JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Excellent article in the Dallas Morning News. :)

Bold added by me
It is often said by people of all political persuasions, and certainly by my fellow conservatives, that the primary duty of the federal government is to keep us safe.

The problem is, that's not true. The founding documents, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and especially the Federalist Papers, make it clear that the primary duty of the federal government is the preservation of liberty, not safety. The Founders had very clear ideas about the trade-offs between safety and liberty, and they willingly gave up their own security in order to take a desperate shot at more political liberty.

The Founders were primarily concerned about preventing tyranny, and they correctly understood that a free people could keep themselves safe, but a safe people might not be able to keep themselves free. You could live safely in a police state or a military dictatorship, or remain subjects of King George, but you wouldn't be free.

First we have to stop bad people from doing bad things, or at least get politicians to admit that's the problem. But that's also a slippery slope now that so many people (people who do not value their privacy) have these listening devices in their homes. Now big surprise, government agencies want the companies who provide said devices to give them access so that they can predict who will be bad actors. I'm sure that will work out splendidly.

"...they leave open the implication that liberty requires us to tolerate the occasional (or not-so-occasional) mass shooting."

I understand this may not be a winning argument but it is the truth. We as a free people deal with this daily in many aspects of our lives. Safety and liberty can't always be served up on the same platter. When one side of an issue perceives your liberty as unnecessary, they will likely choose their percieved safety over your liberty.

As bad as it all is..... its kind of the cost of doing business.

I firmly believe that the society that we have created is solely responsible for the mass shootings and high suicide rates we are experiencing. NOTHING short of a serious overhaul of our country is going to change any of that. And we can all forget about that.

In the end, freedom isnt free.

First Amendment means you have to hear bubblegum you dont like, or at least a person cannot be punished for that speech.
Amendments 4 thru 8 mean that sometimes criminals get away with their crimes because the rules were not followed and/or criminals are not justly punished... it sucks, especially if you are the victim... but it is the price that is paid for all of us to have those freedoms.
Ultimately the Second Amendment means that we all have guns. An extremely small number of those guns are used illegally to kill people... and even smaller unbelievably small amount of those are random mass shootings.

None of us should be forced to or be willing to give up our rights because the mob thinks that it will make things better. That is NOT what our country is supposed to be about.

So, yeah, I said it.... I dont care about mass shootings. The fact that they happen should have zero legal bearing on ANYONE who is NOT the shooter. Period.
I propose NO laws and want Congress to do exactly ZERO in response to them. They are only going to make things worse.

They are a minuscule matter when you look at the big picture. Mourn the dead, help the survivors and get on with it.

Im also tired of hearing about assault rifles.... Tired of repeating the facts to morons over and over. Tired of hearing about sporting rifles and my AR is not select fire so its not an assault rifle... or how AR means Armalite Rifle, and on and on and on .... the people who want to disarm you.. Do. Not. Give. A. bubblegum. about facts or details or anything and everything they have wrong on the matter. Their goal is not to learn about guns or hear anything you have to say. YOU are their enemy. They seek to disarm you no matter what. Period.

The 2nd Amendment says I have the RIGHT TO OWN AN ASSAULT RIFLE... To defend myself, my family, my community and my country. Period.
When bubblegum goes down, Im not grabbing my 30-30... Im getting my AR and a reasonable load out of 30 round magazines. Done.

However, if I could curtail others' rights in the name of the greater good.... I would ban social media entirely. Maybe bubblegumcan the whole internet. And this coming from a guy who came of age in the golden era of the internet... Back when it took over a minute to load a page, or two minutes for a jpg to open on my 28.8 or 33.6mbps dialup connection. I spent half my life on the internet... and frankly, I wouldnt miss it after the first month.

If you charted the rise of the internet and the rise of social media along with the rise in the number of mass shooting events, you would see that would track eachother very closely. The world our young people are coming up in combined with the psychological blitzkrieg that social media delivers upon them is a recipe for disaster.

I firmly believe that the society that we have created is solely responsible for the mass shootings and high suicide rates we are experiencing. NOTHING short of a serious overhaul of our country is going to change any of that. And we can all forget about that.

First Amendment means you have to hear bubblegum you dont like, or at least a person cannot be punished for that speech.
Amendments 4 thru 8 mean that sometimes criminals get away with their crimes because the rules were not followed and/or criminals are not justly punished... it sucks, especially if you are the victim... but it is the price that is paid for all of us to have those freedoms.
Ultimately the Second Amendment means that we all have guns. An extremely small number of those guns are used illegally to kill people... and even smaller unbelievably small amount of those are random mass shootings.

None of us should be forced to or be willing to give up our rights because the mob thinks that it will make things better. That is NOT what our country is supposed to be about.

So, yeah, I said it.... I dont care about mass shootings. The fact that they happen should have zero legal bearing on ANYONE who is NOT the shooter. Period.
I propose NO laws and want Congress to do exactly ZERO in response to them. They are only going to make things worse.

They are a minuscule matter when you look at the big picture. Mourn the dead, help the survivors and get on with it.

Im also tired of hearing about assault rifles.... Tired of repeating the facts to morons over and over. Tired of hearing about sporting rifles and my AR is not select fire so its not an assault rifle... or how AR means Armalite Rifle, and on and on and on .... the people who want to disarm you.. Do. Not. Give. A. bubblegum. about facts or details or anything and everything they have wrong on the matter. Their goal is not to learn about guns or hear anything you have to say. YOU are their enemy. They seek to disarm you no matter what. Period.

The 2nd Amendment says I have the RIGHT TO OWN AN ASSAULT RIFLE... To defend myself, my family, my community and my country. Period.
When bubblegum goes down, Im not grabbing my 30-30... Im getting my AR and a reasonable load out of 30 round magazines. Done.

However, if I could curtail others' rights in the name of the greater good.... I would ban social media entirely. Maybe bubblegumcan the whole internet. And this coming from a guy who came of age in the golden era of the internet... Back when it took over a minute to load a page, or two minutes for a jpg to open on my 28.8 or 33.6mbps dialup connection. I spent half my life on the internet... and frankly, I wouldnt miss it after the first month.

If you charted the rise of the internet and the rise of social media along with the rise in the number of mass shooting events, you would see that would track eachother very closely. The world our young people are coming up in combined with the psychological blitzkrieg that social media delivers upon them is a recipe for disaster.
Exactly, freedom isn't free.

Very well said.
I agree with almost all of it except I would go along with more laws, with stiff penalties. These might show the antis that we are trying. Here are some I'd go for:

1) Make it a crime for a school, the police, or any other entity to hide student criminal and violent behavior from the police. This was an Obama policy that contributed to, perhaps even directly resulted in, the Parkland, Florida school shooting. I want violent juveniles/students to be on the prohibited persons list - they should be required to report it to the NICS system.

2) Make it a crime for police, the military, or any other entity to fail to report to the NICS system acts/convictions/etc that would make a person a prohibited person. That might have prevented the Sutherland Springs, TX church shooting. I know, criminals will just steal their gun or buy it on the black market - at least maybe we will not have to hear about failure to report dangerous people to the NICS system.

3) Law requiring death penalty for mass shooters within 7 days of conviction, priority on court schedule for trial, insanity defense prohibited.

4) Law allowing any non-prohibited school employee to voluntarily carry concealed.

5) Law requiring not less than 2 armed adults on every school campus - could be CHL holders, paid security, police, staff, volunteers, etc. This is similar to what the OP article was saying.

6) Law with stiff punishment for failure of police/cities/states/others to report and turn over non-citizens, particularly criminals, to ICE for immediate deportation.

I'll bet police or lawyers can come up with more!

Last Edited:
If they wanted to stop gun crime, they would encourage every city to have gun laws like the cities that have the LEAST gun crime, instead of pushing laws like the cities that have the MOST gun crime.

They WANT what they are causing!

Here's my plan to push back against the absurd measures being presented, and just maybe make a difference in violent crime rates. Let's go after the bad guys. Let's go after the most common ways that bad guys get weapons. How about 100% full prosecution everytime, with mandatory minimum sentences for:

- Possession of a stolen firearm,
- Felon in possession of a firearm,
- Straw purchases, both purchaser and intended recipient
- "Lie and try" on 4473's. (Lying on a federal form in an attempt to purchase a firearm).

All too often, these offenses get 'plea bargained' back to lesser crimes, if prosecuted at all. Let's try punishing the bad guys to the full extent of existing law, no exceptions. No risk to law abiding citizens, direct effect on people that choose not to follow the law.

As they say, one man's opinion....B.B.S.

70BB52E6-F7A5-44FB-9B5A-DFAC0999C8F1.jpeg 8C999C26-EAA9-4D92-A238-60439C0362E8.jpeg

Here's my plan to push back against the absurd measures being presented, and just maybe make a difference in violent crime rates. Let's go after the bad guys. Let's go after the most common ways that bad guys get weapons. How about 100% full prosecution everytime, with mandatory minimum sentences for:

- Possession of a stolen firearm,
- Felon in possession of a firearm,
- Straw purchases, both purchaser and intended recipient
- "Lie and try" on 4473's. (Lying on a federal form in an attempt to purchase a firearm).

All too often, these offenses get 'plea bargained' back to lesser crimes, if prosecuted at all. Let's try punishing the bad guys to the full extent of existing law, no exceptions. No risk to law abiding citizens, direct effect on people that choose not to follow the law.

As they say, one man's opinion....B.B.S.

Good ones, but need an exception to possession of a stolen firearm for the cases where the person did not know the gun was stolen. Should not have to say it, but anti judges............

Most of the bad people who do bad things with guns live in Democrat controlled cities.

Most of the bad people came from families suffering from Liberal Social Experiments.

Liberal lawyers and judges do everything they can to keep these people from being punished by the justice system.

Gun violence brings votes to the Democrat party. If gun violence went away, Democrats would loose more elections.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top