JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a real life incident last night that was just strange as hell. I thought for sure there was a really good chance I was going to have to step up and dirt nap a bunch of people. Thankfully (I hope) they were just incredibly stupid.
so first off its 11:30ish pm last night, I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood, usually not much traffic at all that late at night. I'm laying in bed and just hear older v8 style engines blowing through the 4 way stop time after time and a lot more traffic than usual. So I start wondering what's up and if some crims are casing properties or what so I start keeping an eye out. Never did see much, but then I hear voices talking outside my window so I'm like alright, time to throw on the pants and get my gear on again its 11:30.
so I throw my pants on and grab my pistol and hand held flashlight, head downstairs and take a peak out the blinds all around, I have a pretty unobstructed view of the entire yard, everywhere except the garage. I don't see anything, so I check the tweaker peeker before opening the front door cause there's a little alcove someone could hide. All clear, so I head outside slowly and quietly creeping all clear so far. I'm out there about maybe 30 seconds to where I hear a car coming so I kinda crouch down behind a car to not be seen, two cars stop at the stop sign right under a street light, immediately at least three people come running across lawns (this was a few houses down from me) but they run right at me. They are all roughly Senior highschool aged kids, two were chasing one kid who I guess was hiding from them (probably the voice(s) I heard)
about 15-20' from me they stop and turn another direction to evade the captures and run back in the direction of the two cars. Seemingly a "tussle" breaks out I wouldn't call it a fight, just a struggle the whole thing seems really odd no one is really yelling for help or anything. There's about a total of six people in both cars out involved in the commotion I quickly take some photos and start video recording at this point. I can clearly hear them talking very loudly about "grab him, grab him" "put him in the trunk" I'm like "OH bubblegum!" this just went from weird to crap I can't let this happen.. So I quickly come up closer to them about 30' away and blast em with my monster custom ordered BLF Q8 flashlight on bright and I'm like "what the Phuq is going here? When really my dumb bubblegum should have said "stop show me your hands!" They all seemed to stop pretty quickly and told me there were playing some game called manhunt or fugitive one of those two, it looked like some had some Raspberry's on their faces at first but upon a closer look it was some face paint or something. The car in front took off pretty shortly after I confronted them. I'm telling these kids I'm calling the cops and the show me their phone which to me doesn't mean crap, I didn't really look at it all to hard. They claimed it was some group and they do this every year and the coos knew about it, they said the cops are right down the street and pointed. I was telling them "you don't see what this looks like? Its 11:30pm and its looks like your out here kidnapping people, Being extremely loud etc." "This is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.." They all pretty peacefully got back in the remaining car and left, I never once did hear anyone call out for help.

the entire time I was just thinking OK keep calm, safety off, and just squeeze if need be. Honestly we were all really to close for comfort but with all the homes surrounding I kinda wanted to right about where I was. Phuqin kids these days man...
i did call the police right after and quickly stated what was going on, in the middle of taking my name and addy I told her, if there's any charges or filings or whatever I don't want my info on the report. She didn't utter another single solitary thing and the dispatcher just immediately hung up. I was like "Oh ok. That's how it is." I kinda get it, but still. What a worthless system of civil protection we have. And honestly the "system" is way too effin stupid to be trusted fully. Don't watch tour back for one second or not second guess them and they gladly throw you and info under the bus and put a target square on your back.

anyway. That was my little saga last night. Glad I wasn't on the news. Although with the video footage and all I don't think it would have been much a trial at all, But who knows. Glad I didn't have to find out! Glad they didn't have to find out either. Glad I had a full mag of "high capacity" 16 rounds if need be.
I reckon different neighborhoods have different levels of risk.

In some of the big city neighborhoods, they would've been shooting at each other. Sounds like you just have some rambunctious kids in your area, and not the gang types. That's good.

Still, it's hard to tell these days. I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

I reckon different neighborhoods have different levels of risk.

In some of the big city neighborhoods, they would've been shooting at each other. Sounds like you just have some rambunctious kids in your area, and not the gang types. That's good.

Still, it's hard to tell these days. I'm glad it turned out the way it did.
We had a rash of car thefts and burglaries last year so that's why I initially was alert. We do have kids around as well, and thats also why I was concerned is I couldn't be sure some ones kid was maybe about to be taken. If they are kids not from our neighborhood I don't really want them here. We do have a private park just for the homes in our HOA.
No one wants more riff raff around. It's right at our doorstep, and knocking. I live in about that last little enclave of a decent area and surrounded by really crappy areas.

We had a rash of car thefts and burglaries last year so that's why I initially was alert. We do have kids around as well, and thats also why I was concerned is I couldn't be sure some ones kid was maybe about to be taken. If they are kids not from our neighborhood I don't really want them here. We do have a private park just for the homes in our HOA.
No one wants more riff raff around. It's right at our doorstep, and knocking. I live in about that last little enclave of a decent area and surrounded by really crappy areas.
Sure as hell sounds like the kids need to find a better way to have fun. They are going to get someone hurt. Stuff like this is one reason I am so big on camera systems. Damn things are amazingly cheap now days. Once set up its nice to be able to just look at your phone and see 360 around your place to see and hear what is out there. Now when I am trying to sleep and one of the dogs alarms I can just look and see if its something I can tell them to stop, or if I need to get up. Look into getting one. I know once I had the first one its one of those things I would never be without now.

I,m sorry but BULLSHT! To me something like this should be treated just like you shot some guy walking down the street. Some guy walking looks like a Bear? Unless the "hunter" forgot his glasses at home and is near blind the person did NOT look like a damn Bear. He shot "at" noise".
Real life incident:

Our family property lies on both sides of the year-round creek. There is a logging road (not ours) that runs through the side opposite the house, and all this is forested. We post our property with "No Trespassing" signs that included "No Hunting."

In the late 1970's, two trespassers were hunting on that part of the property. They met up and were talking, when one noticed something moving about 100 yards away. It was another trespassing hunter, who was wearing a blaze orange hat.

The first hunter raised his rifle and looked through the scope at the third hunter, then commented "it's a deer." The second hunter said, emphatically, "No, that's a man!" The first lowered the rifle, looked closer, then raised his rifle again and said "It's a deer." Then he shot. After shooting, he walked over to the body and stared at it for a few seconds, then turned and ran to his pickup and drove off, leaving his partner behind.

The partner walked to the nearest house and called 911. When the police showed up at the shooter's house, he denied everything. Eventually, he admitted the shooting and showed the police where he had thrown the rifle into the Willamette River, and it was recovered.

All this happened about 500 yards from our house. :eek:

I remember when I took metal shop in junior high school. My shop teacher witnessed where an oxygen tank in a oxy acetylene welding cart and the oxygen tank was not secure so the tank fell out and broke the regulator off and it shot through a wall.

No joy... Give us the Cliff Notes version...

1664917945893.png

Idiot lady almost shoots herself in the head trying to video her gun in the mirror while her child watches. Instead shoots the ceiling.
Thanks, Heretic. That explains why Farcebook took it down, then. Gun-related... can't have that. Must protect the sheople...

Thanks, Heretic. That explains why Farcebook took it down, then. Gun-related... can't have that. Must protect the sheople...
She literally parted her hair on one side with a pistol shot trying to look cool for a selfie. It was close enough to her left ear that she may well have damaged the hearing on that side. Too bad FB took it down, it was a great warning about being stupid and living to tell about it.

She literally parted her hair on one side with a pistol shot trying to look cool for a selfie. It was close enough to her left ear that she may well have damaged the hearing on that side. Too bad FB took it down, it was a great warning about being stupid and living to tell about it.
Man, I would love to be able to see that...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top