms.com, you are responsible for the public image of this community and of gun owners in general.

Conspiracy | Define Conspiracy at Dictionary.com
con·spir·a·cy [kuhn-spir-uh-see] Show IPA
noun, plural con·spir·a·cies.
the act of conspiring.
an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

Aren't you guys conspiring to move topics you don't agree with somewhere else? If you don't like a topic, act like a big boy and ignore it. Being politically correct will not get you any where with gun banners: they will hate you no matter how carefully you speak.

Why does this have to turn into an attack (suggesting I act like a big boy)?

I never said I disagreed with conspiracy posts. There are some discussions that gun-grabbers don't need to be privy to and we are suggesting that those discussions take place out of the public eye. It has nothing to do with being PC.

As for ignoring posts/threads/members, I do that all the time by not responding. I don't have any need for an ignore list because even those with different views add to conversations.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Wasn't meant as an attack, if it was taken as such, I'm sorry. What I meant was that we are all adults here with differing opinions and stifling discussion because you are afraid of how it makes us look doesn't do any good.

I have always thought those that bend one knee to every obvious lie and official story as being the ones that are 'kooky.'

I mean they believe the most ridiculous BS, contrary to science and incontrovertible facts. But apparently that is fine.

Without lies and manipulations do you believe any attack on the 2A could succeed, or that any entire city could have been under Martial Law last week? (Hard to believe I am typing that, it is all happening so fast). That there are not those that are tricking and deceiving you? Rather, everything the authorities and the boob tube are telling you is the raw truth without an agenda?

Damn kooky I say.

Maybe not, who knows ....

Wasn't meant as an attack, if it was taken as such, I'm sorry. What I meant was that we are all adults here with differing opinions and stifling discussion because you are afraid of how it makes us look doesn't do any good.

As I said "Not to stop the discussions" or stifling as you say. I also said "even those with different views add to conversations".

The OP made a suggestion and I added my 2cents.

While I do think there are some seriously :s0131: people here, it is a great forum. When I read posts that make me shake my head I just click the back button (as I am sure some do with me).

I think 8Ball has been contracted by the Illuminati to infiltrate our community over the course of several years and gain our trust in an attempt to silence us.

The truth is out there.

I agree that those threads would be best kept in the members only section. Not to stop the discussions, but to comply with The Golden Rule of NorthwestFirearms.com

As a member of NorthwestFirearms.com, you are responsible for the public image of this community and of gun owners in general.

Yup.

And the more vocal enjoy pushing outlandish conspitracies, the impending "war on progressives (and the like)", and using UN Soldier helmets as target practice.

These things don't come from the moderate, less vocal crowd, they come from the extreme side of things. A small group who post loudly on these topics. People openly break rules and mods do nothing. This is the community that some would foster here. It's a shame, but the largest OR/WA firearm forum looks from the outside as a haven for some fringe elements, whether true or not.

It's a shame.

Once we decide who to appoint as 'The Decider of What Is Allowed To Be Posted and Where' I think we should also require that same person decides what prices are allowable or not in the classifieds.

...or we can let the site owner and moderators decide what is allowed or not and participate in the threads we choose. ;)

Hi DW, could you give some minor specifics on how the site appears as you said from the outside?
Not picking on your post, but curious what specifics or evidence is out their or what outlandish conspiracies that may make the site look iffy ?

I think the site will never be everything to all people, but those are some strong words blanketing people and I think would justify some proof to those comments. After all people will read your posts too and if no one asks you what you mean ( like I am ) then it could be used to confuse and misdirect the meaning of the site when people question governmental motives and acts are only doing just that, questioning those in control.

Thanks

You deleted the part of my post that lists them.

You have been in similar threads. You've seen the "usual suspects". They are vocal, and spread it on in more controversial threads. Hell - you've had a thread complaining about some of it yourself, if I recall.

How about your thread arguing that anyone supporting a gun bill is guilty of treason? Not exactly what I am talking about, but it's an argument completely outside the realm of the facts.

How about this one?

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/off-topic/120223-human-conditioning.html

Believe nothing ever unless you see it?

Or this:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/off-topic/119556-common-cause-not-just-words-but-actions.html

Common cause?

You recognized similar problems, I believe - rule violations, personal attacks, etc.

I am not picking on you, but I know youhave been involved and posted threads not too dissimilar to my point. And I know you've been involved or at least read some of the threads and posts I am talking about.

It's all a package that lends a flavor to a forum.

Shoot - some have made some posts trying to think outside the box, spur creative discussion, etc - attacked and ridiculed as treasonists, cowards, etc. - all garbage, and all allowed. Hell, I've even had a mod take a personal swipe at me.

Awful small tent sometimes....

I know I push the limit but I'm sincere. You know what? I have altered my angle of viewpoint hundreds of times when people have crowded my existing comfort zone and revealed truth to me. Truths I had previously considered goofy...

You took my questioning completely out of context, I said I was not picking because you.
So I thought informing you I was asking a question not attacking you would get some answers. But you looked right past that and went on attack mode anyways. The part I deleted gave no source to your answers and that was what I am asking.
Do I make mistakes, yep and probably have in a post or two unintentionally. I also admit openly when I made an error or was handed information that cleared up something I made and error on.
Hey man sorry I asked you something, but if someone is debating with you does not mean they are taking a bat to you, in my case you presented something and I asked for a source. So just ignore I asked you a question !:rolleyes:

Wow.

Over react much?

You either didn't consider what I was saying, or didn't like the point I was making. If you think that was attack mode, you need to get out to more forums - or pay more attention to this one. You asked a question, I *know* you have been involved in some of the more - let's say - active threads in the last months, but could not or would not see it. Instead of searching a bunch of random posts to provide you with links, I used some of your threads to make my point out of convenience. Sorry if that made you uncomfortable and apparently defensive.

Edit: Here's a modest example I randomly found, not 15 seconds after hitting the submit button on this post.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/136023-those-who-dissent-terrorists-now.html

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top