JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just had to try and find some of the pictures. Looking at that project could cause one to go do not smart things to the budget. Resist mid-life crisis I keep telling myself. Not sure which one I miss most. 65 mustang or 72 Bronco.
FIFY

20200216-205110.jpg

20200216-204533.jpg

Wish I could like my own post :cool:

This is what I call a "rolling restoration." Ex-USAF 1972 Ford Custom 500 Ranch Wagon. I bought this car in 1991. Currently at 174,000 miles. Since then, I've repainted it once, and it needs it again. Engine (351C) and trans (FMX) have been gone through once each. Upholstery has been done once.

P1010002.JPG

My decidedly not stock '68 Camaro. Purchased in 1998, finally on the road in 2015 (after multiple sporadic attempts to sell it), finally sorted out for a 7,000 mile cross-country road trip during the summer of 2019.

July 2019.jpg

Lord help me, there's a '67 RS/SS Camaro sitting in my house garage waiting for another resto-mod.

I am working on a 66 Nova hardtop. Almost finished with the mockup. Very very time consuming project. Couple of months from now it should be paint ready.

Funny thing is, back when I could afford an old muscle car, the one I really REALLY wanted was a 66 Charger ( still do) and that was it!
Found that Challenger while walking home from school, and everything changed! Little did I know what a rare car I had, and back when I got it, none of that really mattered, old muscle cars were everywhere, and nobody much cared what it might someday be worth! Turns out this one being a special order with some parts it should never have come with, makes it one of the rarest of all! I'm sure glad I saved it and saved everything, but man, it's getting risky to drive, and it still running its original engine, which would be very very hard to replace!
I really need to build an spare engine and rear axle so I can save the originals, though I still don't care that it's so damn rare, I'm never selling it, and my son never will ether after I'm gone, no matter how much it's worth!

I just had to try and find some of the pictures. Looking at that project could cause one to go do not smart things to the budget. Resist mid-life crisis I keep telling myself. Not sure which one I miss most. 65 mustang or 72 Bronco.

View attachment 660818View attachment 660819
Absolutely Love those first gen Broncos, especially done up in that early style, and those Slot Mags, such a classic look! Would love to find a set of those big uns for my CJ2A, would really look awesome!

Funny thing is, back when I could afford an old muscle car, the one I really REALLY wanted was a 66 Charger ( still do) and that was it!
Found that Challenger while walking home from school, and everything changed! Little did I know what a rare car I had, and back when I got it, none of that really mattered, old muscle cars were everywhere, and nobody much cared what it might someday be worth! Turns out this one being a special order with some parts it should never have come with, makes it one of the rarest of all! I'm sure glad I saved it and saved everything, but man, it's getting risky to drive, and it still running its original engine, which would be very very hard to replace!
I really need to build an spare engine and rear axle so I can save the originals, though I still don't care that it's so damn rare, I'm never selling it, and my son never will ether after I'm gone, no matter how much it's worth!
That's the numbers matching motor? If so, maybe have it looks over. Hate to see you punch a rod through it.
My bets advice. Go get the absolute highest estimate you can find on that car. It may take some time. Then insure it for that amount. If is rust free, all original minus paint, it's worth at least $70,000 to the right buyer. Original paint, it's over $100k easy.

That's the numbers matching motor? If so, maybe have it looks over. Hate to see you punch a rod through it.
My bets advice. Go get the absolute highest estimate you can find on that car. It may take some time. Then insure it for that amount. If is rust free, all original minus paint, it's worth at least $70,000 to the right buyer. Original paint, it's over $100k easy.

You can insure it for any amount you want if your willing to pay. I have my classics insured with ANPAC insurance. Tell them what you want it insured for and pay the bill. Had my really high end restored 100% original 1967 Chevell SS insured for 60k and it was super reasonable. Got my current Nova insured for 40k even though its not even painted or even a roller.

It's insured for 200K and yes, everything but the paint is original, or restored to original, or can be converted back to original!
I had a few Mopar Muscle experts do a full search and comparison of the factory records vs the actual build sheet that was still in the car, and they confirmed it's rarity, and Dodge issued a letter for it!
It's a late 1970 R/T 440 4 Barrel with Hurst pistol grip Hemi 4 speed, with factory A.C! It has the R/T Stripe delete, Vinyl top delete, R/T Hood delete, standard hood equipped, Forest green metallic paint, Black and White Deluxe interior with bucket seats, SE trim with Center console, and Ceiling Console, plus all the factory required Upgrades for the R/T, Plus, it has the T/A rear valence which it never should have had, and is the ONLY non T/A car ever built with it, and the T/A side exhaust system, also a bespoke part for the T/A Only! It also has the Hemi Spec 'Stiff" torsion bar front end with anti roll bars, and rear axle anti roll bar with the rear springs relocated 4 inches inboard, and factory drag pack spring helper bars, 15X8 front, and 15X10 "interceptor wheels" with truck hub caps, and Goodyear 60 series tires, all factory! The Kid who ordered it ether really knew what he was doing, or some one at the dealership did and helped him break the factory order codes and got the order through despite the "rules" against certain parts for certain cars only! Ether way, this car was built to be sneaky, to fool the insurance companies, and the street racer crowd, it was $480 cheaper too, and it is quicker then any factory Hemi car other then a "White" factory drag car! All of this is shown on the factory build sheet, and lots of jaws dropped when it was all confirmed! It is the ONLY 70 Challenger built this way! I know of three other Challengers that were never supposed to be delivered the way they were, and yet thy did and they all have build sheets to back them up!

Did the previous owner address the cowling air intake rust issue that Falcons and Mustangs have. I helped my neighbor pull a corded swab back and forth with some sort of sealant through the repaired duct work after he replaced the sheet metal.
I got that gunk all over me. The cans label declared that it's adhesion properties were "Tenacious" and it took a week to wear it off my hands.

It's insured for 200K and yes, everything but the paint is original, or restored to original, or can be converted back to original!
I had a few Mopar Muscle experts do a full search and comparison of the factory records vs the actual build sheet that was still in the car, and they confirmed it's rarity, and Dodge issued a letter for it!
It's a late 1970 R/T 440 4 Barrel with Hurst pistol grip Hemi 4 speed, with factory A.C! It has the R/T Stripe delete, Vinyl top delete, R/T Hood delete, standard hood equipped, Forest green metallic paint, Black and White Deluxe interior with bucket seats, SE trim with Center console, and Ceiling Console, plus all the factory required Upgrades for the R/T, Plus, it has the T/A rear valence which it never should have had, and is the ONLY non T/A car ever built with it, and the T/A side exhaust system, also a bespoke part for the T/A Only! It also has the Hemi Spec 'Stiff" torsion bar front end with anti roll bars, and rear axle anti roll bar with the rear springs relocated 4 inches inboard, and factory drag pack spring helper bars, 15X8 front, and 15X10 "interceptor wheels" with truck hub caps, and Goodyear 60 series tires, all factory! The Kid who ordered it ether really knew what he was doing, or some one at the dealership did and helped him break the factory order codes and got the order through despite the "rules" against certain parts for certain cars only! Ether way, this car was built to be sneaky, to fool the insurance companies, and the street racer crowd, it was $480 cheaper too, and it is quicker then any factory Hemi car other then a "White" factory drag car! All of this is shown on the factory build sheet, and lots of jaws dropped when it was all confirmed! It is the ONLY 70 Challenger built this way! I know of three other Challengers that were never supposed to be delivered the way they were, and yet thy did and they all have build sheets to back them up!
And I forgot to mention. That's one HELL of a cool story about how your procured that car. Truly...
From the loss of the young man to that damn war, and then how you had the courage and ability to buy it.
Sure it's worth a lot. But money is just money. That car is full of stories.
Cars and pickups are the best!

Um my miner was off. It's worth at least $200k
Your a cool dude man. That car, the highly modified factor stuff? That's incredible!!
If someone offered you $200k would you take it?

To think dodge put out the
Charger
Challenger
And basically the Cuda

In 1970.

I used to be a camera fan. I think that are butt ugly fairy cars now.

Dodge had some big nuts back then.

And I forgot to mention. That's one HELL of a cool story about how your procured that car. Truly...
From the loss of the young man to that damn war, and then how you had the courage and ability to buy it.
Sure it's worth a lot. But money is just money. That car is full of stories.
Cars and pickups are the best!

Um my miner was off. It's worth at least $200k
Your a cool dude man. That car, the highly modified factor stuff? That's incredible!!
If someone offered you $200k would you take it?
It's been tempting over the years, but no, I wouldn't sell it, even at double that, it's worth more to me Just because of its story and my time and memories with it! Plus, when I got it, it wasn't something crazy or even all that impressive until you really got under the hood of it, as it were!, And this was back before the sudden surge in value and desire for these cars! To me, it's always just been a cool car that I wanted and made it happen back when I was lucky enough to be in the right time and place and had the money burning a hole In my pocket! It wasn't easy, and there were some hard times, and that car had to sit for a long time, but..... .
Yea, it was all worth it in the end, and I'm still very much in love with it, even after all these years! Put the key in it, pump the gas a few times, hit the start and hang on! Let it warm up and ease out on the clutch and off you go, the coolest car around that trip! Seeing another muscle car on the road while your driving it and you drop down into second and give it a foot full, just to show you care, priceless!

Did the previous owner address the cowling air intake rust issue that Falcons and Mustangs have. I helped my neighbor pull a corded swab back and forth with some sort of sealant through the repaired duct work after he replaced the sheet metal.
I got that gunk all over me. The cans label declared that it's adhesion properties were "Tenacious" and it took a week to wear it off my hands.

Yes, he did replace the cowling, it was evident by the unprimed tack welds. It was the last thing he did before deciding to sell it.;)

You might want to seal the interior of the cowling like my neighbor did, as they are essentially a water trap.
I could find out what material he used if you're interested.

Then there is this little beasty! my First car, a 1969 Alfa Romeo GTV and a real hoot to play with! This thing has gotten me in so much trouble so many times! It was basically just a neat little car and it was cheap when I got it! Now, even stock, its worth a whole bunch, far more then I would ever have imagined!
No, it's not stock!

alfaromeogtv1974-l-b0efa57b06b21b21.jpg

1582010075942.png 1582010075942.png 1582010143785.png
Yup, it's got a pure bred Alfa Rome V8 from a wrecked 74 Montreal! Stock is a 2.7L and it's been bored and stroked out to 4.3L and makes 425 HP and revs to 9000! It was built to replicate the 1968 Tipo 33 Stradale coupe, uses most of the internals but is not injected!
Fast is an understatement, it hits like its turbo charged and will smoke a lot of serious American Iron!
Yes, I still own it too! I got a problem, I like cool cars!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top